|World Rapid Championship (2019)|
The 2019 King Salman FIDE World Rapid Championship was a 15-round Swiss open held at Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Russia, 26-28 December, with the participation of 158 GM's, including defending champion Daniil Dubov. The prize fund was $350,000, with $60,000 to the winner. Time control: 15 minutes per player for all moves, with 10 seconds added per move from move one. If there was a tie for 1st place, the top two players according to the first eligible tie-break criterion would compete in a play-off match consisting of two 3+2 blitz games. If the score was still level, the players would play a sudden death or Armageddon game (in which the player with the white pieces would get 5 minutes to Black's 4, with a 2-second increment after move 60, while a draw counted as a win for Black). No players with baseball caps, t-shirts, jeans, shorts, sneakers or inappropriate dress were allowed in the playing area. No penalty was imposed on a player if he was late for any of his games. Chief arbiter: Panagiotis Nikolopoulos.
Magnus Carlsen took his 3rd title with 11.5/15.
Official site: https://wrbc2019.com/
Previous: World Rapid Championship (2018). See also World Rapid Championship (Women) (2019), World Blitz Championship (2019) and World Blitz Championship (Women) (2019)
| page 1 of 61; games 1-25 of 1,517
|1. Carlsen vs A Utegaliyev
||1-0||26||2019||World Rapid Championship||B01 Scandinavian|
|2. R Castellanos Rodriguez vs M Vachier-Lagrave
|| ||½-½||37||2019||World Rapid Championship||B51 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack|
|3. Nakamura vs K Sychev
|| ||1-0||48||2019||World Rapid Championship||C70 Ruy Lopez|
|4. A Tari vs A Korobov
|| ||½-½||35||2019||World Rapid Championship||B51 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack|
|5. Grischuk vs M Bluebaum
|| ||1-0||50||2019||World Rapid Championship||C11 French|
|6. E Gasanov vs Aronian
|| ||0-1||43||2019||World Rapid Championship||E46 Nimzo-Indian|
|7. V Fedoseev vs Potkin
|| ||½-½||50||2019||World Rapid Championship||D85 Grunfeld|
|8. S P Sethuraman vs V Artemiev
|| ||½-½||37||2019||World Rapid Championship||D27 Queen's Gambit Accepted, Classical|
|9. L Dominguez vs R Jumabayev
|| ||½-½||57||2019||World Rapid Championship||C11 French|
|10. V Nozdrachev vs Kamsky
|| ||0-1||45||2019||World Rapid Championship||B06 Robatsch|
|11. D Dubov vs K Piorun
|| ||1-0||44||2019||World Rapid Championship||A21 English|
|12. R Ruck vs Mamedyarov
|| ||0-1||48||2019||World Rapid Championship||A15 English|
|13. J K Duda vs M Vavulin
|| ||1-0||54||2019||World Rapid Championship||A25 English|
|14. M Bartel vs Karjakin
|| ||0-1||34||2019||World Rapid Championship||A29 English, Four Knights, Kingside Fianchetto|
|15. D Andreikin vs S Novikov
|| ||1-0||45||2019||World Rapid Championship||B43 Sicilian, Kan, 5.Nc3|
|16. Nikita Petrov vs Jakovenko
|| ||0-1||47||2019||World Rapid Championship||A20 English|
|17. Wang Hao vs A Rychagov
|| ||1-0||35||2019||World Rapid Championship||C10 French|
|18. I Rozum vs A Giri
|| ||0-1||43||2019||World Rapid Championship||A28 English|
|19. Yu Yangyi vs B Gundavaa
|| ||1-0||33||2019||World Rapid Championship||B90 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|20. J Geller vs I Nepomniachtchi
|| ||0-1||53||2019||World Rapid Championship||B51 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack|
|21. Le Quang Liem vs R Khusnutdinov
|| ||1-0||38||2019||World Rapid Championship||E60 King's Indian Defense|
|22. A Triapishko vs Svidler
|| ||½-½||30||2019||World Rapid Championship||A04 Reti Opening|
|23. M Matlakov vs Sakaev
|| ||1-0||46||2019||World Rapid Championship||A11 English, Caro-Kann Defensive System|
|24. M Atabayev vs R Wojtaszek
|| ||1-0||34||2019||World Rapid Championship||B51 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack|
|25. T L Petrosian vs D Frolyanov
|| ||½-½||37||2019||World Rapid Championship||A07 King's Indian Attack|
| page 1 of 61; games 1-25 of 1,517
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any gratuitous name-calling
of any members—including Admin and Owners—or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC