| page 1 of 3; games 1-25 of 66
|1. Zeng Chongsheng vs Lu Shanglei
|| ||½-½||30||2016||Chinese Championship||B52 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack|
|2. Wen Yang vs Wei Yi
|| ||½-½||31||2016||Chinese Championship||A49 King's Indian, Fianchetto without c4|
|3. J Bai vs Xu Jun
|| ||½-½||65||2016||Chinese Championship||E00 Queen's Pawn Game|
|4. Yinglun Xu vs Wang Chen
|| ||½-½||32||2016||Chinese Championship||E46 Nimzo-Indian|
|5. R Gao vs Zhou Weiqi
|| ||½-½||37||2016||Chinese Championship||C92 Ruy Lopez, Closed|
|6. R Gao vs Wen Yang
|| ||½-½||31||2016||Chinese Championship||C67 Ruy Lopez|
|7. Wei Yi vs J Bai
||1-0||47||2016||Chinese Championship||A11 English, Caro-Kann Defensive System|
|8. Xu Jun vs Yinglun Xu
||1-0||21||2016||Chinese Championship||D37 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|9. Wang Chen vs Zeng Chongsheng
|| ||½-½||57||2016||Chinese Championship||A45 Queen's Pawn Game|
|10. Lu Shanglei vs Zhou Jianchao
|| ||½-½||61||2016||Chinese Championship||B03 Alekhine's Defense|
|11. Zhao Jun vs Zhou Weiqi
|| ||1-0||61||2016||Chinese Championship||C78 Ruy Lopez|
|12. Zhou Jianchao vs Zhao Jun
|| ||½-½||71||2016||Chinese Championship||E94 King's Indian, Orthodox|
|13. Zhao Jun vs Lu Shanglei
|| ||½-½||41||2016||Chinese Championship||B52 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack|
|14. Zhou Jianchao vs Wang Chen
|| ||1-0||53||2016||Chinese Championship||A28 English|
|15. Zeng Chongsheng vs Xu Jun
|| ||1-0||35||2016||Chinese Championship||B23 Sicilian, Closed|
|16. Yinglun Xu vs Wei Yi
|| ||½-½||34||2016||Chinese Championship||D85 Grunfeld|
|17. J Bai vs R Gao
|| ||½-½||36||2016||Chinese Championship||D11 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav|
|18. Zhou Weiqi vs Wen Yang
|| ||1-0||52||2016||Chinese Championship||D43 Queen's Gambit Declined Semi-Slav|
|19. Wen Yang vs J Bai
|| ||½-½||37||2016||Chinese Championship||A49 King's Indian, Fianchetto without c4|
|20. Lu Shanglei vs Zhou Weiqi
|| ||½-½||14||2016||Chinese Championship||C92 Ruy Lopez, Closed|
|21. Wei Yi vs Zeng Chongsheng
|| ||1-0||48||2016||Chinese Championship||B18 Caro-Kann, Classical|
|22. Wang Chen vs Zhao Jun
|| ||½-½||52||2016||Chinese Championship||B51 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack|
|23. Xu Jun vs Zhou Jianchao
|| ||½-½||30||2016||Chinese Championship||E11 Bogo-Indian Defense|
|24. R Gao vs Yinglun Xu
||0-1||34||2016||Chinese Championship||B94 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|25. Zhou Weiqi vs J Bai
|| ||½-½||71||2016||Chinese Championship||D02 Queen's Pawn Game|
| page 1 of 3; games 1-25 of 66
|Apr-17-16|| ||UrVileWedge: I haven't really been following the Chinese chess scene, but is there a reason Bu Xiangzhi isn't playing? I would have thought he'd easily be strong enough to qualify.|
|Apr-17-16|| ||Penguincw: Weird to see a lot of top Chinese players absent. I know Li Chao is at Norway, so he can't play, but not sure about others.|
Should still be a great tournament nonetheless.
|Apr-17-16|| ||dumbgai: Ding Liren: match with Wesley So
Li Chao: Norway
Yu Yangyi: probably busy with school
Wang Hao: inactive/retired
Wang Yue: unknown
Bu Xiangzhi: unknown
Hou Yifan: school
|Apr-18-16|| ||Doniez: Wang Hao played until last Friday 4/15 the Chinese league, scoring 3,5/4|
|Apr-18-16|| ||starry2013: I thought Li Chao was banned from Chinese events for now anyway?|
|Apr-18-16|| ||sonia91: Wang Hao also is busy with school, I think: in a recent interview with Chessbase he said he needs a break from chess and focus on university in order to complete his masters degree.|
|Apr-19-16|| ||Mr. V: Why would Li Chao be banned? Maybe I'm out of the loop but I've never heard anything like that.|
|Apr-19-16|| ||sonia91: <Mr V> He had a dispute with a sponsor of a Beijing club.
(see "China chess league" section)
|Apr-21-16|| ||dumbgai: Wei Yi finally appears to be back in form. With a good showing he could return to 2700+.|
|Apr-21-16|| ||AzingaBonzer: After yesterday's win against Zhao Jun, his living rating is at 2698.8. One more win today and he'll be back over.|
|Apr-23-16|| ||HeMateMe: I thought Yifan was competing in this event, these days. Is her rating not high enough to qualify?|
|Apr-24-16|| ||Eduardo Leon: <HeMateMe> If I recall correctly, she said she would finish her degree in fall or winter (I don't remember which). So she might be busy with that. If she weren't busy, she in most likelihood wouldn't have withdrawn from the Women's Grand Prix.|
|Apr-25-16|| ||CountryGirl: A certain young player is running a-Wei with this tournament....|
|Apr-26-16|| ||sonia91: Lu Shanglei drew all his games so far, a Chinese Giri? :)|
|Apr-29-16|| ||AzingaBonzer: Congratulations to Wei Yi.|
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC