Number of games in database: 130
Years covered: 1987 to 2005
Last FIDE rating: 2488
Highest rating achieved in database: 2580
+35 -31 =63 (51.6 %)*
* Overall winning percentage = (wins+draws/2) / total games in the database.
1 exhibition game, blitz/rapid, odds game, etc. is excluded from this statistic.
NOTABLE GAMES: [ what is this?] L Schandorff vs W Zili, 1995 0-1
Search Sacrifice Explorer for Wang Zili
Search Google for Wang Zili
FIDE player card for Wang Zili
WANG ZILI (born Jun-14-1968, 49 years old) China
[ what is this?]
GM Zili Wang was born in Anhui. He was twice national champion, in 1988 and 1999, and has represented China several times in Asian and world team competitions. Wikipedia article: Wang Zili
page 1 of 6; games 1-25 of 130
Moves Year Event/Locale Opening
1. Xu Jun vs W Zili ½-½ 56 1987 CHN ch A15 English
2. W Zili vs J Ye ½-½ 40 1987 Chinese cht B80 Sicilian, Scheveningen
3. J Ye vs W Zili ½-½ 25 1987 Chinese ch B88 Sicilian, Fischer-Sozin Attack
4. Xu Jun vs W Zili 1-0 47 1987 CHN chT A77 Benoni, Classical, 9...Re8, 10.Nd2
5. W Zili vs Xu Jun 1-0 55 1988 CHN B83 Sicilian
6. Kudrin vs W Zili 1-0 44 1988 Chess Olympiad B56 Sicilian
7. W Zili vs Velimirovic 1-0 34 1988 Chess Olympiad B77 Sicilian, Dragon, Yugoslav Attack
8. Blatny vs W Zili 1-0 22 1988 Chess Olympiad B22 Sicilian, Alapin
9. W Zili vs D Gurevich ½-½ 55 1988 GMA Qualification Tournament B63 Sicilian, Richter-Rauzer Attack
10. Romanishin vs W Zili 1-0 30 1988 Belgrade GMA-op A04 Reti Opening
11. W Zili vs L Shamkovich 1-0 51 1988 Belgrade (Yugoslavia) B05 Alekhine's Defense, Modern
12. W Zili vs Tringov 1-0 58 1988 Belgrade GMA op B84 Sicilian, Scheveningen
13. W Zili vs S A Butt 1-0 31 1989 Asian Team Championship, Genting Highlands (Mal B83 Sicilian
14. W Zili vs D Gurevich 1-0 44 1989 Luzern 48/200 (Wang,Zili) B09 Pirc, Austrian Attack
15. Tolnai vs W Zili 1-0 53 1989 World Team-ch 2nd B58 Sicilian
16. W Zili vs R Vera 1-0 31 1989 World Team-ch 2nd B84 Sicilian, Scheveningen
17. M Boudiba vs W Zili ½-½ 54 1989 World Team-ch 2nd A72 Benoni, Classical without 9.O-O
18. W Zili vs P Popovic 0-1 50 1989 World Team-ch 2nd B67 Sicilian, Richter-Rauzer Attack, 7...a6 Defense, 8...Bd7
19. W Zili vs Hug ½-½ 28 1989 World Team-ch 2nd C18 French, Winawer
20. M Gurevich vs W Zili 1-0 41 1989 World Team-ch 2nd A56 Benoni Defense
21. W Zili vs R Kuijf 1-0 59 1989 World Team-ch 2nd C18 French, Winawer
22. Chandler vs W Zili 1-0 65 1989 World Team-ch 2nd B56 Sicilian
23. W Zili vs J Ye ½-½ 19 1990 Shah Alam Asia zt B83 Sicilian
24. W Zili vs Ta Lin 0-1 55 1990 Zone 11 Ch C03 French, Tarrasch
25. W Zili vs S Silva Lillo 1-0 58 1990 Novi Sad ol (Men) B35 Sicilian, Accelerated Fianchetto, Modern Variation with Bc4
page 1 of 6; games 1-25 of 130
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, totally anonymous,
and 100% free--plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
No obscene, racist, sexist, or profane language.
No spamming, advertising, or duplicating posts.
No personal attacks against other members.
Nothing in violation of United States law.
No posting personal information of members.
See something that violates our rules?
Blow the whistle and inform an administrator.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific player and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, you might try the Kibitzer's Café.
posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors.
Spot an error? Please
suggest your correction
and help us eliminate database mistakes!
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2017, Chessgames Services LLC