<I feel best when not confined by fears.> I earned my USCF Master 's title recently <6-22-05> I'm still very excited by it, so I will continue bragging about it for a while. :) USCF 2257
By the way, anyone who is interested in how i reached this plateu, here is the reading list I followed<remeber though you must read each one in the order listed here>
1) Chess for Dummies(although this was the book I read, I recomend The Complete Idiot's Guide to Chess, it just simply has more content. Besides, Jim Eade<author of Dummies> isn't even IM. While Patrick Wolfe<Idiot's author> is 2500+ GM
2) Amatuer's Mind!! This book is excellent Absolutely Brilliant!!!! If you can get past Silman's attitude, you will be very pleased with your end results. Just a note , before I read this book I was 1200 USCF, afterwards I made 1688. I even threw a few experts for a loop.
3) Reasses Your Chess!!! Another Brilliancy by Silman!!! His style is so easy to understand , and the content in this book is very advanced but is readily absorbed due to Silman's clear and thorough explanations. This book made me USCF 2072
4) The Art of the Middlegame!! Excellent must have!!! This is where the concepts Silman taught start to be expounded upon and nutured.
5) The Art of Attack. This book will make you an attacking master!!! And by the way , I am only on chapter 4!!! Which also means I will have to see how my rating starts to progress. :)