| page 1 of 27; games 1-25 of 674
|1. Grischuk vs A Merry
|| ||1-0||40||2018||Isle of Man Masters||C10 French|
|2. J P Wallace vs H Melkumyan
|| ||0-1||37||2018||Isle of Man Masters||B32 Sicilian|
|3. J Xiong vs E Karavade
||1-0||21||2018||Isle of Man Masters||B12 Caro-Kann Defense|
|4. J Jackson vs Short
|| ||0-1||29||2018||Isle of Man Masters||C60 Ruy Lopez|
|5. M Lubbe vs G Meier
||0-1||23||2018||Isle of Man Masters||C15 French, Winawer|
|6. Shirov vs T S Ravi
|| ||½-½||41||2018||Isle of Man Masters||D12 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav|
|7. A Mortazavi vs S Sevian
|| ||0-1||26||2018||Isle of Man Masters||C53 Giuoco Piano|
|8. Sutovsky vs J Rapport
|| ||½-½||31||2018||Isle of Man Masters||C10 French|
|9. K Arakhamia-Grant vs M Parligras
|| ||½-½||70||2018||Isle of Man Masters||B90 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|10. Ganguly vs J M Bellon Lopez
|| ||½-½||53||2018||Isle of Man Masters||B45 Sicilian, Taimanov|
|11. L Wu vs A Tari
||0-1||26||2018||Isle of Man Masters||A04 Reti Opening|
|12. A Donchenko vs M Gavilan Diaz
|| ||1-0||87||2018||Isle of Man Masters||A04 Reti Opening|
|13. M Dubinski vs R Jumabayev
|| ||0-1||47||2018||Isle of Man Masters||D02 Queen's Pawn Game|
|14. D G Fridman vs R Bellin
|| ||1-0||27||2018||Isle of Man Masters||A81 Dutch|
|15. B Barth Sahl vs S Vaibhav
|| ||0-1||47||2018||Isle of Man Masters||A13 English|
|16. R Svane vs D Kolbus
|| ||1-0||56||2018||Isle of Man Masters||D10 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav|
|17. R Vaishali vs B D Deac
|| ||½-½||35||2018||Isle of Man Masters||B31 Sicilian, Rossolimo Variation|
|18. V Kovalev vs S Guramishvili
|| ||1-0||29||2018||Isle of Man Masters||B91 Sicilian, Najdorf, Zagreb (Fianchetto) Variation|
|19. T Hoefelsauer vs B Adhiban
||0-1||30||2018||Isle of Man Masters||A40 Queen's Pawn Game|
|20. P Ladron de Guevara Pinto vs Nakamura
||½-½||35||2018||Isle of Man Masters||B32 Sicilian|
|21. Karjakin vs S Swaminathan
|| ||1-0||36||2018||Isle of Man Masters||B31 Sicilian, Rossolimo Variation|
|22. B Munguntuul vs R Wojtaszek
|| ||½-½||56||2018||Isle of Man Masters||B92 Sicilian, Najdorf, Opocensky Variation|
|23. R Rapport vs Harshit Raja
|| ||½-½||47||2018||Isle of Man Masters||B58 Sicilian|
|24. S Fenil vs Wang Hao
|| ||0-1||41||2018||Isle of Man Masters||B13 Caro-Kann, Exchange|
|25. K Arjun vs Le Quang Liem
|| ||½-½||66||2018||Isle of Man Masters||B33 Sicilian|
| page 1 of 27; games 1-25 of 674
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 4 OF 4 ·
|Oct-28-18|| ||PhilFeeley: Yes, stronger opponents, beating Rapport and drawing Kramnik, Nakamura and MVL.|
|Oct-28-18|| ||virginmind: Deac drew with black against Aronian.|
|Oct-28-18|| ||Dionysius1: Fair enough. I'm rooting for Gawain Jones. No losses and beat Aronian. Playing above his grading. And I like the Welsh.|
|Oct-28-18|| ||Marmot PFL: Xiong is a pawn ahead but I don't see an easy win if Jones keeps the queens on.|
|Oct-28-18|| ||PhilFeeley: I agree Jones deserves a good finish. I guess not everyone can get it.|
Draw on board 1. I guess we're headed for a playoff.
|Oct-28-18|| ||Dionysius1: Ah well. A draw it was in the end. Not a very satisfying result for Jones or Xiong I expect.|
|Oct-28-18|| ||PhilFeeley: What's with the spate of non-castling? Is this a new secret strategy?|
|Oct-28-18|| ||MissScarlett: I blame the malinfluence of the overrated Pillsbury.|
<Hazz>, if you're reading this....I'm joking, I'm joking.....jeez...lol
|Oct-28-18|| ||PhilFeeley: No rapids in the playoff, just blitz. Looking forward to it.|
|Oct-28-18|| ||Boomie: <PhilFeeley: No rapids in the playoff, just blitz. Looking forward to it.>|
Could be a while. Naka's game might go over 100 moves.
|Oct-28-18|| ||Boomie: Eljanov resigned. Now Kosteniuk is mopping up against a guy who apparently won't resign. The playoff whould start within the hour.|
|Oct-28-18|| ||Boomie: And they're off...It's a King's Gambit, Fianchetto line.|
|Oct-28-18|| ||sonia91: <a guy who apparently won't resign> I would have played on too in a B vs R ending|
|Oct-28-18|| ||Boomie: Rado draws first blood. The 2nd game is a Sicilian.|
|Oct-28-18|| ||Boomie: Arkady unleashed a piece sac and is dominating.|
|Oct-28-18|| ||Boomie: Time for Armor Get It On. Rado has white.|
|Oct-28-18|| ||siamesedream: Congratulations to <GM Rados³aw Wojtaszek> and his wife <IM Alina Kashlinskaya> for winning Isle of Man 2018!|
|Oct-28-18|| ||PhilFeeley: Arkady played a risky King's Indian when all he needed was a draw. It backfired. Congratulations to Radoslaw and his wife Alina for making it a perfect family affair.|
|Oct-28-18|| ||sonia91: Many congratulations to the couple!
Alina also achieved a GM norm, as her performance is 2705: http://chess-results.com/tnr385685....
|Oct-28-18|| ||sonia91: Speaking of GM norms, poor Semyon Lomasov (second highest-finishing non-GM, behind Kashlinskaya) narrowly missed it at a 2599 performance: http://chess-results.com/tnr385685....|
|Oct-28-18|| ||morfishine: Great showing by GJones|
|Oct-28-18|| ||JimNorCal: Also, great showing by young Jeffery Xiong.|
|Oct-29-18|| ||PhilFeeley: The look on Kosteniuk's face! It says, "Bozo should have resigned 50 moves ago."|
|Oct-29-18|| ||0ZeR0: Well done, Wojtaszek and Kashlinskaya. Sto lat!|
|Oct-30-18|| ||malt: Well done Wojtaszek,
I was mainly watching the Grischuk v M Vachier-Lagrave game in the final round.
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 4 OF 4 ·
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC