A tournament summary in Wiener Schach-Zeitung Nr. 11 (June 1927) (pp. 158-162) is online at http://anno.onb.ac.at/cgi-content/a... A congress was held on occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Bremen Schachgesellschaft and the 26th meeting of the Niederelbischer Schachbund. World championship challenger Efim Bogoljubov was invited, and did not disappoint. On 11 April, the day before the tournament started, he drew (1-1) a match against Oscar Antze, who had just won the Bremen SG winter tournament. There were also other events held at the congress, the main of which (Landes-Hauptturnier) was won by Herbert Heinicke.
The final standings and crosstable:
Originated from Game Collection: 99_Bremen 1927 by User: whiteshark.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Pts
1 Bogoljubov * ½ 1 1 ½ 1 1 1 6
2 Brinckmann ½ * 0 1 ½ 1 1 ½ 4½
=3 Wagner 0 1 * 0 ½ 1 ½ 1 4
=3 Hilse 0 0 1 * 1 0 1 1 4
5 Carls ½ ½ ½ 0 * ½ ½ 1 3½
=6 Schönmann 0 0 0 1 ½ * ½ ½ 2½
=6 Krüger 0 0 ½ 0 ½ ½ * 1 2½
8 Holzhausen 0 ½ 0 0 0 ½ 0 * 1
| page 1 of 2; games 1-25 of 28
|1. Carls vs Bogoljubov
||½-½||46||1927||Bremen||A29 English, Four Knights, Kingside Fianchetto|
|2. P Krueger vs Hilse
|| ||0-1||31||1927||Bremen||A38 English, Symmetrical|
|3. W Von Holzhausen vs A Brinckmann
|| ||½-½||35||1927||Bremen||B17 Caro-Kann, Steinitz Variation|
|4. H Wagner vs W Schoenmann
|| ||1-0||48||1927||Bremen||A46 Queen's Pawn Game|
|5. W Schoenmann vs P Krueger
|| ||½-½||38||1927||Bremen||B45 Sicilian, Taimanov|
|6. H Wagner vs W Von Holzhausen
|| ||1-0||30||1927||Bremen||D10 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav|
|7. Carls vs Hilse
||0-1||69||1927||Bremen||A19 English, Mikenas-Carls, Sicilian Variation|
|8. Bogoljubov vs A Brinckmann
|| ||½-½||36||1927||Bremen||C73 Ruy Lopez, Modern Steinitz Defense|
|9. A Brinckmann vs Hilse
|| ||1-0||33||1927||Bremen||A03 Bird's Opening|
|10. Carls vs H Wagner
|| ||½-½||30||1927||Bremen||A13 English|
|11. W Von Holzhausen vs W Schoenmann
|| ||½-½||61||1927||Bremen||B02 Alekhine's Defense|
|12. P Krueger vs Bogoljubov
|| ||0-1||51||1927||Bremen||C68 Ruy Lopez, Exchange|
|13. A Brinckmann vs P Krueger
|| ||1-0||28||1927||Bremen||C82 Ruy Lopez, Open|
|14. Hilse vs H Wagner
|| ||1-0||31||1927||Bremen||A13 English|
|15. W Schoenmann vs Carls
|| ||½-½||54||1927||Bremen||B27 Sicilian|
|16. Bogoljubov vs W Von Holzhausen
|| ||1-0||47||1927||Bremen||D64 Queen's Gambit Declined, Orthodox, Rubinstein Attack|
|17. P Krueger vs W Von Holzhausen
|| ||1-0||69||1927||Bremen||D49 Queen's Gambit Declined Semi-Slav, Meran|
|18. A Brinckmann vs Carls
|| ||½-½||70||1927||Bremen||A07 King's Indian Attack|
|19. Bogoljubov vs H Wagner
||1-0||46||1927||Bremen||D64 Queen's Gambit Declined, Orthodox, Rubinstein Attack|
|20. Hilse vs W Schoenmann
|| ||0-1||57||1927||Bremen||A14 English|
|21. W Schoenmann vs Bogoljubov
|| ||0-1||43||1927||Bremen||B83 Sicilian|
|22. Carls vs P Krueger
|| ||½-½||54||1927||Bremen||A13 English|
|23. H Wagner vs A Brinckmann
|| ||1-0||44||1927||Bremen||A48 King's Indian|
|24. W Von Holzhausen vs Hilse
|| ||0-1||60||1927||Bremen||B83 Sicilian|
|25. P Krueger vs H Wagner
|| ||½-½||30||1927||Bremen||B40 Sicilian|
| page 1 of 2; games 1-25 of 28
There is no kibitzing for this page, yet.
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC