|Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid) (2017)|
Played in Biel, Switzerland 23 July 2017, as part of the Biel Chess Festival, the day before the main event Biel (2017) started. Official site: http://beta.bielchessfestival.ch/Ho...
Two Rapid games (10' + 5'' per move. Armageddon (5'/4') if 1-1 after Rapid). (1)
1st round knock-outs
The winners in the A side (Morozevich, Navara) met in the 2nd round, as did the winners in the B side (Pelletier, Harikrishna).
A: Alexander Morozevich 1½ - ½ Anatoly Karpov | David Navara 2 - 1 Yifan Hou (Armageddon game: Navara vs Yifan Hou, 2017)
B: Yannick Pelletier 2 - 0 Rafael Vaganian | Pentala Harikrishna 1½ - ½ Vlastimil Hort
2nd round knock-outs
Navara vs Morozevich, 2017 1-0 in the 1st game, followed by Morozevich vs Navara, 2017 which was drawn; Pelletier vs Harikrishna, 2017 0-1 in the 1st game meant that Harikrishna vs Pelletier, 2017 would require a black win to play a possible Armageddon game, but Harikrishna instead also won the 2nd game. So Harikrishna and Navara met for the finals.
3rd round knock-out final
Navara vs Harikrishna, 2017 1-0, followed by Harikrishna vs Navara, 2017 ½-½ determined Navara the winner.
(1) http://beta.bielchessfestival.ch/To... (not to be confused with http://beta.bielchessfestival.ch/To... which was held earlier that morning).
| page 1 of 1; 15 games
|1. Navara vs Yifan Hou
||1-0||47||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||E53 Nimzo-Indian, 4.e3|
|2. Navara vs Harikrishna
||1-0||37||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||C91 Ruy Lopez, Closed|
|3. Pelletier vs Harikrishna
||0-1||35||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||A49 King's Indian, Fianchetto without c4|
|4. Morozevich vs Navara
|| ||½-½||72||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||E32 Nimzo-Indian, Classical|
|5. Harikrishna vs Pelletier
|| ||1-0||56||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||C07 French, Tarrasch|
|6. Navara vs Morozevich
||1-0||57||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||A56 Benoni Defense|
|7. Navara vs Yifan Hou
||1-0||36||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||A10 English|
|8. Hort vs Harikrishna
|| ||½-½||43||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||A45 Queen's Pawn Game|
|9. Vaganian vs Pelletier
||0-1||49||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||A45 Queen's Pawn Game|
|10. Karpov vs Morozevich
|| ||½-½||36||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||D39 Queen's Gambit Declined, Ragozin, Vienna Variation|
|11. Yifan Hou vs Navara
||1-0||37||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||C65 Ruy Lopez, Berlin Defense|
|12. Harikrishna vs Hort
|| ||1-0||45||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||C10 French|
|13. Pelletier vs Vaganian
|| ||1-0||33||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||E06 Catalan, Closed, 5.Nf3|
|14. Morozevich vs Karpov
||1-0||31||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||C45 Scotch Game|
|15. Harikrishna vs Navara
|| ||½-½||46||2017||Biel (ACCENTUS Rapid)||B90 Sicilian, Najdorf|
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC