< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 651 OF 651 ·
|Jan-22-15|| ||WannaBe: <Deus Ex Alekhina> Kicking game use another set of balls...|
|Jan-22-15|| ||mistermac: <<Phony Benoni>(Oh, by the way, you seem new around here, so for the record let me say you should take everything I say with a gram of salt.)>|
I seem and feel reasonably new. And, let me say, that I am well aware that there are 4840 square yards in an acre, 8 furlongs in a mile, 14 Lbs in a stone, and 8 pints in a gallon.
I only wish that I could find some of my childhood exercises books, which had on the back cover all the Imperial (a nasty word in a Republic) measures. But, you do have a Chees Queen as one of your friends I am aware, and that she is a gifted archivist.
You will be pleased that .04166666... of a pound is one penny.
So, I will think of you next time I spend one, as well as when I season my dinner with the salt of wisdom.
But, I hope I have at least helped you to make the acquantance of the unit of pressure called the kilopascal, as you need a fair few of them in your tyres to enjoy happy motoring. Pays to keep to the left also.
Some of the regular contributors to your Forum have a nodding acquaintance with me.
|Jan-22-15|| ||chancho: Aaron Rodgers loves his ball over inflated, but nary a word about that.|
What about Peyton Manning?
How does he like his balls, soft leather?
What a circus.
|Jan-22-15|| ||mistermac: <Phony>, you probably would remember me better with my lance upraised, rather than the random lady whom I adopted as my Dulcinea. Now I know who she is, I hope she does not mind.|
If she scorns me, or discards me, I will have to settle for Sophia Loren.
|Jan-22-15|| ||WannaBe: We have some physics explanation, but it does not get them Patriots off the hook:|
|Jan-22-15|| ||chancho: Doesn't take long in social media to nail someone's ass.|
|Jan-22-15|| ||Deus Ex Alekhina: All I can say is, the Pats better keep their hands off MY balls.|
|Jan-22-15|| ||mistermac: I would go to Hellium and back for my lady.
See you all at the Unexcelled Owl where the Atmosphere will be great, and hopefully standard. But don't hold your breath.
|Jan-22-15|| ||WannaBe: Some people say New England would have won without deflated balls, so I took the liberty and look'd at each posession and how each score happened:|
1. 3 and out on NE's first posession
2. Fumble by Indy on punt, NE recovered. Scored TD via rush (Brady, 2 short throws)
3. Rush, incomplete, deep 30 yards pass, rush, incomplete, incomplete, 5-yard pass, rush, 1-yard pass (TD).
[End of 1st Qtr]
4. incomplete, short pass, short pass, rush, rush, rush, rush, short pass, rush, interception [ball was noticed to be flat by Colts]
5. short pass, incomplete, short pass, rush, rush, rush, rush, incomplete, rush, incomplete, rush, rush, incomplete, incomplete, short pass, (FG).
6. short pass, rush, short pass, rush, rush, rush, rush, rush, pass short (TD)
7. short pass, sack, short pass, short pass, deep 22 yards pass, rush, rush, short pass (TD)
8. rush (TD)
9. rush, short pass, [End of 3rd Qtr], incomplete, short pass, rush, rush, rush, short pass, rush, short pass, rush (TD)
10. rush, rush, incomplete, punt
11. rush, [Garoppolo replaces Brady], rush, rush, punt
[End of Game]
|Jan-22-15|| ||WannaBe: Brady was 23-35 with 3 TDs, 1 INT, Luck was 12-33 with 0 TDs, 2 INT.|
Not reeeeeealy sure if all those short dump off passes by NE with deflated ball would alter the outcome?
|Jan-22-15|| ||Jim Bartle: The balls were inflated at halftime, so you have to take that into consideration.|
|Jan-22-15|| ||WannaBe: Based upon this article, I would say the balls were "kosher" for second half of play:|
Which would be double-ly stupid for Patriots to use deflated balls in the first half... Unless their ball "guatd" or ball-boy really wanted the team to be caught/fined...
|Jan-23-15|| ||technical draw: Too many <TD>'s. I think you're talking about me.|
|Jan-23-15|| ||Jim Bartle: Ernie Banks has died. I just hope Aaron, Mays and Robinson aren't next.|
|Jan-23-15|| ||WannaBe: =(|
|Jan-24-15|| ||OhioChessFan: Wake up at 4AM and the first news story I see online is Ernie Banks has died.|
|Jan-24-15|| ||perfidious: RIP Ernie Banks.
The man could play a little, even if he probably should not have won both his MVPs.
|Jan-24-15|| ||technical draw: I am probably one of the few here who saw the great Ernie Banks play. It was 1961. Wrigley Field. And he didn't disappoint. He hit one into the bleachers. RIP Ernie "Mr. Cubs" Banks.|
|Jan-24-15|| ||playground player: Ernie Banks brought a lot of joy into a lot of people's lives.|
I had the privilege of seeing him play at the Polo Grounds, as the Cubs and Mets tried to iron out which of them was the worst time in baseball. Unfortunately I was too young to appreciate the historical value of what I was seeing. And probably too busy dodging pigeons, too.
|Jan-25-15|| ||Phony Benoni: Special rules for the Pro Bowl:
Some nwritten rules:
1) The last player drafted, commonly known as "Mr. Irrelevant", shall be automatically eligible for the game.
2) All the officials will be models from the Lingerie Bowl. Before sacking a quarterback, the defensive player must turn to an official and ask, "Mother, May I?" If she gives permission, then he is permitted to give the quarterback a nasty look, as long as it's not too scary.
3) Rules against players touching the officials will be strictly enforced. Exact penalties have not been announced, but there rumors of a special "Patriots Treatment".
|Jan-25-15|| ||WannaBe: Watching the Pro Bowl, weird seeing someone with Lions helmet throw a touchdown to a guy in Broncos helmet...|
The long(er) PATs are interesting, the kicker just missed one...
|Jan-25-15|| ||WannaBe: The up rights of the goal posts are narrower, instead of 18 ft apart, they are 14 ft apart, them PATs are further back, too.|
|Jan-25-15|| ||Phony Benoni: For a game called "football", they're doing their best to take the foot out of it.|
|Jan-25-15|| ||WannaBe: While we are all enjoying NHL & NFL All-Star Games, MLB (some-what quietly) have a new commissioner.|
|Jan-25-15|| ||Phony Benoni: I wonder if there has been research on the performance of a hockey goalie after he plays in the All-Star game. Surely there must be some shell shock.|
Final score today, if you missed it, was 17-12. Don't ask me who won.
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 651 OF 651 ·
100% Cotton Chess Puzzle Shirt