| page 1 of 1; 12 games
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 4 OF 4 ·
|Oct-26-13|| ||offramp: Unlive is what the Undead do all day long.|
|Oct-26-13|| ||KingchecksQueen: I hope Wesley makes it to the top ten highest rated list anytime soon.|
|Oct-26-13|| ||GlennOliver: Wesley So v. Micky Adams is a quick draw.|
|Oct-26-13|| ||Kikoman: Congratulations! GM Wesley So! :D|
|Oct-26-13|| ||fref: What are the tie-breaks used?|
|Oct-27-13|| ||QueentakesKing: My $100-dollar question for Wesley is: Are you ready to kick Hikaru's ass?|
|Oct-27-13|| ||kardopov: Not only that of Hikaru.|
|Oct-27-13|| ||bien pensant: Disrespectful to say "kick his ass". Better just say kick his goat. The ass is a gentle animal.|
|Oct-27-13|| ||geniokov: <QueentakesKing: My $100-dollar question for Wesley is: Are you ready to kick Hikaru's ass?>
You know,in our country,We kick someone´s ass for pleasure! You can keep that 100$ Dollar for your bets.But since both Wesley and Hikaru knew each other,for sure Wesley will "kick his ass" for nothing! In short,FREE OF CHARGE! Lol!|
|Oct-27-13|| ||HeMateMe: I'm not yet convinced. So beat Loek and beans, but not Adams, in this rather short event. Consistent, and congrats for doing well here, but W. So is going to be facing monsters every round at TaTa, A Group. I hope he does well there, it's always nice to see some new blood appear. I just don't think he should be overwhelmed by other's expectations of him.|
|Oct-27-13|| ||SugarDom: Wesley will arrive at tata wielding 2 swords like spartacus hehe|
|Oct-27-13|| ||HeMateMe: Well, he may need them. Kramnik, Carlsen and Aronian are somewhat different than Van Kamp and Loek Wely.|
|Oct-28-13|| ||fgh: <Kramnik, Carlsen and Aronian are somewhat different than Van Kamp and Loek Wely.>|
Kramnik and Carlsen won't be playing in TATA next year, and neither will Anand, for that matter.
|Oct-28-13|| ||Refused: <fgh: <Kramnik, Carlsen and Aronian are somewhat different than Van Kamp and Loek Wely.>
Kramnik and Carlsen won't be playing in TATA next year, and neither will Anand, for that matter.>|
One of them might.
10. van Wely
As you can see, those are just eleven players, and the A Tournament consists of twelve players. That means one spot is still open.
Kramnik will probably not play it, because it's not his tournament. As he put it.
My guess is, the last invitation will go to the winner of Anand-Carlsen. Or do you have a more solid intel on the last participant?
|Oct-28-13|| ||iking: i hope Carlsen will play ....|
|Oct-28-13|| ||HeMateMe: I would guess both WC participants will be exhausted. I think stunt casting to Judit Polgar or, more likely a top Russian or Ukrainian.|
|Oct-28-13|| ||csmath: Yup, it looks like they are waiting for somebody from Anand-Carlsen match to play, probably (new) world champion. If not then they will likely add another Dutch player.|
Anand-Carlsen match will be over by the end of November (closing ceremony Nov 28) meaning that (new) world champion would have more than a month to recover from the match which is by the way not that long anyway. Tata Steel starts January 10, 2014. Thus participation in Tata Steel is quite possible.
Wesley So's main job should be to complete semester now. If he fails to complete his undergraduate studies he will not find any job in the US and to count on professional chess career is not a very smart thing to do.
|Oct-29-13|| ||Nina Myers: So's play wasn't so impressive, but his opponents played a sight worse.|
|Oct-29-13|| ||epistle: Prrrfffpppttt.
Excuse my air, it just got out of prison.
|Oct-29-13|| ||iking: <Nina Myers: So's play wasn't so impressive, but his opponents played a sight worse.>|
when did you made a positive comment <NM>? ... alot of green air from u
|Oct-29-13|| ||Strongest Force: Congrats to Wes and fans. It must have been like a wet dream to certain fans :)|
|Nov-03-13|| ||iking: yuck ...|
|Nov-03-13|| ||SugarDom: Prrpptppt...pptrp
i think thats more than air nina
|Nov-09-13|| ||Nina Myers: You can't face the truth, can you?|
|Nov-29-13|| ||evlozare: <heMM>- "i am not yet convinced".
<ninaM>- "not so impressive".|
i say a 2875 RP is enough.
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 4 OF 4 ·
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC