The 17th USSR chess championship took place in the Soviet capital of Moscow from October 16th to November 20th, 1949. Twenty of the Soviet Union's best grandmasters and masters qualified or received invitations to participate in the round robin event. Twelve players qualified from semi-final tournaments held earlier in the year: ... [more]
Player: Lev Aronin
| page 1 of 1; 19 games
|1. Smyslov vs Aronin
||1-0||35||1949||USSR Championship||A14 English|
|2. Aronin vs Flohr
|| ||½-½||32||1949||USSR Championship||B10 Caro-Kann|
|3. Geller vs Aronin
|| ||½-½||69||1949||USSR Championship||D32 Queen's Gambit Declined, Tarrasch|
|4. Aronin vs Keres
|| ||½-½||33||1949||USSR Championship||C81 Ruy Lopez, Open, Howell Attack|
|5. Lilienthal vs Aronin
|| ||½-½||39||1949||USSR Championship||E72 King's Indian|
|6. Kholmov vs Aronin
|| ||½-½||20||1949||USSR Championship||B74 Sicilian, Dragon, Classical|
|7. Aronin vs Petrosian
|| ||½-½||18||1949||USSR Championship||B11 Caro-Kann, Two Knights, 3...Bg4|
|8. V Mikenas vs Aronin
||0-1||56||1949||USSR Championship||E90 King's Indian|
|9. Aronin vs G Goldberg
|| ||½-½||43||1949||USSR Championship||B51 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack|
|10. Bronstein vs Aronin
||½-½||28||1949||USSR Championship||E60 King's Indian Defense|
|11. Aronin vs Levenfish
|| ||1-0||35||1949||USSR Championship||A25 English|
|12. Boleslavsky vs Aronin
||1-0||32||1949||USSR Championship||B88 Sicilian, Fischer-Sozin Attack|
|13. Aronin vs Furman
||½-½||31||1949||USSR Championship||C86 Ruy Lopez, Worrall Attack|
|14. Sokolsky vs Aronin
|| ||½-½||54||1949||USSR Championship||A54 Old Indian, Ukrainian Variation, 4.Nf3|
|15. Aronin vs N Kopilov
|| ||1-0||40||1949||USSR Championship||C74 Ruy Lopez, Modern Steinitz Defense|
|16. Taimanov vs Aronin
||1-0||61||1949||USSR Championship||A53 Old Indian|
|17. Aronin vs Ragozin
|| ||½-½||41||1949||USSR Championship||C81 Ruy Lopez, Open, Howell Attack|
|18. V Liublinsky vs Aronin
|| ||½-½||23||1949||USSR Championship||B62 Sicilian, Richter-Rauzer|
|19. Aronin vs Kotov
||1-0||60||1949||USSR Championship||B85 Sicilian, Scheveningen, Classical|
| page 1 of 1; 19 games
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC