|St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid) (2018)|
The Saint Louis Rapid and Blitz is the third stage of the 2018 Grand Chess Tour. The 10-player tournament takes place in the Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis from 11-15 August and sees tour regulars Aronian, Caruana, Nakamura, Anand, Karjakin, MVL, So, Mamedyarov, Grischuk and wild card Dominguez. The prize fund is $150,000, with $37,500 for 1st place.
The rapid section is a single round-robin with 3 rounds each day on the first 3 days at a time control of 25 minutes for all moves and a 10-second delay from move 1. The final 2 days are a blitz double round-robin, with 18 rounds of 5 minutes + 3-second delay blitz. Rapid games count double, with 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw. A tie for first place will be decided in a 2-game Rapid mini-match (10min + 5sec delay), only between the top two, and if necessary an Armageddon game (5 vs. 4). The playoff takes place shortly after the last round. (1)
Blitz section: St. Louis Blitz (2018)
Official site: https://grandchesstour.org/2018-gra...
(1) Chess24: St. Louis Rapid & Blitz GCT https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-t...
| page 1 of 2; games 1-25 of 45
|1. W So vs Mamedyarov
|| ||0-1||30||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||C46 Three Knights|
|2. L Dominguez vs Aronian
|| ||½-½||23||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||E06 Catalan, Closed, 5.Nf3|
|3. Grischuk vs Nakamura
|| ||½-½||20||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||D37 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|4. Anand vs Karjakin
|| ||½-½||29||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||C65 Ruy Lopez, Berlin Defense|
|5. W So vs M Vachier-Lagrave
|| ||½-½||34||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||A04 Reti Opening|
|6. Caruana vs Mamedyarov
|| ||1-0||56||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||C80 Ruy Lopez, Open|
|7. Nakamura vs W So
|| ||1-0||59||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||C45 Scotch Game|
|8. Karjakin vs L Dominguez
|| ||1-0||28||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||D35 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|9. M Vachier-Lagrave vs Anand
|| ||1-0||57||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||C67 Ruy Lopez|
|10. Karjakin vs Aronian
|| ||½-½||51||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||A04 Reti Opening|
|11. Anand vs Nakamura
||1-0||35||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||C65 Ruy Lopez, Berlin Defense|
|12. L Dominguez vs M Vachier-Lagrave
|| ||½-½||36||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||A04 Reti Opening|
|13. Grischuk vs Caruana
|| ||0-1||31||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||A06 Reti Opening|
|14. Aronian vs Caruana
||0-1||35||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||B13 Caro-Kann, Exchange|
|15. Mamedyarov vs Grischuk
|| ||½-½||52||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||E60 King's Indian Defense|
|16. W So vs L Dominguez
|| ||0-1||50||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||E06 Catalan, Closed, 5.Nf3|
|17. Karjakin vs Caruana
|| ||½-½||48||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||D37 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|18. M Vachier-Lagrave vs Mamedyarov
|| ||0-1||35||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||C55 Two Knights Defense|
|19. Aronian vs Nakamura
|| ||0-1||48||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||B90 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|20. L Dominguez vs Grischuk
|| ||½-½||47||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||B90 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|21. Anand vs W So
|| ||0-1||45||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||C50 Giuoco Piano|
|22. Mamedyarov vs Nakamura
|| ||½-½||30||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||A06 Reti Opening|
|23. Anand vs Aronian
|| ||0-1||39||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||C67 Ruy Lopez|
|24. Grischuk vs Karjakin
|| ||½-½||33||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||D39 Queen's Gambit Declined, Ragozin, Vienna Variation|
|25. Nakamura vs Caruana
|| ||½-½||35||2018||St. Louis Rapid & Blitz (Rapid)||D78 Neo-Grunfeld, 6.O-O c6|
| page 1 of 2; games 1-25 of 45
There is no kibitzing for this page, yet.
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC