Player: Lazaro Bruzon Batista
| page 1 of 1; 8 games
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 1 OF 2 ·
|May-24-07|| ||chessmoron: Vassily Ivanchuk really need this and hopefully he gained a bit of points here. My God, he is dropping points crazy.|
|May-24-07|| ||chessmoron: 72% Drawfest.|
|May-24-07|| ||Knight13: Cool nice to see my favorite player FINALLY winning a freakin' tournament!|
|May-24-07|| ||Dr.Lecter: <chessmoron> But Ivanchuk is getting a bit old, like Short is, to be playing with the real top guys, like Kramnik, Topalov, or Anand. I'm pretty sure he can win a bit weaker tourneys easily, though. I'd like to see Ivanchuk winning more super-tournaments, cause I'm fond of him, too.|
|May-24-07|| ||keypusher: <Dr.Lecter: <chessmoron> But Ivanchuk is getting a bit old, like Short is, to be playing with the real top guys, like Kramnik, Topalov, or Anand.> Ivanchuk is about six months older than Anand.|
|May-24-07|| ||Dr.Lecter: Oh, really? I thought he was way older than that. Never mind, than. Take out Anand from my list.|
|May-25-07|| ||Chess Classics: Jeez, no wonder Ivanchuk is winning this tournament. I mean, look at the competition. I haven't even heard of any of the others except for Kamil Miton.|
|May-25-07|| ||BIDMONFA: 42nd Capablanca Memorial (2007)|
Round 6, leader Vassily Ivanchuk 5 points
|May-25-07|| ||JointheArmy: <chessmoron> How many points is Ivanchuk going to lose next list? Also Bruzon needs this not Ivanchuk, he's down to 2620 already.|
|May-25-07|| ||Knight13: I don't thinK Ivanchuk's gonna lose ANY points in this tournament unless he gets blown off by a 2500 or something.|
|May-25-07|| ||keypusher: <Dr. Lecter> <Oh, really? I thought he was way older than that. Never mind, than. Take out Anand from my list.>|
Does this mean Anand will be too old to play against Kramnik and Topalov starting six months from now?
|May-25-07|| ||ganso: It's surprising that Bruzon is at the bottom. He and Dominguez are strong, about 2660, tops among the Cuban players.|
|May-25-07|| ||Mameluk: Dominguez is much better last year or two.|
|May-25-07|| ||percyblakeney: Bruzon has a bad sequence in the Capablanca Memorial after +0 -2 =8 last year and +0 -2 =4 at the moment in this edition.|
|May-26-07|| ||BIDMONFA: 42nd Capablanca Memorial (2007)|
Round 7, leader Vassily Ivanchuk 5'5 points
|May-26-07|| ||savagerules: What a weak tournament to honor Capablanca, they should call it the Ricky Ricardo Memorial Tournament instead.|
|May-26-07|| ||technical draw: "You have some splaining to do Lucy, uh, savagerules"...|
|May-26-07|| ||IMDONE4: Ivanchuk's competition in this tournament wasn't weak; Most players were rated in the mid to high 2600s. Anyways, congrats Ivanchuk on winning the tourney.|
|May-26-07|| ||Caissanist: I believe that the tournament still has two rounds to go.|
|May-26-07|| ||ganso: Looks like Dominguez and Ivanchuk played a 15 move draw in round 6 or so. Dominguez earlier played an even shorter draw with Bruzon. No comprendo, given Dominguez's mediocre results in tournament. I guess he's given up and is happy with a +1 (but he shouldn't be!).|
|May-26-07|| ||Dr.Lecter: <keypusher> OMG! You're driving me crazy. OK. Let me clarify. I think Anand is a real good player and has a chance in winning any tourney, just as much as Topa or Vlad. BUT, I think he might be becoming too old to participate in big tournaments in 2-3 years. Ivanchuk, an exception, because he seems to have nervous problems or something, and maybe, just maybe, can't concentrate as much as other players. Possible explanation: Age. |
Hope I was clear this time around
|May-27-07|| ||BIDMONFA: 42nd Capablanca Memorial (2007)|
Round 8, champion Vassily Ivanchuk 6'5 points
|May-27-07|| ||percyblakeney: After Ivanchuk's win in round 8 he has won the tournament with one round to go and will at the moment gain around a dozen points.|
|May-27-07|| ||Mameluk: Ivanchuk gains some points from here, bundesliga and russian liga. What can be his next rating? My experienced guess is around 2755, which may not be enough for top 5 but pretty close to No. 2.|
|May-27-07|| ||Wolfgang01: What's more interesting to me: Why does Vassily Ivanchuk not play with the candidates tournament? There are at last two to four players obviously with a lower rating than his. Vassily will also have his reasons.|
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 1 OF 2 ·
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC