| page 1 of 1; 12 games
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 20 OF 20 ·
|Nov-14-15|| ||Sally Simpson: Time for a re-cap:
(and cap being the appropriate word)
Wesley and Anish tied for first place and Wes won the tie 1½ - ½.
Anish later said he was kind of glad he did not win because he escaped having to wear that hat.
Vid of the award ceremony and you will see a relieved Anish watching Wes getting fitted up.
(fast forward to about 15:50)
The two tie break games (submitted)
Game One Wes is White
1. d4 d5 2. c4 c6 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. cxd5 cxd5 5. Bf4 Nc6 6. e3 Bg4 7. Qb3 Na5 8. Qa4+ Bd7 9. Qc2 e6 10. Bd3 Bb4 11. Ne2 O-O 12. f3 Rc8 13. O-O h6 14. Bg3 Nc4 15. Bf2 Re8 16. a3 Bf8 17. Rfc1 b5 18. Rd1 a5 19. Qb1 Qc7 20. a4 bxa4 21. Nxa4 Qb8 22. Nec3 Nxb2 23. Qxb2 Qxb2 24. Nxb2 Rxc3 25. Be1 Rb3 26. Na4 Bxa4 27. Rxa4 Bb4 28. Bxb4 axb4 29. Kf2 Rb2+ 30. Kf1 Rc8 31. Raa1 Kf8 32. Rab1 Rxb1 33. Rxb1 Rb8 34. Ke2 Ke7 35. Kd2 Nd7 36. Kc2 e5 37. Ra1 exd4 38. exd4 Nf8 39. Ra7+ Kf6 40. Ra5 Ne6 41. Rxd5 b3+ 42. Kb2 Nf4? 43. Rf5+ 1-0
Game two Wes is Black
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Bc5 4. d3 Nf6 5. O-O a6 6. c3 Ba7 7. Bb3 h6 8. Nbd2 d6 9. Re1 O-O 10. h3 Be6 11. Bc2 Re8 12. Nf1 d5 13. exd5 Nxd5 14. Ng3 Qd6 15. Nh4 Qd7 16. Qf3 Qe7 17. Nhf5 Qf8 18. Bb3 Rad8 19. Nh5 Bxf5 20. Qxf5 Nde7 21. Qf3 Ng6 22. Re4 Na5 23. Bc2 f5 24. Re1 Kh8 25. Ng3 Nh4 26. Qh5 Qf6 27. d4 e4 28. Bf4 Bb6 29. Qe2 Nc6 30. Nh5 Qf8 31. Bg3 Ng6 32. Qe3 Re7 33. b4 Rde8 34. Bb3 Nce5 35. Bxe5 Nxe5 36. Nf4 Kh7 37. Nd5 Nd3 38. Nxe7 Nxe1 39. Nxf5 Nxg2 40. Kxg2 Qxf5 41. Bc2 Kh8 42. Re1 Qf7 43. Bxe4 c6 44. a4 Bc7 45. Re2 Qh5 46. Qf3 Qg5+ 47. Qg4 Qxg4+ 48. hxg4 a5 49. b5 Bd6 50. f3 c5 51. dxc5 Bxc5 52. Rd2 b6 53. Bg6 Rf8 54. Rd7 Rf6 55. Be4 g5 56. Kf1 Kg8 57. Ke2 Rd6 58. Rb7 Kf8 59. Rh7 Kg8 60. Rc7 Kf8 61. c4 Ke8 62. Bd5 Kd8 63. Rh7 Rf6 64. Kd3 Bd6 65. Be4 Bc5 66. Rg7 Bf8 67. Rb7 Bc5 68. Ra7 Kc8 69. Rh7 Kd8 70. Rg7 Bf8 71. Ra7 Bc5 72. Rh7 Re6 73. Rf7 Ke8 74. Rg7 Kd8 75. Rb7 Rf6 76. Bd5 Kc8 77. Ke4 Rf4+ 78. Ke5 Rxc4 79. Rh7 Rxa4 80. Rxh6 Ra1 81. Rh7 Kd8 82. Be4 a4 83. Ke6 a3 84. Rh8+ Kc7 85. Ra8 Rd1 86. Ra7+ Kb8 87. Ra4 Rd8 88. Kf5 Be7 89. Ra8+ Kc7 90. Ra7+ Kd6 91. Rb7 ½ - ½
|Nov-14-15|| ||ChessApplet: Wow, scanned the kibitzing section for valuable analyses yet all I found was squabble. Shame.|
|Nov-17-15|| ||gokusano: Bitterchess, baka pwede mo akong ibalik sa ws page, pls? ;0)|
|Nov-19-15|| ||kamagong24: @pulo y gata of course i have to tell people like you what to do, all you do is talk crap here, who do you think you are??? you think im afraid of people like you??? bring it on|
|Nov-19-15|| ||kamagong24: @gokusano whatever you say means nothing, envious little prick|
|Nov-19-15|| ||gokusano: Hoy kamagong, kahit kelan hindi ako nainggit sayo. Baka ikaw ang inggit sa akin, you a veggie non prickly. You can't sting man, para kalang bula, tandaan mo bula!|
|Nov-19-15|| ||iking: <ChessApplet: Wow, scanned the kibitzing section for valuable analyses yet all I found was squabble. Shame.> ... cg.com's broom is not VERY active in this page ...|
|Nov-19-15|| ||Fiona Macleod: ...which is precisely the reason the likes of you are still here.|
|Nov-19-15|| ||Fiona Macleod: <iking: fancy elephants, they did not know what they done was an attack on the farmer ...>|
and while the farmer had driven away the gentle elephants he has in his farm a lot of snakes and scorpions.
|Nov-19-15|| ||Pulo y Gata: <Nov-19-15 kamagong24: @pulo y gata of course i have to tell people like you what to do, all you do is talk crap here, who do you think you are??? you think im afraid of people like you??? bring it on>|
Lol! Talking crap by your definition is not going "Bless you Wesley!", "Go, Wesley!", "Idol, Wesley!" Yada yada, Wesley? lol!
This is a chess site. Put up your own site where you can sing hossanas to your idol and burn offerings if you like.
Pick someone your own small size, man. I have bigger fries to fish. You try to sound like a gong, but you're just a kama-soft and fluffy.
|Nov-19-15|| ||iking: oh <fionaMc> ... you are talking like <epistle> .... color of the wind|
|Nov-19-15|| ||chancho: Check them hats out:
|Nov-19-15|| ||kamagong24: @gokumodta hello fan dont forget your pills, or your bubbles will burst|
@pulo y gata yes idiot! this is a chess site for chess fans, you dont scare me, you're just a crab whose envious of other people's achievements, the way you talk shows your insecurities, you're nothing!!!
BLESS YOU WESLEY!!!
|Nov-19-15|| ||Fiona Macleod: That is what you say when a person sneezes because he had caught a virus.|
|Nov-19-15|| ||iking: then, blame the virus ... ouch!|
|Nov-19-15|| ||Fiona Macleod: The virus is innocent. It didn't volunteer. It was <caught.>|
|Nov-19-15|| ||Pulo y Gata: <@pulo y gata yes idiot! this is a chess site for chess fans, you dont scare me, you're just a crab whose envious of other people's achievements, the way you talk shows your insecurities, you're nothing!!!>|
Well, let's set the record straight: I won't ever dream of cursing my mother and calling her whore and denouncing my family. So I envy nothing.
Meanwhile, you, have you taken the same path as WBS and did the same to your parents? Or perhaps your children cursed and denounced you yourself? Bless you, Kama.
|Nov-24-15|| ||iking: <Fiona Macleod: The virus is innocent. It didn't volunteer. It was <caught.>> ... maybe blame the english idiom ... he was 'infected'by it...|
|Nov-25-15|| ||Fiona Macleod: I don't think it's the english idiom either. Look for example what you've written at the So page:|
<iking... bring it on ... Wesley will be apt to the challenge>
Being "APT to the challenge" is not even an idiomatic expression. First time I've heard of such strange utterance.
|Dec-01-15|| ||posoo: Also known as da most BOARING tornament of all time! Da players should be ASHOMED of themselves!|
|Dec-01-15|| ||Dr. Overlord: That's what you get for inviting a douche, a weirdo, a chink and that guy that looks like he's wearing a toupée.|
|Dec-01-15|| ||keypusher: <Dr. Overlord: That's what you get for inviting a douche, a weirdo, a chink and that guy that looks like he's wearing a toupée.>|
Trump outs himself! The reference to a toupee is clearly intended to throw us off the scent.
|Dec-01-15|| ||Dr. Overlord: <keypusher> BUSTED!! LOL. No, seriously, don't tell me this can be his real hair:|
His hair looks fake!!
|Dec-14-15|| ||kamagong24: Meanwhile, you, have you taken the same path as WBS and did the same to your parents? Or perhaps your children cursed and denounced you yourself? Bless you, Kama -- im not surprised crabs can come up with this, its the way they simply are!!!|
Happy Holidays!!! and
BLESS YOU WESLEY!!!
|Dec-14-15|| ||MasterCrabDreams: Anish Giri on Wesley So:
"I think Wesley is better than me in fast chess." - Anish Giri, Bilbao Masters 2015
"He's still stronger than me." - Anish Giri, Tata Steel Chess Tournament 2016 Press conference
I agree with you GM Anish. With all my might!
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 20 OF 20 ·
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC