|DrGridlock: This game is #60 in Nimzovich's "Chess Praxis." Viktor Moskalenko also comments on the game in "Revolutionize your Chess." Moskalenko gives his comments and Nimzovich's to illustrate differences in approaches to chess theory. After White's move 22 Re1:
Nimzovich: "The correct move was Bxd5. After the text move things go downhill fast."
Moskalenko, "Despite this tactical slip things are still unclear. The correct move was 22 Nf3 with a balanced position."|
click for larger view
Analysis by Komodo32 3 32bit (depth = 24):
1. ² (0.36): 22.Qh4 Rf8 23.Nf3 Nxf4 24.Qxf4 Bb7 25.h4 h6 26.Bd3 Rd8 27.Qe3 Rd7 28.h5 g5 29.Rc4 a5 30.Rd4 Qc8 31.Bh7+ Kh8 32.Bc2 Rxd4 33.Qxd4 axb4 34.Qd3 Qg8 35.Rxb4 Rd8
2. = (0.25): 22.Nf3 Nxf4 23.Qxf4 h6 24.h4 Bb7 25.a4 Rd7 26.Be2 Rd5 27.Rc5 Qc7 28.Bc4 Rxc5 29.bxc5 Rd8 30.Qe4 a5 31.h5 g5 32.Qe3 Rd7 33.g4 Qb8 34.Kg2 Qd8 35.Qc3 Kh8
3. = (0.14): 22.Re1 Nxf4 23.Qxf4 Bxe5 24.Rxe5 Rxd2 25.Qxd2 Qxe5 26.Re1 Qf6 27.Rd1 Kg7 28.Qd6 Qc3 29.Bf1 e5 30.Rd3 Qa1 31.Qxc6 Bf5 32.Qc3 Qxc3 33.Rxc3 Rb8 34.a3 Rb6 35.Rc5 e4 36.g3 Rd6 37.Bc4 Bg4
4. = (0.11): 22.Qg5 Bb7 23.Bg3 h6 24.Qh4 Ne3 25.Ne4 Nf5 26.Nf6+ Kh8 27.Qe4 Qc7 28.Qe1 Rd4 29.f4 Rad8 30.Ne4 Nxg3 31.hxg3 Bf8 32.Bf1 Be7 33.a3 a5 34.bxa5 Bxa3 35.Rc2 c5 36.Nd6 Bb4 37.Qe3
5. = (0.00): 22.Bxd5 cxd5 23.a3 Bd7 24.Nb3 Bb5 25.Qe3 Bc4 26.h3 Qa7 27.Nd4 Re8 28.Rc2 Rac8 29.Bg5 Bf8 30.Bf6 Qb6 31.Rd2 Rc7 32.Rbb2 a5 33.b5 Rec8 34.Rd1
Nimzovich is not correct that Bxd5 is the "correct move" (instead of Re1).
Moskalenko is not correct that the correct move is Nf3 (Qh4 plays better for white).
In any event, the 22'nd move was not a game determining move. White's problems come later.