|European Rapid Championship (2016)|
The 2016 European Individual Rapid Championship took place in the Park Inn by Radisson Meriton Conference & Spa Hotel in Tallinn, Estonia from 15-16 December. The 11-round Swiss tournament featured almost 600 players, with Teimour Radjabov the top seed. The prize fund was �20,000, with �4,000 for 1st place. Players had 15 minutes for all moves, with a 10-second increment starting from move 1. The tournament also marked the centenary of Estonian chess legend Paul Keres. (1)
Official site: http://www.maleliit.ee/eurapid2016. Crosstable: http://www.chess-results.com/tnr245...
Next edition: European Rapid Championship (2017)
(1) chess24: European Rapid Championship https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-t...
| page 1 of 18; games 1-25 of 440
|1. R Castellanos Rodriguez vs M Munoz Pantoja
|| ||0-1||29||2016||European Rapid Championship||A37 English, Symmetrical|
|2. Grigoriants vs R Mamedov
|| ||0-1||33||2016||European Rapid Championship||B31 Sicilian, Rossolimo Variation|
|3. Ponomariov vs S Novikov
|| ||1-0||53||2016||European Rapid Championship||B40 Sicilian|
|4. M Kobalia vs R Wojtaszek
|| ||½-½||67||2016||European Rapid Championship||B51 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack|
|5. D Andreikin vs D Anton Guijarro
|| ||½-½||43||2016||European Rapid Championship||C78 Ruy Lopez|
|6. Fedor Polyakov vs A Jankovic
|| ||0-1||54||2016||European Rapid Championship||A54 Old Indian, Ukrainian Variation, 4.Nf3|
|7. Z Kozul vs V Chernyak
|| ||1-0||76||2016||European Rapid Championship||E06 Catalan, Closed, 5.Nf3|
|8. T Luukkonen vs J Stocek
|| ||0-1||19||2016||European Rapid Championship||E32 Nimzo-Indian, Classical|
|9. P Potapov vs R Picard
|| ||1-0||56||2016||European Rapid Championship||C41 Philidor Defense|
|10. L Rogule vs N Meskovs
|| ||0-1||46||2016||European Rapid Championship||E17 Queen's Indian|
|11. A Zubritskiy vs Khalifman
|| ||0-1||39||2016||European Rapid Championship||A40 Queen's Pawn Game|
|12. M Boe vs M Chigaev
|| ||½-½||67||2016||European Rapid Championship||D02 Queen's Pawn Game|
|13. N Grandelius vs M Mustaps
|| ||½-½||51||2016||European Rapid Championship||B50 Sicilian|
|14. A Bernotas vs Potkin
|| ||0-1||64||2016||European Rapid Championship||A07 King's Indian Attack|
|15. K Sychev vs Shirov
|| ||0-1||29||2016||European Rapid Championship||C78 Ruy Lopez|
|16. V Zakhartsov vs S Halkias
|| ||½-½||31||2016||European Rapid Championship||C85 Ruy Lopez, Exchange Variation Doubly Deferred (DERLD)|
|17. Khalifman vs M Narmontas
|| ||½-½||50||2016||European Rapid Championship||A90 Dutch|
|18. A Pavlidis vs D Zagorskis
|| ||½-½||87||2016||European Rapid Championship||C41 Philidor Defense|
|19. Potkin vs Kanep
|| ||½-½||57||2016||European Rapid Championship||E94 King's Indian, Orthodox|
|20. P Ponkratov vs Z Kozul
|| ||1-0||64||2016||European Rapid Championship||A15 English|
|21. Paulius Pultinevicius vs M Bartel
|| ||0-1||47||2016||European Rapid Championship||A07 King's Indian Attack|
|22. A Jankovic vs E Alekseev
|| ||½-½||35||2016||European Rapid Championship||D38 Queen's Gambit Declined, Ragozin Variation|
|23. J Stocek vs F Vallejo Pons
|| ||0-1||26||2016||European Rapid Championship||C16 French, Winawer|
|24. Leko vs P Potapov
|| ||1-0||45||2016||European Rapid Championship||B01 Scandinavian|
|25. N Meskovs vs I V Kovalenko
|| ||½-½||137||2016||European Rapid Championship||E15 Queen's Indian|
| page 1 of 18; games 1-25 of 440
|Dec-23-16|| ||Sokrates: If I am right Wojtaszek rated # 18 is the highest ranking player, so the winner can hardly be regarded as the European champion. Regardless, there are some very strong GMs in this tournament.|
|Dec-24-16|| ||siggemannen: Nice to see Rjazantsev getting back to form after a few non-years|
|Aug-06-17|| ||Tabanus: Two wrong game results have been duly corrected. There are some missing games by the 30 best placed players, incl. Smolin - Matlakov 0-1 (rd. 4), Jovanovic - Ponomariov 0-1 (rd. 4), Potkin - Ovod 1-0 (rd. 3), Wege - Kovalenko 0-1 (rd. 3), two games by Motylev, etc.|
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC