< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 52 OF 77 ·
|Jan-02-13|| ||Blunderdome: 1. J Gustafsson vs Kramnik, 2012 Kramnik’s spectacular KID win over Gustafsson|
2. Yifan Hou vs Judit Polgar, 2012 Historic moment in women’s chess
3. H Ziska vs Radjabov, 2012 Beautiful Radjabov win in a game with imbalanced material
4. Kramnik vs Aronian, 2012 Vlad sacs a knight and declines several chances to win it back while his passed pawn goes to work
5. Kramnik vs McShane, 2012 An instructive Kramnik win from London
6. Grischuk vs Svidler, 2012 A rare two rooks vs. three minors game
7. A Giri vs Aronian, 2012 Known simply as “Don’t Trust Ne1”
8. Gelfand vs Kasimdzhanov, 2012 Gelfand win with an exchange sac and passed pawn tricks
9. Ivanchuk vs A Giri, 2012 Ivanchuk dazzles in the most instructive K+P ending of the year
10. McShane vs Aronian, 2012 Features a wild endgame and an underpromotion
There are another 34 honorable mentions at Game Collection: Blunderdome's favorite games of 2012
|Jan-02-13|| ||OhioChessFan: <* You said it's any database game, but if it's classical time control's only, remove Carlsen - Moro (blitz), >|
I had a blitz win, with Black in a French, against Carlsen. I don't think you even need to see the game to know that rocks.
|Jan-02-13|| ||tpstar: <Chnebelgrind> <OhioChessFan> <FairyPromotion> <Blunderdome> Thanks for voting! Lots of great games already.|
<any database game> Correct. The Top Ten are typically all at classical time controls, but we've had blitz, rapid, blindfold, computer, consultation, and advanced chess games (player + engine) nominated before.
|Jan-02-13|| ||Annie K.: Caruana vs Topalov, 2012|
That's all for now... :)
|Jan-03-13|| ||tpstar: <Annie> What a barnburner!|
Just to clarify for others, you may choose up to nine more games before January 15, or else just vote for that one.
Thanks for voting. =)
|Jan-04-13|| ||Bureaucrat: Thanks for organizing this. I'll vote for just three games. My favorites are:|
1. E Berg vs M Vachier-Lagrave, 2012
2. A Volokitin vs Mamedyarov, 2012
3. Aronian vs McShane, 2012
|Jan-04-13|| ||tpstar: <Bureaucrat> Thanks for voting!|
|Jan-04-13|| ||rogge: Hello fellow fish!
1. McShane vs Aronian, 2012 g8=N
2. Anand vs Nakamura, 2012 Wild draw
3. Kramnik vs Grischuk, 2012 Demolition
4. Carlsen vs Anand, 2012 Nh3!
5. Carlsen vs Karjakin, 2012 Well done Karjakin
6. G Meier vs M Vachier-Lagrave, 2012 Nice and short
7. Morozevich vs Jakovenko, 2012 Nice and short #2
|Jan-04-13|| ||tpstar: <rogge> Thanks for voting!|
Anyone with less than ten has until the end of January 14 to nominate more. Sometimes you might find a game you liked from someone else's list.
|Jan-05-13|| ||tpstar: 1) Carlsen vs Aronian, 2012 #1 over #2 in a year where Carlsen makes chess history.|
2) Karjakin vs Caruana, 2012 Two exchange sacrifices yield a pair of monster Bishops against a helpless King.
3) A Volokitin vs Mamedyarov, 2012 21. Bd8!! is as stunning as it is unexpected.
4) A Giri vs Aronian, 2012 Aronian's finest win of the year.
5) Anand vs Gelfand, 2012 The best fight from the World Championship match where Anand held off a determined and resourceful Gelfand.
6) Kramnik vs Aronian, 2012 An entertaining Queen versus three pieces encounter where Kramnik kept everything under control.
7) Jobava vs Kamsky, 2012 Both Sides Queen in a thrilling unbalanced ending.
8) Nakamura vs Kramnik, 2012 Nakamura has always been known for his endgame mastery.
9) Caruana vs A Giri, 2012 An overwhelming Pawn avalanche with sharp play on both sides of the board.
10) McShane vs Aronian, 2012 Aronian converts a material advantage which was much harder than it looked.
Everybody vote! And everybody have fun voting!
|Jan-05-13|| ||Jim Bartle: Nice post.|
|Jan-05-13|| ||parmetd: Ah Dear Tony! Thank you for playing my Adams Clock simul :)|
My vote is 1) Yusupov vs Shirov, 2012
2) Jobava vs Kamsky, 2012
3) Svidler vs Ponomariov, 2012
4) Kamsky vs E Romanov, 2012
5) Adams vs D Fridman, 2012
6) Wang Hao vs Carlsen, 2012
7) McShane vs Carlsen, 2012
8) Kamsky vs E Romanov, 2012
9) Kamsky vs Seirawan, 2012
10) Karjakin vs Aronian, 2012
|Jan-05-13|| ||tpstar: <Jim Bartle> Thanks for visiting! ;>D|
<parmetd> Thanks for voting!
Note you have Kamsky vs E Romanov, 2012 at #4 & # 8 so please double check your list.
|Jan-06-13|| ||parmetd: #4 was supposed to be Nakamura vs A Giri, 2012|
Anyways, I did my own writeup on the event as did Mickey: http://www.michaeladamschess.co.uk/...
and mine: https://sites.google.com/site/downe...
I actually had clipped the start of your game at Adam's request.
I really wish would have informed me you were coming as you were late and indeed Mickey being gracious was okay with you playing anyways. But had it been another less friendly GM, the person might have stoutly refused. I would have been dismayed to see one travel so far to end up with naught except an article material. As it was, things worked out quite alright.
|Jan-06-13|| ||tpstar: <I did my own writeup on the event> It is fantastic!|
<I actually had clipped the start of your game at Adams' request> Oh dear - that bad, eh? ;>D
<things worked out quite alright> Doctors have a hard time giving 100% commitments as things tend to come up at the most inconvenient times.
Good luck with the team contest. =)
|Jan-07-13|| ||HeMateMe: Best games, 2012
1. < Nakamura vs Kramnik 2012 > The underpromotion and endgame are worth waiting for.
2. < Carlsen vs Morozevich 2012 > Maybe not the best played game, but the tactics are exciting.
3. < Ivanchuk vs A Giri 2012 >
4. < Volokitin vs Mamedyarov 2012>
5. <Fabiano Caruana vs Anish Giri 2012> Absolutely Fabiano-lous
|Jan-07-13|| ||tpstar: <HeMateMe> Thanks for voting! Those are great choices.|
You may add up to five more before January 15 if you like.
|Jan-07-13|| ||Blunderdome: <HeMateMe> People usually link to the games so there's no ambiguity. Caruana has two white wins against Giri this year, for example. Although I guess tpstar knows which games you meant.|
|Jan-07-13|| ||HeMateMe: <B> Sorry, agreed, but I don't know how to make the games appear as a link.|
|Jan-07-13|| ||WannaBe: Click 'Help', upper right hand, read #12|
|Jan-07-13|| ||Blunderdome: Basically, just copy & paste the link and the computer will render it as "Player A vs Player B, Year"|
|Jan-07-13|| ||HeMateMe: I tried to c/p the link, and all I got was character gibberish. No big deal, I look through the games but rarely post them anywhere.|
|Jan-07-13|| ||tpstar: <HeMateMe> I counted your votes. =)|
To post a game link, you start with Chessgames Home Page and then add "perl/" and then the key part "chessgame?gid=1234567" to get the individual game you want.
|Jan-09-13|| ||DcGentle: Here there is my selection:
E Berg vs M Vachier-Lagrave, 2012
A queen sac!
Ding Liren vs Lu Shanglei, 2012
A really crushing kingside attack!
S Soors vs A R Saleh Salem, 2012
A positional queen sac!
The World vs Akobian, 2012
Why this one, you can read here (DcGentle chessforum), just scroll down to read all three parts.
J Gustafsson vs Kramnik, 2012
The remarkable advance of the a-pawn!
McShane vs Aronian, 2012
A <pawn roller> is too slow.
Carlsen vs Karjakin, 2012
The d-pawn was underestimated.
Nakamura vs Kramnik, 2012
Three connected passers are not enough.
Carlsen vs Anand, 2012
The e-pawn was underestimated.
A Liang vs Kaufman, 2012
Triumph of Liang, 9 year old.
|Jan-09-13|| ||tpstar: <DcGentle> Thanks for voting!|
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 52 OF 77 ·