The St. Petersburg Chess Club consisted of the elite. After ... [more]
Player: Milan Vidmar
| page 1 of 1; 18 games
| page 1 of 1; 18 games
|Nov-23-12|| ||Benzol: What a pity there was never a match between Lasker and Rubinstein.|
|Nov-23-12|| ||tamar: Rubinstein had a run like Secretariat in this tournament, but then so did Lasker!|
|Apr-01-13|| ||GrahamClayton: Why did Nenarokov withdraw after 4 rounds?|
|Aug-29-13|| ||Karpova: Beauty prizes:
1st Schlechter vs Salwe, 1909 (120 Roubles)
2nd L Forgacs vs Tartakower, 1909 (80 Roubles)
Source: Page 253 of the 1909 'Wiener Schachzeitung'
|Aug-22-14|| ||Nosnibor: The introduction is not strictly correct as Lasker played in 1906 at Trenton Falls.It should also be mentioned that Dus Chotimirski received a special prize following his victories against both Rubinstein and Lasker.|
|Aug-22-14|| ||perfidious: <Nosnibor> Inter alia, Kmoch was not a GM, either--time for a few improvements, such as extra player links in text.|
|Apr-06-15|| ||ColdSong: One think for the three greats,Charousek,Pillsbury and Rubinstein,who never had their chance to challenge Lasker.|
|Nov-27-19|| ||DPat: Pero que, solo me cree una cuenta para poder escribir este comentario y no puedo creer que esto tenga comentarios|
|Nov-27-19|| ||JimNorCal: Well, there you are.
Welcome to ChessGames.com
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any gratuitous name-calling
of any members—including Admin and Owners—or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC