|Capablanca Memorial (Elite) (2013)|
The 48th Capablanca Memorial was 6-player double round robin played from 21 April to 1 May 2013 in Hotel Habana Riviera, Havana, Cuba. Games started at 3 pm. Rest day: April 26. Time controls: 90 minutes for the first 40 moves, then 30 more minutes to finish the game, having 30 seconds added per move from the start. The Hungarian Zoltan Almasi won with 6.5/10, and returned to the expanding list of players rated over 2700 by gaining 15 Elo points. Quesada surprised with a second place on tiebreak ahead of Dominguez, and could have won the event if not for losing to Inarkiev in Round 8. The winner earned 1,800 Cuban pesos (about 2250 USD).
Category: XVIII (2690). Chief arbiter: Serafin Chuit Perez (according to official site)
Age Elo 01 02 03 04 05 06 Pesos
1 Almasi 37 2689 ** ½0 ½½ ½½ 11 11 6½ 1,800
2 Quesada 28 2608 ½1 ** ½½ 1½ ½0 ½1 6 1,050
3 Dominguez 29 2723 ½½ ½½ ** ½1 ½½ ½1 6 1,050
4 Andreikin 23 2727 ½½ 0½ ½0 ** ½1 ½½ 4½ 600
5 Inarkiev 27 2688 00 ½1 ½½ ½0 ** ½½ 4 400
6 Harikrishna 26 2705 00 ½0 ½0 ½½ ½½ ** 3 300
The Premier group was won by Oleiny Linares Napoles of Cuba ahead of IM Carlos Davila of Nicaragua, both with 7/9. Linares took her 2nd IM norm. The Open I swiss tournament was won by IM Juan Carlos Obregon Rivero with 8/10 and GM norm.
Official website (https://web.archive.org/web/2013050...)
TWIC, 2 May 2013 (https://theweekinchess.com/chessnew...)
ChessBase, 3 May 2013 (https://en.chessbase.com/post/almas...)
The Chess Drum, 9 June 2013 (https://www.thechessdrum.net/blog/2...)
Previous: Capablanca Memorial (Elite) (2012). Next: Capablanca Memorial (Elite) (2014)
Original collection: Game Collection: Capablanca Memorial (Elite) 2013 by User: Tabanus. Round dates are from TWIC and Chess-Results.
| page 1 of 2; games 1-25 of 30
|1. E Inarkiev vs D Andreikin
|| ||½-½||44||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||B45 Sicilian, Taimanov|
|2. Z Almasi vs L Dominguez
|| ||½-½||37||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||A37 English, Symmetrical|
|3. Y Quesada Perez vs Harikrishna
|| ||½-½||35||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||B90 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|4. Y Quesada Perez vs Z Almasi
|| ||½-½||77||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||C92 Ruy Lopez, Closed|
|5. Harikrishna vs D Andreikin
|| ||½-½||22||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||B45 Sicilian, Taimanov|
|6. L Dominguez vs E Inarkiev
|| ||½-½||74||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||C78 Ruy Lopez|
|7. D Andreikin vs L Dominguez
|| ||½-½||49||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||B53 Sicilian|
|8. Z Almasi vs Harikrishna
|| ||1-0||37||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||B94 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|9. E Inarkiev vs Y Quesada Perez
|| ||½-½||48||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||C67 Ruy Lopez|
|10. Z Almasi vs E Inarkiev
|| ||1-0||36||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||B48 Sicilian, Taimanov Variation|
|11. Y Quesada Perez vs D Andreikin
|| ||1-0||122||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||B12 Caro-Kann Defense|
|12. Harikrishna vs L Dominguez
|| ||½-½||42||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||A04 Reti Opening|
|13. L Dominguez vs Y Quesada Perez
|| ||½-½||16||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||C67 Ruy Lopez|
|14. D Andreikin vs Z Almasi
|| ||½-½||58||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||A45 Queen's Pawn Game|
|15. E Inarkiev vs Harikrishna
|| ||½-½||70||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||D26 Queen's Gambit Accepted|
|16. Harikrishna vs Y Quesada Perez
|| ||0-1||59||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||A00 Uncommon Opening|
|17. D Andreikin vs E Inarkiev
|| ||1-0||41||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||B51 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack|
|18. L Dominguez vs Z Almasi
|| ||½-½||54||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||C84 Ruy Lopez, Closed|
|19. D Andreikin vs Harikrishna
|| ||½-½||19||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||E15 Queen's Indian|
|20. Z Almasi vs Y Quesada Perez
|| ||0-1||66||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||E54 Nimzo-Indian, 4.e3, Gligoric System|
|21. E Inarkiev vs L Dominguez
|| ||½-½||81||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||B90 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|22. L Dominguez vs D Andreikin
|| ||1-0||36||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||C11 French|
|23. Harikrishna vs Z Almasi
|| ||0-1||53||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||C65 Ruy Lopez, Berlin Defense|
|24. Y Quesada Perez vs E Inarkiev
|| ||0-1||63||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||B11 Caro-Kann, Two Knights, 3...Bg4|
|25. E Inarkiev vs Z Almasi
|| ||0-1||41||2013||Capablanca Memorial (Elite)||C48 Four Knights|
| page 1 of 2; games 1-25 of 30
There is no kibitzing for this page, yet.
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC