Welcome, all! This is the place for frivolous commentary, serious commentary, and cogent discussion.
My favorite wines:
Matted Elk (red), March 2012
Matted Elk (red), April 2012
Matted Elk (red), May 2012
Matted Elk (red), June 2012 (limited bottling, no longer available)
Matted Elk (red), July 2012
I am looking forward to the release of the August 2012 vintage.
Work, the what's-its-name of the thingummy and the thing-um-a-bob of the what d'you-call-it. (P. G. Wodehouse)
You have to bring some funk to get some. You can't just walk in a place and expect to get some funk. If you ain't bring no funk, then you can't get no funk..Another thing is, you can't fake the funk or your nose will grow. (Bootsy Collins)
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base. (Dave Barry)
Here's an article that I wrote:
<Chess Life, August, 2011, <<Brave New World: Human Intuition and Computer-assisted Chess>>
These are links that I find useful:
1. <<<New Search Feature instructions>>> chessgames.com chessforum
2. <<<Wiki info on FEN notation>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forsyt...
3. <<<Fen Help>>> FEN Help Page
4. <<<FEN Reverser>>> http://www.zbestvalue.com/ChessFENR...
5. <<<Zip File Archive>>> Zipfile Archive
6. <<Jan van Reek's site:>> http://www.endgame.nl/
7. <<ICCF Archives:>> http://www.iccf.com
8. <<iPad shortcuts:>> hms123 chessforum
9. <<pgn4web quickstart:>> Pgn4web Quickstart and
10. <<change password:>> http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chan...
11. <<Internet Archives WayBackMachine:>> http://wayback.archive.org/web/
12. <<Avatar sizer>> http://www.shrinkpictures.com/creat...
13. <<K+B+N vs K:>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWZ7...
14. <<Collection to check out:>> Game Collection: They were surprised
15. <<Puzzles:>> http://www.wtharvey.com/
16. <<kingscrusher's video spreadsheet>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...
17. <<chess.ok online opening book:>> http://chessok.com/?page_id=352
18. <<PGN reader:>> http://www.caissa.com/chess-tools/p...
19. <<Time zones:>> http://24timezones.com/
20. <<Build an opening repertoire>> FSR chessforum
21. <<Is a website down?>> http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
22. <<FICS Info>> User: FICS Info
23. <<Map of US dialects>> http://spark.rstudio.com/jkatz/Surv...
24. <<Windows Help Info>> http://pcsupport.about.com/od/syste...
Thanks to User: wannabe for running the contest, and to everyone who voted for me or for any of the other fine nominees.
<<2008 Caissar Award winner for <most helpful>. (shared with User: brankat)>>
<<2009 Caissar Award winner for <most constructive kibitzer>.>>
<<2011 Caissar Award winner for <most helpful>.>>
<<2012 Caissar Award winner for <most helpful>.>>
<<2013 Caissar Award winner for <most helpful>.>>
An interesting chess set that my wife gave me many years ago: http://www.santafenewmexican.com/pa...