|Prague Chess Festival (Challengers) (2020)|
A 10-player round robin, headed by Nijat Abasov, Jorden van Foreest, and Andrey Esipenko, the Challengers section of the 2nd Prague International Chess Festival, a Cat. XIV event, took place between 2020 Feb 12-21, in hotel Don Giovanni, Prague.
The players received 90 minutes for the first 40 moves, followed by 30 minutes for the rest of the game, with an increment of 30 seconds per move, starting from move one. No draw offers were allowed before move 30.
In case of a tie for first place, placing would have been determined by: 1. Mutual result(s) 2. SB 3. More number of games with Black 4. Drawing of lots.
See also: Prague Chess Festival (Masters) (2020)
Previous: Prague Chess Festival (Challengers) (2019)
Official site: http://praguechessfestival.com/
| page 1 of 2; games 1-25 of 45
|1. M Bartel vs A Esipenko
|| ||½-½||31||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||C77 Ruy Lopez|
|2. J Krejci vs L Cernousek
|| ||½-½||46||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||C01 French, Exchange|
|3. Thai Dai Van Nguyen vs N Abasov
|| ||½-½||46||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||A37 English, Symmetrical|
|4. K Piorun vs J van Foreest
|| ||½-½||52||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||B92 Sicilian, Najdorf, Opocensky Variation|
|5. Stefansson vs T Kriebel
|| ||1-0||48||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||B47 Sicilian, Taimanov (Bastrikov) Variation|
|6. Thai Dai Van Nguyen vs J Krejci
|| ||½-½||45||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||A14 English|
|7. T Kriebel vs K Piorun
|| ||0-1||53||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||E91 King's Indian|
|8. L Cernousek vs M Bartel
|| ||½-½||49||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||C47 Four Knights|
|9. N Abasov vs J van Foreest
|| ||½-½||30||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||E62 King's Indian, Fianchetto|
|10. A Esipenko vs Stefansson
|| ||½-½||30||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||E20 Nimzo-Indian|
|11. J van Foreest vs T Kriebel
|| ||½-½||41||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||D02 Queen's Pawn Game|
|12. J Krejci vs N Abasov
|| ||½-½||34||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||E21 Nimzo-Indian, Three Knights|
|13. Stefansson vs L Cernousek
|| ||1-0||51||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||C11 French|
|14. M Bartel vs Thai Dai Van Nguyen
|| ||½-½||46||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||D30 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|15. K Piorun vs A Esipenko
|| ||0-1||64||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||C78 Ruy Lopez|
|16. Thai Dai Van Nguyen vs Stefansson
|| ||½-½||46||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||C43 Petrov, Modern Attack|
|17. L Cernousek vs K Piorun
|| ||½-½||75||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||B40 Sicilian|
|18. A Esipenko vs J van Foreest
|| ||½-½||30||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||D26 Queen's Gambit Accepted|
|19. J Krejci vs M Bartel
|| ||0-1||43||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||D37 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|20. N Abasov vs T Kriebel
|| ||1-0||37||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||A18 English, Mikenas-Carls|
|21. T Kriebel vs A Esipenko
|| ||0-1||35||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||E04 Catalan, Open, 5.Nf3|
|22. J van Foreest vs L Cernousek
|| ||½-½||39||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||C11 French|
|23. M Bartel vs N Abasov
|| ||1-0||36||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||E01 Catalan, Closed|
|24. K Piorun vs Thai Dai Van Nguyen
|| ||½-½||22||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||C67 Ruy Lopez|
|25. Stefansson vs J Krejci
|| ||1-0||33||2020||Prague Chess Festival (Challengers)||C92 Ruy Lopez, Closed|
| page 1 of 2; games 1-25 of 45
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any gratuitous name-calling
of any members—including Admin and Owners—or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC