|Aeroflot Open (2002)|
The 1st Aeroflot Open was a 130-player Swiss held in Hotel Russia, Moscow, 5-10 February 2002 with double rounds on 5 (1 & 2), 7 (4 & 5) and 9 February (7 & 8). The A group, open for players rated above 2400, had more than 80 GMs, including top seed Ilya Yulyevich Smirin. First prize: EUR 25,000. Total prize fund (including groups B and C): EUR 150,000. Time control: 90 minutes for the whole game, with 30 seconds added per move from move 1. The organizers were Aeroflot - Russian Airlines, the Association of Chess Federations (of Northwest Russia) and the Committee on Tourism of the Government of Moscow. Chief organizer: Alexander Bakh. Chief arbiter: Geurt Gijssen.
Gregory Kaidanov won on tiebreak ahead of Grischuk and three other players, all five with 6.5/9.
Chess Moscow: http://chessmoscow.ru/index.php?mat...
Russian Bazaar: http://www.russian-bazaar.com/ru/co...
Chess Siberia: http://www.chessib.com/aerof2fst.html
Next: Aeroflot Open (2003)
| page 1 of 23; games 1-25 of 569
|1. Akopian vs K Lerner
|| ||½-½||23||2002||Aeroflot Open||A35 English, Symmetrical|
|2. A Minasian vs S Chanda
|| ||½-½||28||2002||Aeroflot Open||A14 English|
|3. Bologan vs A S Nadanian
||0-1||28||2002||Aeroflot Open||B40 Sicilian|
|4. M Mchedlishvili vs V Zvjaginsev
|| ||½-½||29||2002||Aeroflot Open||E48 Nimzo-Indian, 4.e3 O-O 5.Bd3 d5|
|5. Motylev vs A Riazantsev
|| ||0-1||81||2002||Aeroflot Open||B06 Robatsch|
|6. A Lastin vs E Prokopchuk
|| ||½-½||41||2002||Aeroflot Open||B01 Scandinavian|
|7. G Sargissian vs S Y Shipov
|| ||1-0||30||2002||Aeroflot Open||A45 Queen's Pawn Game|
|8. Iskusnyh vs Filippov
|| ||0-1||40||2002||Aeroflot Open||A30 English, Symmetrical|
|9. M Kobalia vs J Ulko
|| ||½-½||58||2002||Aeroflot Open||E97 King's Indian|
|10. N Rashkovsky vs Shabalov
|| ||½-½||37||2002||Aeroflot Open||E14 Queen's Indian|
|11. J Meister vs K Asrian
|| ||½-½||35||2002||Aeroflot Open||E54 Nimzo-Indian, 4.e3, Gligoric System|
|12. M Magomedov vs E Postny
|| ||½-½||8||2002||Aeroflot Open||C45 Scotch Game|
|13. B Avrukh vs V Shinkevich
|| ||1-0||32||2002||Aeroflot Open||D47 Queen's Gambit Declined Semi-Slav|
|14. Ehlvest vs A Zubarev
|| ||1-0||47||2002||Aeroflot Open||B44 Sicilian|
|15. Podgaets vs Fedorov
|| ||½-½||29||2002||Aeroflot Open||E63 King's Indian, Fianchetto, Panno Variation|
|16. S Sulskis vs O Chernikov
|| ||1-0||41||2002||Aeroflot Open||B20 Sicilian|
|17. E V Kovalevskaya vs B Socko
|| ||½-½||39||2002||Aeroflot Open||C01 French, Exchange|
|18. Jobava vs Grischuk
|| ||½-½||21||2002||Aeroflot Open||D34 Queen's Gambit Declined, Tarrasch|
|19. Vaganian vs S Volkov
||½-½||82||2002||Aeroflot Open||D15 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav|
|20. Onischuk vs V Kosyrev
|| ||1-0||41||2002||Aeroflot Open||D58 Queen's Gambit Declined, Tartakower (Makagonov-Bondarevsky) Syst|
|21. A Timofeev vs Rublevsky
||0-1||29||2002||Aeroflot Open||B46 Sicilian, Taimanov Variation|
|22. V M Mikhalevski vs A G Aleksandrov
|| ||0-1||45||2002||Aeroflot Open||A13 English|
|23. Kharlov vs Korotylev
|| ||1-0||27||2002||Aeroflot Open||A34 English, Symmetrical|
|24. Tkachiev vs Sadvakasov
|| ||1-0||24||2002||Aeroflot Open||D27 Queen's Gambit Accepted, Classical|
|25. P Tregubov vs Eljanov
|| ||½-½||28||2002||Aeroflot Open||D78 Neo-Grunfeld, 6.O-O c6|
| page 1 of 23; games 1-25 of 569
There is no kibitzing for this page, yet.
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any gratuitous name-calling
of any members—including Admin and Owners—or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2020, Chessgames Services LLC