"BLOW THE WHISTLE!"|
CHESSGAMES.COM ADMINISTRATOR ALERT
The purpose of this page is to alert an administrator against
possible misconduct in the Chessgames.com discussion forums ("kibitzing" areas).
Fill out the form below and an administrator will review the case
and take action where appropriate.
All complaints registered on this page are 100% confidential.
NOTES AND CLARIFICATIONS REGARDING CHESSGAMES POSTING POLICIES:
- Usernames which are obscene, profane, racist, or otherwise in very poor taste are not permitted.
Usernames should be G-Rated, free of sexual innuendo or violent overtones.
Usernames may not imitate another Chessgames username with the purpose of mocking,
or creating confusion.
Usernames may not be names of famous living chess players, unless
the person who owns the account is actually that player.
Out of respect, we strongly discourage usernames to be of players
who recently passed away.
Usernames cannot contain the prefix "GM", "IM", "FM", "WGM", or any
other chess title, unless that title has actually been earned. In ambiguous
cases where the letters exist apparently by accident (e.g. "IMemorizeOpenings")
we may be forgiving; the final determination is the ability of the name to confuse
the average member.
- Repeating any message, whether or not it is of commercial nature, is spamming by definition. This
includes "signatures" (lines of text automatically added to the end of every post) which are strongly discouraged
here. Members may present URLs in their messages, including URLs to commercial websites, as long as it is done in
the context of the discussion.
- While there are a few specific words which are absolutely forbidden on the site (the "f-word" etc.), we leave
it to you--the users of the site--to tell us what you feel is obscene, racist, sexist, or profane. Keep in
mind that children of all ages read this site. Ideally, members should type everything as if they are in the
presence of children.
- Our software has a built in filter to prevent people from
typing certain vulgar English expressions.
- It is forbidden to attempt to trick the software by
intentional misspelling, substituing numbers for letters,
inserting spaces, etc. This includes expressions like "f---!"
where the majority of the word is blocked but the intention
- We rely largely on non-English readers to inform us when
cursing takes place in languages other than English and Spanish,
and even on English speakers to tell us what is offensive in a
- It is acceptable to criticize other members if done in a
civil way; however:
- This line may be crossed if we witness repeated criticisms
from one member to another ("cyberstalking").
- Any form of name-calling (e.g., making up a pejorative
nickname for another member) is forbidden, whether based on the
screen-name or their name in real life.
- Illegal activity may include exposing a user's private
information against their will, posting credit card numbers,
making death-threats, soliciting illegal activity, conducting
illegal gambling, and much more. This rule can also apply to
potential copyright infringements.
- Although we urge members to stick to the topic for which the
pages are designated, a certain amount of off-topic banter
is a natural occurrence, and therefore tolerated. However, we
would like to be notified when you think that it has gone beyond
what you consider reasonable.
- Not every problematic post can be captured by a small set of
rules; if you believe that somebody has done something outside of
the scope of our rules, and still causes problems, use the