| page 1 of 39; games 1-25 of 956
| page 1 of 39; games 1-25 of 956
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 2 OF 3 ·
|Dec-06-13|| ||whiteshark: <jphamlore: Is Aronian playing in the Bundesliga this season?> Not necessarily, as his team, OSG Baden-Baden, is again by far the strongest, even w/o him.|
|Dec-15-13|| ||waustad: OSG Baden Baden lost on their top two boards and still won the match with http://www.schachverein-wattenschei.... Having a player as strong as Georg Meier on board 8 is a luxury the opponents can't match.|
|Dec-21-13|| ||Cushion: Does anyone know when the most recent games are going to be added to the database?|
|Dec-24-13|| ||Everett: Doesn't Adams usually play this?|
|Dec-24-13|| ||Refused: <Everett: Doesn't Adams usually play this?>|
He is on the roster of OSG Baden Baden.
But like Anand and Aronian he has not played a game this season.
Those guys get paid per game. So just because they signed for a team does not mean they play a lot. E.g. last version Baden had Carlsen, Anand and Aronian on their roster. Anand and Carlsen played a combined of 0 games. Aronian played 2 games. But generally speaking most GMs sign contracts that guarantees them a certain number of games (and thus money).
That's Baden's roster for this season.
|Dec-24-13|| ||Everett: <refused> thank you!|
|Feb-02-14|| ||waustad: The Bundesliga website is down for maintenance. Hopefully there will be some upgrades. Being able to search for a player without knowing his or her team would be a big help.|
|Feb-02-14|| ||twinlark: Yes, hope they make it more user friendly.|
|Feb-02-14|| ||Refused: <waustad: The Bundesliga website is down for maintenance. Hopefully there will be some upgrades. Being able to search for a player without knowing his or her team would be a big help.>|
For most known players, it'S just Baden anyway.
|Feb-09-14|| ||notyetagm: McShane vs M Vachier-Lagrave, 2014|
|Feb-16-14|| ||waustad: For anyone interested, there is now an easier to use site dedicated to the Frauenbundesliga: http://nsv-online.de/ligen/fbl/ It is roughly equivalent to the http://www.schachbundesliga.de/ site for the men. During one weekend at one of the sites there was even a live portal like for the men, so maybe that will be coming eventually.|
|Feb-17-14|| ||notyetagm: A Giri vs A Belezky, 2014|
A *fantastic* attacking game by Giri against a lower-rated opponent.
|Feb-21-14|| ||waustad: The next round is tomorrow.|
|Feb-21-14|| ||notyetagm: Bundesliga (2013)|
<waustad: The next round is tomorrow.>
Yes, hopefully <MVL> will kill two opponents with a <TACTICAL STORM> this weekend.
|Feb-22-14|| ||jamesmaskell: Today Anand playing Ragger with White. Aronian with Black against Sandipan, Svidler White vs L'Ami and Karpov with White vs Erdos.|
Had a feeling Aronian would be playing to keep himself sharp but Anand is a nice bonus.
|Feb-22-14|| ||jamesmaskell: Games just begun and it looks like only Anand is playing and Svidler, Karpov and Aronian have disappeared off the live game page. Disappointed...|
Oh well, Anand playing white side of a Benoni.
|Feb-23-14|| ||jamesmaskell: AFter yesterdays win vs Ragger he has Black vs Piotr Bobras. 257 Elo lead. Sicilian Kan/Paulsen.|
|Feb-23-14|| ||waustad: Chessbase has an article about the FBL for those interested. It includes games from the first 5 rounds of the season. http://de.chessbase.com/post/frauen...|
|Mar-08-14|| ||waustad: Unlike the Bundesliga 1 which appears to be turning into a walkover, the FBL will be decided during the final weekend. In the Saturday match (March 29th) between OSG Baden Baden and the present leader (on tiebreaks) SC 1957 Bad Königshofen, it is conceivable that 6 of the top 20 women will be playing. There have been a very few occasions when FBL games have been broadcast live, but this would be great time for it. With the tiebreak situation, Baden Baden will need to win the match to win the season, assuming there are no upsets tomorrow or on March 30th.|
|Mar-15-14|| ||waustad: Several players I'd have expected to play in the European Individual Championship were in Reykjavik instead. They may have made that choice based on playing in the Bundesliga this weekend, where they know they'll get paid.|
|Mar-16-14|| ||jamesmaskell: Looks like Karpov playing White today for Hockenheim against Kravtsiv. Other interesting pairings Adams-McShane, Howell-Negi, Van Kampen-Rapport and Fressinet-Bacrot.|
|Mar-16-14|| ||offramp: I still can't see the point of the Bundesliga?|
|Mar-16-14|| ||RedShield: Me neither. Bayern Munich are 23 points ahead.|
|Mar-16-14|| ||whiteshark: "Gifted chess amateurs are travelling all across Germany and get paid for it."|
inspired by http://lolmythesis.com/
|Mar-29-14|| ||waustad: Women's chess at its finest in the FBL: http://live.sf-deizisau.de/?g=2&r=10
There are several tactical scrums going on and time trouble is looming. The press coverage will be interesting, since several of the most photographed chess players are all in the same room.|
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 2 OF 3 ·
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC