|♔ MY PROFILE ♔
★★★ ANNOUNCEMENTS ★★★
I have decided to reorganize my profile, but it could take some time.
I am now keeping track of the Gold Medal Leaders in the Moves Prediction Contest. Please see User: Gold Medal Leaders.
I'd like to thank the user who gave me a year of premium services from 02/14/12-02/14/13. :)
★★★ BIOGRAPHY ★★★
I prefer not to reveal too much about myself, but have the following words to say:
I'm a male, born and currently living in Canada. I picked up chess in 2009, and joined this site over a year later.
Currently on chessgames, I like to roam around the site, doing whatever I feel like. In fact, I spend a lot of my free time on this site.
In real life, I'm a fairly hyper person that seems to know everything, and also have a good sense of humour. However, I do talk a lot, and sometimes go too far with jokes (and lose my anger easily). You decide if I'm like that on this site (not really I'm guessing).
Outside of chess, I also like to watch sports (who doesn't), and on this site, there happens to be places to discuss sports. Here are the places I like to visit:
- Phony Benoni chessforum (sports in general)
- Mating Net chessforum (hockey)
There are some other places as well (ex. Jeremy Lim for basketball).
★★★ GAME COLLECTIONS ★★★
Penguincw's Game Collections
I have decided to stop working on them for a while. To view most of my collections, see here: Game Collection: Table of Contents.
★★★ CHESS PUZZLES ★★★
Here are some chess puzzles I composed. I'm not a very strong composer, but they should be fun to solve nevertheless. However, since my forum won't always be open, I decided to use one of my game collections for that purpose:
Game Collection: Chess Puzzles
Here's a sample:
White to move, mate in three
click for larger view
Solution: (click on above game collection)
★★★ ACHIEVEMENTS ★★★
Here's my short list of achievements on this site (other than achievements relating to the prediction contests, see below):
- 966th user to open up their forum.
- Became the 66th user to reach 10000 posts (unofficial).
- Only the 2nd user (honour shared with 7 other users) to win a membership from the Santa Claus cause twice. Santa Claus.
- In the ChessBookie Game, placed first in the Championship 2015 preseason with 1727 cbs, 174 cbs ahead of 2nd place. Also, in the Fall 2014 preseason, I placed in 2nd with 1418 cbs, just 40 cbs behind first at the last known update.
★★★ PREDICTION CONTESTS ★★★
I compete in prediction contests often, and so far, have won these medals (along with the rank listed):
♔♔♔♖♖♖ (3 gold, 3 bronze; 22nd)
<chessmoron> (hosted by <OhioChessFan>)
♔♔♔♔♔♔♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♗♗♗♗♗♗♗♗♗♗♗ (6 gold, 7 silver, 11 bronze; 10th)
♔♔♔♖ (3 gold, 1 bronze; 9th)
♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♖♖♖♖♗♗♗♗♗♗♗♗♗ (12 gold, 7 silver, 13 bronze; 11th)
Updated through Norway 2015.
<YouRang>'s Games Prediction Contest: User: YouRang
<chessmoron>'s Moves Prediction Contest (hosted by <OhioChessFan>): User: OhioChessFan
<lostemperor>'s Final Standings Prediction Contest: User: lostemperor
Other Notable Achievements:
- Only user to ever win a quadruple crown (London Chess Classic 2011) in the Moves Prediction Contest (or any contest for that matter).
- First user to ever win a gold medal in each of the 3 contests for the same tournament (Tata Steel 2015). Since then, <chessmoron> has achieved this honour as well, doing it during the Gashimov Memorial 2015.
- Only user to ever win a Betting title crown in the Games Prediction Contest, and defend it the very next year, same tournament (Tata Steel 2014 & 2015).
★★★ NOTABLE POSTS ★★★
I've made over 10,000 posts, but not all posts are created equally. In fact, most of them don't have too much value, but here are some of my best posts:
Probably my most useful post to date (introducing the now defunct Chessgames Playing Zone): The Kibitzer's Café
A post good enough to make the Memorable Quotes Forum (not sure how though): OhioChessFan chessforum
In the prediction contests, I'm basically the only user to post "1/2-1/2" instead of "1/2" for a draw. I don't know why, but I've been doing it since this post: OhioChessFan chessforum.
Probably the first to notice the Original Six sweep the Tampa Bay Lightning are going through: Mating Net chessforum.
For my milestone posts, see here: Penguincw chessforum
More posts will be added as time progresses.
Here are some of my favourite posts by <other users> around the site (no reason given to some):
Kibitzer's Café (kibitz #44642)
YouRang describes his Hall of Fame (which I am in): YouRang chessforum
More posts will be added as time progresses.