The second leg of the 2016 Grand Chess Tour was held in Leuven, Belgium, from June 17 to June 20. The tournament consisted of a two-day rapid round-robin and a two-day blitz double-round-robin; in the combined standings, the results of the rapid games counted double (2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss) while blitz games counted normally. Your Next Move, a Belgian nonprofit, organized and sponsored the event. ... [more]
Player: Wesley So
| page 1 of 1; 18 games
| page 1 of 1; 18 games
|Jun-21-16|| ||chancho: Thanks CG.|
|Jun-21-16|| ||catlover: I'm going to show my ignorance here, but what is the difference between "rapid" and "blitz"?|
|Jun-21-16|| ||1971: 25:5 min|
|Jun-21-16|| ||Pulo y Gata: Maxime's energy flagged in this double event after a strong showing in the earlier outing in another venue, but he still produced some very interesting chess here. Here's to hoping he conquers greater heights!|
|Jun-22-16|| ||siamesedream: https://www.arctic.com/secno/magnus...|
|Jun-24-16|| ||Sokrates: <catlover: I'm going to show my ignorance here, but what is the difference between "rapid" and "blitz"?>
In the old days (i.e. when I was in my 20th!) rapids was 25 to 45 minutes each, blitzes always 5 minutes each. Nowadays there are bonuses, I believe, for each move as an addition. IMO the quality of the play is immensely different. Whereas time management is paramount in blitzes, you have decent possibilities to establish a strategy in rapids.|
|Jun-24-16|| ||catlover: <Sokrates> Thanks!|
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any gratuitous name-calling
of any members—including Admin and Owners—or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC