|9th HDBank Masters (2019)|
The 9th HDBank Masters was a 9-round Swiss, open for players rated above 2000. It was played in Rex Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 7-13 March 2019. Time control: 90 minutes for the whole game, with a 30-second increment per move starting from move one. (1, 2) Chief arbiter: Pham Huong Giang. (2) Prize fund: $60,000, with $16,000 to the winner. (3)
Wang Hao won with 7.5/9. There was also a Challengers section for players rated below 2100, won by Nelson Villanueva.
Official site: http://chess.hdbank.com.vn/index.ph.... ChessBase: https://en.chessbase.com/post/wang-.... Chess.com: https://www.chess.com/news/view/wan...
(1) https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-t... (2) http://chess-results.com/tnr405049.... (3) Ofiicial website.
| page 1 of 25; games 1-25 of 623
|1. O Dimakiling vs V Aaryan
|| ||½-½||11||2019||9th HDBank Masters||D37 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|2. N Navalgund vs Ravi Rakshitta
|| ||1-0||55||2019||9th HDBank Masters||A04 Reti Opening|
|3. Datar Soham vs I K Sukandar
|| ||0-1||30||2019||9th HDBank Masters||A06 Reti Opening|
|4. Pham Chuong vs Lin Ma
|| ||1-0||62||2019||9th HDBank Masters||D22 Queen's Gambit Accepted|
|5. S Dharia Parnali vs Hoang Son Dang
|| ||0-1||34||2019||9th HDBank Masters||E67 King's Indian, Fianchetto|
|6. S Cao vs David Tran
|| ||1-0||30||2019||9th HDBank Masters||C77 Ruy Lopez|
|7. Minh Nhat Dao vs S Sammed Jaykumar
|| ||0-1||36||2019||9th HDBank Masters||A45 Queen's Pawn Game|
|8. Aditya S Samant vs Sehyun Kwon
|| ||½-½||64||2019||9th HDBank Masters||C42 Petrov Defense|
|9. M Vasilyev vs R Nava
|| ||0-1||33||2019||9th HDBank Masters||B27 Sicilian|
|10. C H Hoang vs X H Looi
|| ||1-0||48||2019||9th HDBank Masters||A07 King's Indian Attack|
|11. Quoc Hy Nguyen vs Chen Zou
|| ||½-½||34||2019||9th HDBank Masters||E75 King's Indian, Averbakh, Main line|
|12. S P Rahul vs B McLaren
|| ||1-0||20||2019||9th HDBank Masters||A09 Reti Opening|
|13. Xiao Zhang vs S Nitin
|| ||0-1||33||2019||9th HDBank Masters||E64 King's Indian, Fianchetto, Yugoslav System|
|14. Quang Long Le vs Zirun Zhou
|| ||1-0||36||2019||9th HDBank Masters||A13 English|
|15. A Gandhi vs Hoang Thong Tu
|| ||0-1||57||2019||9th HDBank Masters||B61 Sicilian, Richter-Rauzer, Larsen Variation, 7.Qd2|
|16. Rithvik R Raja vs D T Singgih
|| ||½-½||34||2019||9th HDBank Masters||E04 Catalan, Open, 5.Nf3|
|17. Ngoc Thuy Duong Bach vs J S Azarya
|| ||0-1||39||2019||9th HDBank Masters||E95 King's Indian, Orthodox, 7...Nbd7, 8.Re1|
|18. Dang Hong Phuc Nguyen vs Ranindu Dilshan Liyanage
|| ||1-0||25||2019||9th HDBank Masters||E10 Queen's Pawn Game|
|19. Z Lim vs R Vasquez Schroeder
|| ||½-½||19||2019||9th HDBank Masters||A37 English, Symmetrical|
|20. A Mithil vs S Nair
|| ||1-0||39||2019||9th HDBank Masters||E62 King's Indian, Fianchetto|
|21. Dey Shahil vs Renjie Huang
|| ||0-1||44||2019||9th HDBank Masters||B78 Sicilian, Dragon, Yugoslav Attack, 10.castle long|
|22. Minh Thang Tran vs Gerald Ferriol
|| ||1-0||33||2019||9th HDBank Masters||A04 Reti Opening|
|23. Le Dan Thuy Tran vs Thi Kim Phung Vo
|| ||0-1||46||2019||9th HDBank Masters||C02 French, Advance|
|24. K Saravana vs Daniel Hermawan Lumban Tobing
|| ||1-0||36||2019||9th HDBank Masters||B50 Sicilian|
|25. Jinsoo Kim vs K S Raghunandan
|| ||0-1||37||2019||9th HDBank Masters||B94 Sicilian, Najdorf|
| page 1 of 25; games 1-25 of 623
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC