Number of games in database: 1,162
Years covered: 1984 to 2016
Last FIDE rating: 2535 (2530 rapid, 2520 blitz)
Highest rating achieved in database: 2597
+436 -168 =530 (61.8 %)*
* Overall winning percentage = (wins+draws/2) / total games in the database.
28 exhibition games, blitz/rapid, odds games, etc. are excluded from this statistic.
NOTABLE GAMES: [ what is this?] M Brodsky vs J Maiwald, 1994 1-0
E Moskalyuk vs M Brodsky, 1998 0-1
M Brodsky vs Tiviakov, 1991 1-0
M Brodsky vs Savon, 1991 1/2-1/2
G Chepukaitis vs M Brodsky, 1996 1/2-1/2
NOTABLE TOURNAMENTS: [ what is this?] European Club Cup (2016)
13th Unive Tournament (Open) (2009)
Ukrainian Championship (2005)
27th Cappelle-la-Grande (2011)
Arctic Chess Challenge (2007)
28th Cappelle-la-Grande (2012)
Cappelle la Grande (2007)
Cappelle La Grande (2003)
Chigorin Memorial (2012)
Cappelle la Grande (2006)
Russian Team Championship (2012)
Cappelle la Grande (2009)
GAME COLLECTIONS: [ what is this?] 2001 Corus (reserves - open) by gauer
RECENT GAMES: 🏆
European Club Cup M Brodsky vs R Jacques (Nov-12-16) 1-0 E Najer vs M Brodsky (Nov-11-16) 0-1 M Brodsky vs B Murtazin (Nov-10-16) 1-0 T Nedev vs M Brodsky (Nov-09-16) 0-1 Sasikiran vs M Brodsky (Nov-08-16) 1/2-1/2
Search Sacrifice Explorer for Michail Brodsky
Search Google for Michail Brodsky
FIDE player card for Michail Brodsky
MICHAIL BRODSKY (born Mar-27-1969, 49 years old) Ukraine
[ what is this?]
Michail Leonidovich Brodsky is a Grandmaster and a FIDE Senior Trainer. He was champion of (the) Ukraine in 1990.
page 1 of 47; games 1-25 of 1,162
Moves Year Event/Locale Opening
1. M Brodsky vs M V Golubev ½-½ 48 1984 Aleksandriya Ch-UKR jr B52 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack
2. V K Neverov vs M Brodsky 1-0 44 1985 UKR-ch E16 Queen's Indian
3. N Legky vs M Brodsky 1-0 51 1985 UKR-ch A70 Benoni, Classical with 7.Nf3
4. M Brodsky vs I Vainerman 0-1 31 1985 UKR-ch C05 French, Tarrasch
5. Serper vs M Brodsky 1-0 33 1986 USSR B63 Sicilian, Richter-Rauzer Attack
6. M Brodsky vs Khenkin 0-1 33 1987 Riga U20 B13 Caro-Kann, Exchange
7. M Brodsky vs Serper 0-1 41 1987 Riga U20 B33 Sicilian
8. Dreev vs M Brodsky ½-½ 17 1987 Riga U20 E12 Queen's Indian
9. M Brodsky vs Khmelnitsky ½-½ 21 1988 Kharkov (Ukraine) B03 Alekhine's Defense
10. M Brodsky vs A Nosenko 0-1 33 1988 UKR-ch C05 French, Tarrasch
11. M Brodsky vs L B Shmuter 0-1 28 1988 UKR-ch B89 Sicilian
12. M Brodsky vs A Kobelev 1-0 34 1988 URS-chT C41 Philidor Defense
13. M Brodsky vs D Brianski 1-0 29 1988 UKR-ch B03 Alekhine's Defense
14. B V Alterman vs M Brodsky ½-½ 17 1988 UKR-ch E11 Bogo-Indian Defense
15. M Brodsky vs A Khasin ½-½ 23 1988 URS-chT B57 Sicilian
16. M Brodsky vs A Kaspi 0-1 49 1988 UKR-ch B93 Sicilian, Najdorf, 6.f4
17. Y Kruppa vs M Brodsky ½-½ 15 1988 UKR-ch E19 Queen's Indian, Old Main line, 9.Qxc3
18. M Brodsky vs V Zvonitsky 1-0 34 1988 UKR-ch D85 Grunfeld
19. V M Golod vs M Brodsky ½-½ 19 1988 UKR-ch A31 English, Symmetrical, Benoni Formation
20. M Brodsky vs I Drozdov 1-0 18 1988 UKR-ch B32 Sicilian
21. M Brodsky vs V Pesotskyi 1-0 31 1988 UKR-ch B04 Alekhine's Defense, Modern
22. M Brodsky vs A V Frolov 1-0 33 1988 UKR-ch C88 Ruy Lopez
23. Khmelnitsky vs M Brodsky 0-1 30 1988 Ch Ukraine B01 Scandinavian
24. V Sergeev vs M Brodsky 0-1 53 1988 UKR-ch A46 Queen's Pawn Game
25. D Berkovich vs M Brodsky ½-½ 21 1988 UKR-ch E32 Nimzo-Indian, Classical
page 1 of 47; games 1-25 of 1,162
Apr-17-06 : BIDMONFA Michail Brodsky
Apr-17-06 : Never heard of this guy. But he scores pretty good! Knight13
Player of the Day, April 17th, 2006.
Mar-23-07 : The following 1991 loss by Brodsky to a 15- or 16-year-old Vladimir Kramnik is cited in the first chapter of Aagaard's "Easy Guide to the Sveshnikov Sicilian" as "in my (Aagaard's) view the most fantastic game ever played in the Sveshnikov ...": Peligroso Patzer
M Brodsky vs Kramnik, 1991
The following game featured in today's puzzle (after 34. ... Bf6) concludes with a nice combination by this under-appreciated player:
M Brodsky vs J Maiwald, 1994
May-07-08 : Brodsky has got to have the all-time best Chessgames biography. Petrosianic
Aug-03-08 : wolfmaster <Petrosianic> <Brodsky has got to have the all-time best Chessgames biography.> Was that sarcasm?
Jan-13-09 : sleepyirv <wolfmaster> Are you kidding? I wish that was my biography!
Mar-27-10 : Reduced 2 teh maxx. whiteshark
Mar-27-10 : simple but great title.
happy bday gm brodsky!
Jul-26-10 : GM Michail Brodsky, Ukraine, born 27 March 1969. Now rated 2540, Tabanus http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?...
IM in 1993, GM in 1994. Rated 2540 in 1992, 2597 in 2007.
http://www.arcticchess.org/2007/eng... he has worked as a trainer for Kateryna Lahno, Alexander Areshchenko, Zahar Efimenko and Pavel Eljanov.
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michai... (in Dutch)
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michai... (in Polish)
Champion of Ukraine in 1990. Placed 1st (shared) in Cappelle la Grande 2005, etc.,
3rd in Najdorf Memorial (Poland) 17-25 July 2010:
Mar-27-11 : happy birthday Michail! i agree with petrosianic's post. talisman
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, totally anonymous,
and 100% free--plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
No obscene, racist, sexist, or profane language.
No spamming, advertising, or duplicating posts.
No personal attacks against other members.
Nothing in violation of United States law.
No posting personal information of members.
See something that violates our rules?
Blow the whistle and inform an administrator.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific player and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, you might try the Kibitzer's Café.
posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors.
Spot an error? Please
suggest your correction
and help us eliminate database mistakes!
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC