|Isle of Man Masters (2007)|
The Masters section of the 16th Monarch Assurance Isle of Man International was played in Ocean Castle Hotel, Port Erin, Isle of Man, 22-30 September 2007. Time controls: 40 moves in 120 minutes, next 20 moves in 60 minutes, remaining moves in 30 minutes. Tournament director and chief organizer: Jean-Pierre Depin. Chief arbiter: David Welch. Six players (Bartel, Efimenko, Golod, Kobalia, Roiz, and Yakovich) shared first place with 6.5/9. The best game prize (£500) was shared by Spragget and Gurevich for M Ferguson vs K Spraggett, 2007 and P K Wells vs M Gurevich, 2007. Best female player: Joanna Dworakowska with 5.5/9.
Round reports, crosstable, etc.: https://www.saund.co.uk/britbase/mo...
Previous: Isle of Man Masters (2006). Next (after a hiatus of 7 years): Isle of Man Masters (2014)
| page 1 of 16; games 1-25 of 385
|1. D Troyke vs P A Johnson
|| ||1-0||56||2007||Isle of Man Masters||A13 English|
|2. S Fairbairn vs A J Walton
||1-0||48||2007||Isle of Man Masters||A03 Bird's Opening|
|3. J Bentley vs M Waters
|| ||1-0||42||2007||Isle of Man Masters||E31 Nimzo-Indian, Leningrad, Main line|
|4. J Fraser-Mitchell vs B Bannink
|| ||0-1||51||2007||Isle of Man Masters||D15 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav|
|5. J P Nelson vs R Almond
|| ||0-1||42||2007||Isle of Man Masters||A07 King's Indian Attack|
|6. H Noordhoek vs A G Ashton
|| ||0-1||39||2007||Isle of Man Masters||A00 Uncommon Opening|
|7. A Szieberth vs D Collier
||1-0||32||2007||Isle of Man Masters||C00 French Defense|
|8. P Adams vs V Prosviriakov
|| ||½-½||41||2007||Isle of Man Masters||C47 Four Knights|
|9. Klinova vs S Sulskis
|| ||0-1||28||2007||Isle of Man Masters||B40 Sicilian|
|10. A G Grant vs M Goodger
|| ||1-0||52||2007||Isle of Man Masters||A04 Reti Opening|
|11. N Hutchinson vs K H B Allen
|| ||0-1||30||2007||Isle of Man Masters||C85 Ruy Lopez, Exchange Variation Doubly Deferred (DERLD)|
|12. J G Nicholson vs M Yeo
||0-1||15||2007||Isle of Man Masters||C74 Ruy Lopez, Modern Steinitz Defense|
|13. J van den Bersselaar vs I Marks
|| ||0-1||89||2007||Isle of Man Masters||E40 Nimzo-Indian, 4.e3|
|14. T Spanton vs W B Wright
||0-1||30||2007||Isle of Man Masters||A07 King's Indian Attack|
|15. O Jackson vs P Cafolla
|| ||1-0||24||2007||Isle of Man Masters||B23 Sicilian, Closed|
|16. C Majer vs M Ly
||0-1||60||2007||Isle of Man Masters||C02 French, Advance|
|17. N Egozi vs A Tate
|| ||0-1||31||2007||Isle of Man Masters||D38 Queen's Gambit Declined, Ragozin Variation|
|18. F Obers vs K Smokina
|| ||½-½||46||2007||Isle of Man Masters||A20 English|
|19. P Taylor vs A Fox
|| ||1-0||72||2007||Isle of Man Masters||D35 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|20. Hebden vs A Zozulia
|| ||1-0||63||2007||Isle of Man Masters||A00 Uncommon Opening|
|21. J Horner vs M Pavlovic
|| ||1-0||43||2007||Isle of Man Masters||B45 Sicilian, Taimanov|
|22. V Georgiev vs E Shachar
|| ||1-0||39||2007||Isle of Man Masters||A84 Dutch|
|23. D Svetushkin vs D Smerdon
|| ||1-0||42||2007||Isle of Man Masters||A70 Benoni, Classical with 7.Nf3|
|24. S Haslinger vs Efimenko
|| ||0-1||57||2007||Isle of Man Masters||B90 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|25. M Roiz vs B Heberla
|| ||1-0||38||2007||Isle of Man Masters||D02 Queen's Pawn Game|
| page 1 of 16; games 1-25 of 385
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC