| page 1 of 31; games 1-25 of 759
| page 1 of 31; games 1-25 of 759
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 2 OF 2 ·
|Mar-11-16|| ||PhilFeeley: Somebody should be more on the ball. They're only in round 5.|
|Mar-11-16|| ||WannaBe: <PhilFeeley> I really (also) do not understand the PGNs from Iceland.|
According to Reykjavik Open (2016)/Elisabeth Paehtz Ms Paehtz have played Thorgiersson 5 times and all as black.
Would you be kindly enough to volunteer to CG.com and get this tournament in order? We also have the Women Chess Championship and the Men's Candidates to worry about.
Be a nice chap, this would help out CG a lot, and I'll nominate you for Most Helpful Caissar in 2016
|Mar-11-16|| ||PhilFeeley: Volunteer? Every other place seems to have no problem with results. Did Reykjavik send them a file with more than one PGN for some games?|
|Mar-11-16|| ||WannaBe: <PhilFeeley> Click on that link for E. Paehtz in my last post and see.|
I really should get some sleep... Gotta head to work in about 6 hours here.
|Mar-12-16|| ||morfishine: FWIW: I pointed out error over at Chessgames.com forum and BTW, at least before yesterdays game, Ms. Paehtz was doing well with 3.5 pts after 4 rounds tied for second|
|Mar-12-16|| ||Mr. V: Beliavsky never ages, it seems.|
|Mar-13-16|| ||Shams: The hometown players are being gracious hosts this year if the random sample of games i just looked at is any indication:|
H Einarsson vs D Di Berardino, 2016
R Rapport vs H Danielsen, 2016
|Mar-14-16|| ||Robin01: I believe Awonder Liang also has 5 points in this event, but I do not see his name listed on the leader list.|
|Mar-14-16|| ||jamesmaskell: <Robin01> You are correct. Looks like not all the games for this event have been uploaded. Liang's first round win against Frank Modder doesnt appear to be there.|
|Mar-14-16|| ||galdur: Grigoriants - Rapport 1. Nf3 h6 2. e4 g5|
|Mar-15-16|| ||Mr. V: We Andreikin fans wait many moons for a hero to emerge from the shadows.|
|Mar-15-16|| ||Bruce Graham: <Mr. V> Andreikin drew with the delightful Ms. Tania Sachdev who is ranked at about 2370.|
|Mar-15-16|| ||Robin01: Awonder Liang finished with 6.5, which may be enough for a GM norm.|
|Mar-15-16|| ||weary willy: Excellent tournament for India - after 9 rounds, Gupta and Sachdev are playing well above their ratings|
|Mar-15-16|| ||waustad: The last round starts early. They start at 11:00 local time, which is the same as British time. With DST active in North America and not in Europe, figure it out yourself keeping these annoying facts in mind.|
|Mar-15-16|| ||waustad: BTW, with a win tommorow against Alexander Beliavsky Tanya Sachdev gets a GM norm. I haven't worked it out, but a draw would probably do it. Her tpr is so far 2596 (http://chess-results.com/tnr190183....) and a draw with a 2630 might be enough. A win and it's nailed. I'm sure she has done the calculation that wasn't worth my trouble.|
|Mar-16-16|| ||Mr. V: <Bruce Graham> Of course, no surprise, he draws with nearly everybody :) But he is a unique player, so us fans of his must maintain hope.|
|Mar-16-16|| ||perfidious: <Bruce Graham....Even Robert Fischer is playing!>|
Guess they let anyone in--this hasbeenusetawas could more'n likely have entered, too.
|Mar-16-16|| ||sonia91: <waustad> Tania already got a GM norm after 9 rounds: https://twitter.com/TarjeiJS/status... chess-results.com does not adjust the rating floor|
|Mar-17-16|| ||waustad: <sonia> I eventually figured that out. I wish I'd have seen this earlier. Then again, I'll remember that for future reference and with the draw against a 2630 opponent in the last round, it should be a 10 game norm.|
|Mar-17-16|| ||waustad: I don't know of any 8 game norm situations, but 7 game norms in continental team play are fairly common.|
|Mar-19-16|| ||starry2013: Mr. V <Ms. Tania Sachdev who is ranked at about 2370.>|
waustad: <Her tpr is so far 2596>
That's way above her rating. So from being 2370 she's now 2600?
|Mar-19-16|| ||perfidious: <waustad: <Her tpr is so far 2596>>|
TPR= tournament performance rating.
|Mar-19-16|| ||waustad: Tania Sachdev has been busy with getting married and commentating and such. Her peak rating was in the mid 2400s, so a stronger performance shouldn't be that much of a shock.|
|Sep-17-17|| ||Tabanus: Standings list updated for the 70 players with 6 points or more. One wrong game result found, two duplicate games, and a few mysteries such as S D Sigfusson vs D Dvirnyy, 2016. Andreikin has 2 unplayed draws in rds 3 and 4 (and hence only 8 games), Mamedyarov and Movsesian 1 unplayed draw (each) in rd. 3. Gretarsson has an unplayed loss in rd. 8 (versus no. 32 Kristian Stuvik Holm). Jovana Rapport is listed in Chess-Results as Jovana Vojinovic.|
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 2 OF 2 ·
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC