|Feb-23-04|| ||Benjamin Lau: Hehe, nice final position. |
|Feb-24-04|| ||TrueFiendish: The white king would be justified in having his subjects shot... |
|Mar-28-04|| ||iron maiden: The Sign of the Cross... |
|Jul-31-05|| ||farrooj: really neat final position|
|Dec-09-07|| ||neurome: thanks for the holy spirit =)|
|Dec-09-07|| ||Sibahi: Damn, I was looking for Garlic related material.|
|Dec-09-07|| ||Willem Wallekers: I was browsing through the Krankenstein Dracula variation declined.|
|Dec-09-07|| ||Willem Wallekers: eh ... Frankenstein|
|Dec-09-07|| ||whiteshark: <Willem Wallekers> ... but unfortunately E32 ≠ C27 :(|
|Dec-09-07|| ||kellmano: <cg.com The final position resembles a cross>|
|Dec-09-07|| ||chessmoron: <kellmano> |
click for larger view
click for larger view
|Dec-09-07|| ||cu8sfan: <neurome: thanks for the holy spirit =)> How on earth did you find this game so fast? Did you remember it? Congratulations!|
|Dec-09-07|| ||evenua: <Benjamin Lau: Hehe, nice final position.> Yeah, nice final position. And congrats to the winner!
Well, at first, I thought the clue would mean the game contains a lot of checks, because + (check) looks like a cross. So I tried everything out there.|
1. I got to know that there was a game in which 141(!!) checks were delivered. However, this game was not in the CG's database. I tried others too, such as a game with the longest series of checks (74), longest *mutual* series of checks (6), etc, only to find that these are not on CG.
2. Then, I came to think that a *bishop* might have something to do with warding off vampires. For example, I tried to find an endgame with 4 bishops, etc. Well, that was not an easy job.
3. I also thought of players who were (or are) priest. I was aware that Ruy Lopez the famous was a priest, so tried to find his own games, only to fail again. Here my patience came to an end, and I gave up searching.
Anyway, very nice work by <neurome> and congratulations. Keep up the good work!
Spot an error? Please
submit a correction slip
and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, totally anonymous,
and 100% free--plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, or profane language.
- No spamming, advertising, or duplicating posts.
- No personal attacks against other members.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No posting personal information of members.
See something that violates our rules? Blow the whistle and inform an administrator.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific game and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, you might try the Kibitzer's Café.
posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors.|
This game is type: CLASSICAL (Disagree? Please submit a correction slip.)
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2017, Chessgames Services LLC