Number of games in database: 460
Years covered: 1990 to 2017
Last FIDE rating: 2536 (2511 rapid, 2464 blitz)
Highest rating achieved in database: 2592
+155 -86 =209 (57.7 %)*
* Overall winning percentage = (wins+draws/2) / total games in the database.
10 exhibition games, blitz/rapid, odds games, etc. are excluded from this statistic.
NOTABLE GAMES: [ what is this?] V Yemelin vs Jobava, 2003 1-0
V Yemelin vs E Goric, 2001 1-0
V Yemelin vs M Keskel, 2001 1-0
V Yemelin vs Akopian, 2008 1-0
V Yemelin vs Y Shulman, 1994 1-0
S V Ivanov vs V Yemelin, 1998 1/2-1/2
Y Shulman vs V Yemelin, 1991 0-1
V Yemelin vs C Brookes, 2014 1-0
V Yemelin vs Kharlov, 1996 1-0
D Feofanov vs V Yemelin, 2004 0-1
NOTABLE TOURNAMENTS: [ what is this?] 77th St. Petersburg Championship (2004)
Russian Championship (2002)
59th Russian Championship (2006)
Riga Technical University Open (2014)
Moscow Open (2007)
European Clubs Cup (Men) (2003)
XXIV European Club Cup (2008)
European Club Cup (2009)
Russian Team Championship (2008)
10th European Individual Championship (2009)
Russian Chess Championship Higher League (2011)
62nd Russian Championship Higher League (2009)
European Individual Championship (2010)
Russian Team Championship (2013)
European Club Cup (2010)
RECENT GAMES: 🏆
TCh-CZE Extraliga -18 T Polak vs V Yemelin (Nov-19-17) 1/2-1/2 V Yemelin vs R Vogel (Nov-18-17) 1/2-1/2 Novik vs V Yemelin (Oct-21-17) 1/2-1/2 V Yemelin vs Aleksei Fedorov (Feb-26-17) 1/2-1/2 L Rosko vs V Yemelin (Feb-25-17) 0-1
Search Sacrifice Explorer for Vasily Yemelin
Search Google for Vasily Yemelin
FIDE player card for Vasily Yemelin
VASILY YEMELIN (born Feb-01-1976, 42 years old) Russia
[ what is this?]
Vasily Vladimirovich Yemelin was born in Leningrad (St Petersburg). He became a Grandmaster in 1994.
page 1 of 19; games 1-25 of 460
Moves Year Event/Locale Opening
1. V Yemelin vs Morozevich 1-0 54 1990 Ch Yuniors Leningrad C05 French, Tarrasch
2. Y Shulman vs V Yemelin 0-1 46 1991 URS-ch U18 E17 Queen's Indian
3. V Yemelin vs A Kovacevic 0-1 30 1991 URS-YUG U20 B73 Sicilian, Dragon, Classical
4. Svidler vs V Yemelin 1-0 38 1993 St Petersburg CHI C45 Scotch Game
5. V Yemelin vs M Brodsky 1-0 53 1993 St Petersburg op B47 Sicilian, Taimanov (Bastrikov) Variation
6. Pavasovic vs V Yemelin 0-1 45 1993 Wch U18 C68 Ruy Lopez, Exchange
7. M Petrovic vs V Yemelin 0-1 90 1993 Ch World (cadets) (under 18) C55 Two Knights Defense
8. V Osnos vs V Yemelin ½-½ 20 1993 Rostov-on-Don Open A13 English
9. V Yemelin vs Smagin 0-1 40 1994 St Petersburg C90 Ruy Lopez, Closed
10. V Yemelin vs Y Shulman 1-0 37 1994 St Petersburg B47 Sicilian, Taimanov (Bastrikov) Variation
11. V Yemelin vs Smagin ½-½ 45 1994 St Petersburg C49 Four Knights
12. Y Shulman vs V Yemelin ½-½ 25 1994 It C36 King's Gambit Accepted, Abbazia Defense
13. V Yemelin vs Silman 1-0 55 1994 Budapest HUN B39 Sicilian, Accelerated Fianchetto, Breyer Variation
14. V Yemelin vs Rublevsky ½-½ 51 1994 RUS-ch Elista B84 Sicilian, Scheveningen
15. V Yemelin vs Savon 0-1 49 1994 St Petersburg B84 Sicilian, Scheveningen
16. V Yemelin vs Svidler ½-½ 26 1994 RUS B06 Robatsch
17. Svidler vs V Yemelin ½-½ 42 1994 ChWj-U18 Szeged UHUNO C48 Four Knights
18. V Yemelin vs Oral 1-0 56 1994 Wch U18 B01 Scandinavian
19. Svidler vs V Yemelin ½-½ 15 1994 Olympiad C45 Scotch Game
20. I A Novikov vs V Yemelin 1-0 30 1995 St. Petersburg op E17 Queen's Indian
21. A Yegiazarian vs V Yemelin ½-½ 41 1995 Moscow op E12 Queen's Indian
22. V Yemelin vs Taimanov ½-½ 19 1995 St Petersburg B46 Sicilian, Taimanov Variation
23. S Cicak vs V Yemelin 0-1 41 1995 Moscow op C84 Ruy Lopez, Closed
24. Svidler vs V Yemelin ½-½ 40 1995 RUS C45 Scotch Game
25. V Yemelin vs Kharlov ½-½ 47 1995 RUS-chT B33 Sicilian
page 1 of 19; games 1-25 of 460
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, totally anonymous,
and 100% free--plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
No obscene, racist, sexist, or profane language.
No spamming, advertising, or duplicating posts.
No personal attacks against other members.
Nothing in violation of United States law.
No posting personal information of members.
See something that violates our rules?
Blow the whistle and inform an administrator.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific player and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, you might try the Kibitzer's Café.
posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors.
Spot an error? Please
suggest your correction
and help us eliminate database mistakes!
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2018, Chessgames Services LLC