| page 1 of 12; games 1-25 of 278
|1. E Inarkiev vs M Manik
||1-0||28||2014||Baku Open||E92 King's Indian|
|2. T Babayev vs A Volokitin
||1-0||46||2014||Baku Open||B94 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|3. E Ghaem Maghami vs K Abdulla
|| ||0-1||40||2014||Baku Open||A28 English|
|4. M Asgarov vs N Guliyev
|| ||0-1||52||2014||Baku Open||B51 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack|
|5. V Malakhatko vs V Bayramov
|| ||½-½||65||2014||Baku Open||A22 English|
|6. Efimenko vs O Aharon
|| ||½-½||40||2014||Baku Open||A37 English, Symmetrical|
|7. V Rasulov vs R Aliyev
|| ||1-0||31||2014||Baku Open||B12 Caro-Kann Defense|
|8. Agil Pirverdiyev vs T Baron
|| ||1-0||41||2014||Baku Open||C92 Ruy Lopez, Closed|
|9. Romanishin vs I Shahaliyev
|| ||1-0||35||2014||Baku Open||A04 Reti Opening|
|10. I Andrenko vs A Donchenko
|| ||0-1||63||2014||Baku Open||B18 Caro-Kann, Classical|
|11. Z Mammadov vs N Khalafova
|| ||1-0||56||2014||Baku Open||B22 Sicilian, Alapin|
|12. A R Saleh Salem vs S Lorparizangeneh
|| ||1-0||56||2014||Baku Open||D90 Grunfeld|
|13. A Alakhverdiev vs Wen Yang
|| ||0-1||28||2014||Baku Open||A04 Reti Opening|
|14. K Aghasiyev vs S Zhigalko
|| ||1-0||42||2014||Baku Open||E15 Queen's Indian|
|15. Kuzubov vs L Guliev
|| ||½-½||86||2014||Baku Open||D36 Queen's Gambit Declined, Exchange, Positional line, 6.Qc2|
|16. O N Al Ali vs E Safarli
|| ||½-½||75||2014||Baku Open||D97 Grunfeld, Russian|
|17. V Artemiev vs S Golubov
|| ||1-0||53||2014||Baku Open||D37 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|18. O Abdulov vs I V Kovalenko
|| ||1-0||59||2014||Baku Open||B50 Sicilian|
|19. A Asgarizadeh vs Krasenkow
|| ||½-½||46||2014||Baku Open||B08 Pirc, Classical|
|20. C Lupulescu vs A Kowsarinia
|| ||1-0||21||2014||Baku Open||D30 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|21. A Shimanov vs G Mammadzada
|| ||½-½||60||2014||Baku Open||A30 English, Symmetrical|
|22. E Zanan vs P Smirnov
|| ||½-½||50||2014||Baku Open||E34 Nimzo-Indian, Classical, Noa Variation|
|23. V Iordachescu vs B Nugumanov
|| ||1-0||22||2014||Baku Open||A13 English|
|24. A Gadimbayli vs M Yilmazyerli
|| ||0-1||61||2014||Baku Open||B06 Robatsch|
|25. P Darini vs A Amrayeva
|| ||1-0||44||2014||Baku Open||C13 French|
| page 1 of 12; games 1-25 of 278
TIP: You can make the above ads go away by registering a free account!
|Sep-26-14|| ||Penguincw: Standings after Round 4: http://chess-results.com/tnr144353.....|
Pairings for Round 5: http://chess-results.com/tnr144353....
|Sep-26-14|| ||Troller: Let's see if Vladislav Artemiev continues his rise to the top. He had a minor setback in rd 3, losing against Andrey Baryshpolets, but has otherwise 4 wins against players rated from 2347 to 2598, netting a few rating points. Baryshpolets is currently leading at 4½.|
|Sep-26-14|| ||Pulo y Gata: Back to back losses for Volokitin! This tournament has several surprises in the early goings.|
|Sep-27-14|| ||PhilFeeley: According to chess-results.com, Volokitin's losses weren't back-to-back, but rounds 1 and 5.|
|Sep-27-14|| ||PhilFeeley: #1 Zhigalko isn't doing so well either. Kraskenow, however, is and has done well in other events. Let's root for him.|
|Sep-28-14|| ||Pulo y Gata: Phil, turns out chessgames uploaded the two losses first.|
|Sep-28-14|| ||falso contacto: Its OK. Slight inaccuracy. Who cares.|
|Sep-28-14|| ||virginmind: With 2 rounds to go, Lupulescu makes a good impression, getting 5.5 points. Tomorrow he plays Inarkiev and I hope for a good result.|
|Sep-28-14|| ||paavoh: Yes, <chess-results.com> is THE place to go for more accurate results, pairings, TPRs etc. It is a great resource.|
|Sep-28-14|| ||Layson: <paavoh: Yes, <chess-results.com> is THE place to go for more accurate results, pairings, TPRs etc. It is a great resource.>|
The search interface absolutely blows however. Sometimes it's difficult to find a tournament even if you know of it.
An interface that would differentiate GM tournaments from the Vatican City Junior Championship would be nice.
It's most unfortunate because it's near perfect once you find the tournament you're looking for.
|Sep-29-14|| ||Chess for life: <Layson> My experience exactly!|
|Sep-29-14|| ||paavoh: True, >Layson>, now that I think about it more thoroughly. Should be implemented w/o too much trouble?|
|Sep-30-14|| ||virginmind: Excellent result for Constantin Lupulescu - finishing equal first with 7.5/9 points (with Inarkiev)!|
|Sep-30-14|| ||Penguincw: Final standings (9 rounds):
1) Inarkiev 7
1) Lupulescu 7
3) Berkes 6.5
3) Onischuk 6.5
5) Baryshpolets 6
5) Areshchenko 6
5) Efimenko 6
5) Krasenkow 6
5) Smirnov 6
5) Zhigalko 6
5) Kuzubov 6
5) Kovalenko 6
Congratz to Inarkiev for the win!
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC