| page 1 of 12; games 1-25 of 292
| page 1 of 12; games 1-25 of 292
|Jan-03-14|| ||notyetagm: S Volkov vs B Socko, 2014|
click for larger view
16 ♗d3-g6!! <trapped pieces: h6-queen>
click for larger view
My fav move so far of 2014, Volkov's 16 ♗d3-g6!!, which gives White a slight advantage according to <STOCKFISH DD>:
<<<<0.4 16. Bg6>>> hxg6 17. g5 Qh7 18. h5 Kf8 19. hxg6 Qg8 20. Nxd5 fxg6 21. Nc7 Bb7 22. Qg3 Ke7 23. Nxe8 Qxe8 24. e4 Nc6 25. d5 Nce5 26. f4 Nc4+ 27. Kd1 Kf7 28. Qd3 Ba6 29. Qf3 Nf8 30. a4 Nd6 31. e5 Nf5
-0.24 16. Kd1 Qd6 17. h5 Ba6 18. Qe2 Bxd3 19. Qxd3 Nc6 20. g5 Ne7 21. Bd2 Nf8 22. e4 Ne6 23. e5 Nxf4 24. Bxf4 Qd7 25. Ke2 Rac8 26. Rag1 cxd4 27. cxd4 Qa4 28. Rc1 Rc4 29. Rxc4 dxc4
-0.26 16. Qf1 Qd6 17. h5 Nf8 18. g5 Nc6 19. Kd1 Ne6 20. Nxe6 Bxe6 21. Qg2 Bd7 22. Qh2 Qxh2 23. Rxh2 Na5 24. Rb1 cxd4 25. cxd4 Rac8 26. Bc2 Nc4 27. e4 dxe4 28. fxe4
-0.32 16. g5 Qd6 17. h5 Ba6 18. Qe2 Bxd3 19. Qxd3 Nc6 20. Kc2 cxd4 21. exd4 Nf8 22. g6 fxg6 23. hxg6 Nxg6 24. Nxg6 Qxg6 25. Qxg6 hxg6 26. Bf4 Rac8 27. Rhg1 Kf7
<<<Stockfish DD 64 SSE4.2, 284.76 sec, depth 25>>>>
|Jan-03-14|| ||whiteshark: Tournament page: http://www.rilton.se/#home|
|Jan-03-14|| ||pericles of athens: Nice find <notyetagm> that is a stunner|
|Jan-04-14|| ||waustad: Thanks! I was considering requesting this.|
|Jan-04-14|| ||waustad: It is delightful watching JL Hammer and Nils Grandelius get stronger.|
|Jan-04-14|| ||notyetagm: <pericles of athens: Nice find <notyetagm> that is a stunner>|
Don't thank me, thank Volkov. :-)
|Jan-04-14|| ||waustad: <pericles>Which Athens?|
|Jan-05-14|| ||14DogKnight: Seems Hammer is benefiting from being Carlsen's second.|
|Jan-06-14|| ||notyetagm: Rilton Cup (2013)|
<14DogKnight: Seems Hammer is benefiting from being Carlsen's second.>
Hammer is Robin to Carlsen's Batman. :-)
|Jan-06-14|| ||Skakalec: Can't wait til the 11th. Tata steel, Aussy Open and handball WM!|
|Jan-06-14|| ||notyetagm: <Skakalec: Can't wait til the 11th. Tata steel, Aussy Open and handball WM!>|
Handball WM?? Please explain.
|Jan-06-14|| ||parisattack: Fun tournament, lots of enjoyable games. The non-Elite tournaments seem to bring out many interesting opening ideas.|
|Jan-07-14|| ||mrandersson: @parisattack.I agree with your comment maybe the top elite players feel computer ideas in the openings is more of safe bet. Most top gms must use komodo these days or a top clone.|
|Jan-07-14|| ||parisattack: <mranderson> I had heard that many of the top players have engines running 24 x 7 with their team looking for new moves, busts and such. Do not know as a fact but I would not doubt it.|
I just gave up email chess because of the predominance of obvious computer play. If I want to play an engine I can buy one for $50 or so, don't need another person to run the other side of it.
|Jan-08-14|| ||perfidious: <parisattack>: Not much point in playing email any more, I agree.|
If I ever play chess again, it will be OTB.
|Jan-08-14|| ||mrandersson: Shame but a sad fact really. I think Correspondence Chess players from the 70s/90s must have put really ideas and thoughts in to there play and most of there games even hold up today.|
Im not saying players now dont of course but with the help of a i7 and a top engine must take lots of the work off.
|Jan-08-14|| ||waustad: No more dreads for Grandelius! http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-o1qMcZp9k...|
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC