|World Senior Teams Championship (65+) (2017)|
Played in Hersonissos, Crete, Greece 24 April - 2 May 2017. Official site: http://wstcc-crete.com/. The winner was Russia (Sveshnikov, Vasiukov, Balashov, Zhelnin, Pushkov), ahead of France (Vaisser, Sharif, Seret, Giffard, Letzelter) and Sweden (Renman, Uddenfeldt, Hedin, Malmdin, Hammar). Chief arbiter: Sotirios Logothetis. Crosstable: http://chess-results.com/tnr266874....
See also World Senior Teams Championship (50+) (2017).
| page 1 of 9; games 1-25 of 212
|1. J Just vs Sveshnikov
|| ||0-1||14||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||D02 Queen's Pawn Game|
|2. N Renman vs I Jones
|| ||½-½||49||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||E11 Bogo-Indian Defense|
|3. J D Thornton vs Uddenfeldt
|| ||0-1||26||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||B08 Pirc, Classical|
|4. N A Malmdin vs J Waterfield
|| ||1-0||45||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||B92 Sicilian, Najdorf, Opocensky Variation|
|5. R Van Kemenade vs Gunnar Hedin
|| ||0-1||57||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||A07 King's Indian Attack|
|6. P Giulian vs C Werner
|| ||½-½||39||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||A54 Old Indian, Ukrainian Variation, 4.Nf3|
|7. S A Salov vs Alan Scrimgour
|| ||1-0||40||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||B47 Sicilian, Taimanov (Bastrikov) Variation|
|8. D McKerracher vs B Baum
|| ||0-1||32||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||B25 Sicilian, Closed|
|9. G Haubt vs J J Webster
|| ||1-0||32||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||B31 Sicilian, Rossolimo Variation|
|10. B Malisov vs T Thynne
|| ||1-0||65||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||B23 Sicilian, Closed|
|11. D Reynolds vs L Lederman
|| ||½-½||29||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||B22 Sicilian, Alapin|
|12. M Berkovich vs B Hewson
|| ||1-0||33||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||B10 Caro-Kann|
|13. Balashov vs Joachim Hollstein
|| ||1-0||65||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||B12 Caro-Kann Defense|
|14. F Baumbach vs V Zhelnin
|| ||0-1||40||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||A42 Modern Defense, Averbakh System|
|15. Pushkov vs Hartmut Mai
|| ||1-0||53||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||D37 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|16. M Sharif vs Kolbak
|| ||0-1||49||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||A05 Reti Opening|
|17. P Olesen vs J L Seret
|| ||0-1||41||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||C41 Philidor Defense|
|18. N Giffard vs A B Jorgensen
|| ||½-½||43||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||A80 Dutch|
|19. S J Mortensen vs J C Letzelter
|| ||0-1||66||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||E08 Catalan, Closed|
|20. J E Scholes vs N Birnboim
|| ||0-1||28||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||A13 English|
|21. A I Carlsson vs S A Salov
|| ||½-½||27||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||A07 King's Indian Attack|
|22. B Baum vs H Wademark
|| ||1-0||49||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||A06 Reti Opening|
|23. S Svensson vs G Haubt
|| ||½-½||44||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||D07 Queen's Gambit Declined, Chigorin Defense|
|24. A Stebbings vs Vaisser
|| ||½-½||49||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||B33 Sicilian|
|25. J L Seret vs M Stokes
|| ||1-0||51||2017||World Senior Teams Championship (65+)||A35 English, Symmetrical|
| page 1 of 9; games 1-25 of 212
There is no kibitzing for this page, yet.
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any gratuitous name-calling
of any members—including Admin and Owners—or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC