chessgames.com
Members · Prefs · Laboratory · Collections · Openings · Endgames · Sacrifices · History · Search Kibitzing · Kibitzer's Café · Chessforums · Tournament Index · Players · Kibitzing
Emanuel Lasker vs William Pollock / NN
Consultation simul, 6b (1892) (exhibition), Baltimore, MD USA, Nov-30
Spanish Game: General (C60)  ·  1-0

ANALYSIS [x]

FEN COPIED

Get this game explained with Decode Chess
explore this opening
find similar games 1,441 more games of Lasker
sac: 29.Rxh7+ PGN: download | view | print Help: general | java-troubleshooting

TIP: As you play through the game, you can get the FEN code for any position by right-clicking on the board and choosing "Copy Position (EPD)". Copy and paste the FEN into a post to display a diagram.

PGN Viewer:  What is this?
For help with this chess viewer, please see the Olga Chess Viewer Quickstart Guide.
PREMIUM MEMBERS CAN REQUEST COMPUTER ANALYSIS [more info]

Kibitzer's Corner
Jun-20-08  Whitehat1963: I wonder how Rybka, Zappa, Fritz, Junior, Fruit, et. al. would evaluate the position after 11...Be7. Seriously.
Jun-20-08  Whitehat1963: Why on earth not play 19...cxb5? What am I missing?
Jun-20-08
Premium Chessgames Member
  whiteshark: <What am I missing?> Enthusiasm ?/!
Jun-20-08
Premium Chessgames Member
  whiteshark: More seriously <20.Nd5! Qd8 21.N3f4!> with the threat of 22.Qe6+.
Nov-04-09  vonKrolock: A single victory for black with Pollock's <Anti-Exchange-Variation Defense>

[Event "Niedersachsen-ch U10"]
[Site "Rotenburg"]
[Date "2003.04.12"]
[Round "5"]
[White "Soellig,Viktor Ferdinand"]
[Black "Kingerter,Kjell"]
[Result "0-1"]
[Eco "C60"]
1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 Na5 4.Nxe5 Nf6 5.Nc3 Bb4 6.d3 c6 7.Ba4 b5 8.Bb3 0-0 9.Bxf7+ Kh8 10.Qf3 h6 11.Qf5 d6 12.Ng6+ Kh7 13.Nxf8+ Kh8 14.0-0 Bxf5 15.Bxh6 0-1

U-10 !? - oh, well

Oct-02-12  master of defence: Interesting it, What white can play after 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 Na5 4.Nxe5 Qg5?
Nov-07-14  TheFocus: Simul versus consulting teams in Baltimore on November 30. Pollock's partners are not known.

Lasker scored +6=0-0.

Nov-12-14  Ke2: Lasker misses a mate in a simul. 24. Ng6 hxg6 25. Qh3+ Kg8 26. Qe6+, followed by Rf3, Rh3 game over.
Apr-15-17  chessgame901: good game
Mar-18-22
Premium Chessgames Member
  Messiah: <Whitehat1963: I wonder how Rybka, Zappa, Fritz, Junior, Fruit, et. al. would evaluate the position after 11...Be7. Seriously.>

Here you are, Stockfish 150322 static eval: https://pastebin.com/9S15v2Td

Now I am starting a search on the position, will post the result either in a several hours or tomorow.

Mar-19-22
Premium Chessgames Member
  Messiah: Stopped. The principal variation is:

<info depth 69 seldepth 92 multipv 1 score cp 263 wdl 966 34 0 nodes 1427880449859 nps 16428228 hashfull 1000 tbhits 2675570 time 86916274 pv b2b4 a5b7 e1d3 b7d8 f2f4 e5d4 e3d4 e8g8 f4f5 g6e5 d3f4 c7b7 b4b5 c6b5 e2b5 d8c6 d4f2 c8d7 f1b1 a8e8 a3a4 e7d8 d2d6 d8e7 d6d2 g8h8 h2h3 c6b4 b5d7 b7d7 d2d7 e5d7 c3b5 f8g8 c2c3 b4c6 f4e6 e8b8 b5c7 g8c8 c7d5 h7h6 a1a2 d7e5 f2g3 e7d6 b1d1 d6c5 g1f1 b8b7 f1e2 e5f7 g3f4 h8h7 a2b2 c6a5 b2b1 a5c4 a4a5 c4a5 d5c7 c5f8 d1d7 f7g5 e2d3 a5c6 h3h4 g5e6 f5e6 f8c5 h4h5 bestmove b2b4 ponder a5b7>

That means at depth 69 the Fish thinks the evaluation is 2.63, with 96.6% apparent chance of White is winning and 3.4% for a draw.

NOTE: Create an account today to post replies and access other powerful features which are available only to registered users. Becoming a member is free, anonymous, and takes less than 1 minute! If you already have a username, then simply login login under your username now to join the discussion.

Please observe our posting guidelines:

  1. No obscene, racist, sexist, or profane language.
  2. No spamming, advertising, duplicate, or gibberish posts.
  3. No vitriolic or systematic personal attacks against other members.
  4. Nothing in violation of United States law.
  5. No cyberstalking or malicious posting of negative or private information (doxing/doxxing) of members.
  6. No trolling.
  7. The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by moderators, create a false impression of consensus or support, or stage conversations, is prohibited.
  8. Do not degrade Chessgames or any of it's staff/volunteers.

Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.

Blow the Whistle

See something that violates our rules? Blow the whistle and inform a moderator.


NOTE: Please keep all discussion on-topic. This forum is for this specific game only. To discuss chess or this site in general, visit the Kibitzer's Café.

Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors.
All moderator actions taken are ultimately at the sole discretion of the administration.

This game is type: EXHIBITION. Please report incorrect or missing information by submitting a correction slip to help us improve the quality of our content.

<This page contains Editor Notes. Click here to read them.>

Featured in the Following Game Collections[what is this?]
Normal: nkd
from Game collection: K by c65win
C60 Spanish Game
from C60_66_67_84_92 Spanish Game-Ruy Lopez by osmanseza
Greatest Chess Legends
by Orhtej
bengalcat47's favorite games5
by bengalcat47
-ER Lasker
by fredthebear

Home | About | Login | Logout | F.A.Q. | Profile | Preferences | Premium Membership | Kibitzer's Café | Biographer's Bistro | New Kibitzing | Chessforums | Tournament Index | Player Directory | Notable Games | World Chess Championships | Opening Explorer | Guess the Move | Game Collections | ChessBookie Game | Chessgames Challenge | Store | Privacy Notice | Contact Us

Copyright 2001-2021, Chessgames Services LLC