The 2017 European Women's Championship was an 11-round Swiss tournament taking place 11-22 April in the Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija, Riga, Latvia. Players received 90 minutes for 40 moves, followed by 30 minutes to the end of the game, plus a 30-second increment starting from move one. ... [more]
Player: Gunay Mammadzada
| page 1 of 1; 11 games
|Apr-19-17|| ||whiteshark: The 2017 European Women's Championship is a 9-round Swiss tournament taking place in the Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija, Riga, Latvia.|
Top-seed is the reigning Women's World Rapid and Blitz champion Anna Muzychuk.
Players receive 90 minutes for 40 moves, followed by 30 minutes to the end of the game, plus a 30-second increment starting from move one. Official website: http://www.ewcc2017.eu/
Average of opponents' ratings
|Apr-19-17|| ||alexmagnus: 11 rounds, not 9.|
|Apr-19-17|| ||whiteshark: <11 rounds> That's right <alexmagnus>.|
Chess24 (still) has the schedule right but the description wrong. I'm guilty of careless copying & non-disclosure of my source. Thank goth it's not my PhD thesis. ;)
|Apr-19-17|| ||John Abraham: am a big fan of Aleksandra, hope she can win this event!! her performance has been very strong.|
|Apr-19-17|| ||Bruce Graham: Wondering where Gunina is. She won it in 2014.|
|Apr-20-17|| ||whiteshark: Wondering where Anna Ushenina is. She won it in 2016.|
|Apr-20-17|| ||siggemannen: I also wonder about Gunina, she always brings a lot of color and chaos to the tourneys|
|Apr-20-17|| ||althus: <whiteshark> I was reading an interview with her the other day on a Kharkov news site, where she cited the cost of travel + hotel + provisions as the reason for not going, particularly since she'd just gone to the WWCC in Iran.|
She seems to have been treated rather poorly by the Ukrainian federation. Was promised an apartment for winning the world championship a few years back, but it's still caught up in red tape. Still lives with her mum, and two cats.
|Apr-20-17|| ||whiteshark: Thanks for the info 'n link, <althus>. |
The onerous conditions somehow saddens me, though. :(
|Apr-20-17|| ||HeMateMe: maybe the hotel and per diem for meals should be covered by the tournament promoters, for the top 15 seeded players? That's how you get the best to participate.|
|Apr-21-17|| ||siggemannen: Interesting interview, although not too hopeful on Ukrainian chess future.|
|Apr-23-17|| ||sonia91: Congrats to Nana Dzagnidze!
Silver goes to Alexandra Goryachkina (I wonder if she achieved a GM norm) and bronze to Alisa Galliamova, twice world women's vice champion.
|Apr-24-17|| ||HeMateMe: I googled the tournament, 2017, and got this photo:|
that was the blitz ch, won by Anna M. There doesn't seem to be much coverage of the event, nothing on chessbase which always has this event.
|Apr-25-17|| ||PhilFeeley: No Kosteniuk?
Were there any GM norms here (i.e. Paetz)?
|Apr-25-17|| ||Nerwal: <Were there any GM norms here>|
Not official but Goryachkina probably has a 9 games norm. There must be also a full batch of IM norms.
Players were more careful than usual in this tournament. Lots of draws to secure the first 14 spots. M. Muzychuk didn't even try to fight for podium.
|Aug-02-17|| ||Tabanus: http://chess-results.com/tnr269716...., I updated the standings list according to it for the 100 best players (of which 29 are shown here). No missing games on the upper part of the list, as far as I could see, but there were three wrong game results (slips sent).|
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC