Number of games in database: 195
Years covered: 2008 to 2019
Last FIDE rating: 2630 (2570 rapid, 2602 blitz)
Highest rating achieved in database: 2645
+66 -24 =104 (60.8 %)*
* Overall winning percentage = (wins+draws/2) / total games in the database.
1 exhibition game, blitz/rapid, odds game, etc. is excluded from this statistic.
NOTABLE GAMES: [ what is this?] Qun Ma vs Liu Qingnan, 2017 1-0
M Atabayev vs Qun Ma, 2013 0-1
Ponomariov vs Qun Ma, 2014 1/2-1/2
Qun Ma vs S K Mousavi, 2014 1-0
C Strugnell vs Qun Ma, 2013 0-1
Yifan Hou vs Qun Ma, 2014 0-1
Zhou Jianchao vs Qun Ma, 2014 1/2-1/2
Zhao Jun vs Qun Ma, 2012 0-1
Wei Chao Chu vs Qun Ma, 2016 0-1
Qun Ma vs V Rasulov, 2008 1-0
NOTABLE TOURNAMENTS: [ what is this?] Universiade (2013)
New Zealand Open (2016)
Chinese Championship (2013)
Hastings 2013/14 (2013)
Chinese Championship (2014)
Asian Nations Cup (2014)
Asian Continental Chess Championship (2012)
Chinese Chess League (2017)
Chinese Chess League (2016)
RECENT GAMES: 🏆
ch-CHN Rapid Qun Ma vs Hengyi Zhu (Dec-17-19) 1-0, rapid I Cheparinov vs Qun Ma (Aug-21-19) 1/2-1/2 Qun Ma vs Zeng Chongsheng (Jul-27-19) 1-0 Qun Ma vs Wei Yi (Jun-27-19) 1/2-1/2 Yan Liu vs Qun Ma (Jun-26-19) 0-1
Search Sacrifice Explorer for Qun Ma
Search Google for Qun Ma
FIDE player card for Qun Ma
QUN MA (born 1991) China
[ what is this?]
Qun Ma (马群) won his first GM norm when he scored 6.5 in the first 9 rounds of the 2nd Chairman Prospero A. Pichay at Subic in June 2011, going on to score 7/10 and equal 4th at that event. His 2nd GM norm came at
10th Asian Individual Championships (2011), when his 5.5/9 was sufficient to win a 20 game GM norm and the title of grandmaster.
He tied for 1st at the
Universiade (2013) and his incredible 7/7 performance at the Asian Nations Cup (2014) helped secure China 1st place. Last updated: 2017-01-19 05:15:40
page 1 of 9; games 1-25 of 201
Moves Year Event/Locale Opening
1. Qun Ma vs Le Quang Liem 1-0 33 2008 Open 18-wycc B51 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack
2. P Karthikeyan vs Qun Ma ½-½ 43 2008 Open 18-wycc D18 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav, Dutch
3. A Klimov vs Qun Ma ½-½ 45 2008 Open 18-wycc D12 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav
4. Qun Ma vs L Paichadze ½-½ 31 2008 Open 18-wycc B12 Caro-Kann Defense
5. Toufighi vs Qun Ma 1-0 48 2008 Open 18-wycc B40 Sicilian
6. Qun Ma vs Muzenda Solo 1-0 31 2008 Open 18-wycc B77 Sicilian, Dragon, Yugoslav Attack
7. Qun Ma vs A Delorme 1-0 28 2008 Open 18-wycc C01 French, Exchange
8. D Ludwig vs Qun Ma ½-½ 38 2008 Open 18-wycc B50 Sicilian
9. Qun Ma vs V Rasulov 1-0 32 2008 Open 18-wycc B81 Sicilian, Scheveningen, Keres Attack
10. J Tomczak vs Qun Ma ½-½ 93 2008 Open 18-wycc B84 Sicilian, Scheveningen
11. Qun Ma vs M Matlakov ½-½ 30 2008 Open 18-wycc B18 Caro-Kann, Classical
12. Yu Yangyi vs Qun Ma 1-0 61 2009 XingQiu Open B81 Sicilian, Scheveningen, Keres Attack
13. Wei Yi vs Qun Ma ½-½ 39 2009 XingQiu Open B84 Sicilian, Scheveningen
14. Qun Ma vs N Dzagnidze ½-½ 79 2009 XingQiu Open B44 Sicilian
15. Qun Ma vs Zhou Weiqi ½-½ 22 2009 XingQiu Open C01 French, Exchange
16. R Wang vs Qun Ma ½-½ 26 2009 XingQiu Open D10 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav
17. Zhang Xiaowen vs Qun Ma 1-0 33 2009 XingQiu Open B54 Sicilian
18. Zeng Chongsheng vs Qun Ma ½-½ 52 2010 TCh-CHN D45 Queen's Gambit Declined Semi-Slav
19. Motylev vs Qun Ma 1-0 43 2010 TCh-CHN B80 Sicilian, Scheveningen
20. Qun Ma vs Wang Chen 1-0 25 2011 Chinese League B42 Sicilian, Kan
21. Yu Ruiyuan vs Qun Ma 1-0 23 2011 Chinese League B81 Sicilian, Scheveningen, Keres Attack
22. Qun Ma vs Le Quang Liem 0-1 33 2011 Chinese League B52 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack
23. Qun Ma vs Zhou Jianchao ½-½ 30 2011 Chinese League B92 Sicilian, Najdorf, Opocensky Variation
24. R Gao vs Qun Ma ½-½ 53 2011 Chinese League B96 Sicilian, Najdorf
25. Qun Ma vs Xu Jun ½-½ 38 2011 Chinese League B81 Sicilian, Scheveningen, Keres Attack
page 1 of 9; games 1-25 of 201
Jun-06-11 : rock-solid games by untitled Ma Qun (2427), so far 2/3 against GMs in Pichay Cup.. wordfunph http://chess-results.com/tnr50865.a...
soon to be a GM?
Oct-02-11 : untitled Ma Qun (2455) caught another big fish --- GM Ding Liren (2660) in the 2nd round of Qin Huangdao Open.. wordfunph http://chess-results.com/tnr57319.a...
Oct-02-11 : Here is a pic of this 'dangerous' guy:
Oct-02-11 : wordfunph <plimko> thanks!
indeed dangerous-looking GM-killer Ma Qun :)
Oct-03-11 : I wouldn't mess with Ma Qun, or even Pa Qun, for that matter. HeMateMe
Oct-03-11 : Ma Qun with black halved the point with GM Zhou Jianchao (2628).. wordfunph http://chess-results.com/tnr57319.a...
next stop: GM Nguyen Ngoc Truongson (2644)
May-01-12 : Fabulous Ma Qun!
[Event "Chinese Chess League 2012"]
[White "Motylev, Alexander"]
[Black "Ma, Qun"]
1. e4 e5 2. Nc3 Nc6 3. f4 exf4 4. Nf3 g5 5. h4 g4 6. Ng1 d6 7. d4 Bh6 8. Nge2
f3 9. Nf4 Nf6 10. Qd3 $146 (10. gxf3) 10... Bd7 11. a3 Rg8 12. Ne6 fxe6 13.
Bxh6 e5 14. d5 Nd4 15. O-O-O Nh5 16. Bg5 Rxg5 17. hxg5 Qxg5+ 18. Qd2 Qg6 19.
gxf3 g3 20. Bg2 Nf4 21. Kb1 O-O-O 22. Rh4 Rf8 23. Rdh1 h5 24. b3 b6 25. Kb2
Nxg2 26. Qxg2 Rxf3 27. Nd1 Bg4 28. Re1 Qg5 29. Rhh1 h4 30. Ref1 Kb7 31. Rhg1 h3
May-14-12 : a resounding GM norm for untitled 20-year-old Ma Qun in ACC! wordfunph http://chess-results.com/tnr70397.a...
Nov-17-12 : BIDMONFA Qun Ma
Apr-16-13 : In checking elsewhere on the web, I see that his family name is Ma. Wild Bill
Pleas file him under M.
Jun-12-13 : Yes, his family name is Ma, the given name is Qun. All the Chinese will call him Ma Qun, not Qun Ma. alexapple
May-29-14 : notyetagm Qun Ma
<7/7(!)> at the <2014 ASIAN NATIONS CUP> Asian Nations Cup (2014)/Qun Ma
May-29-14 : WHOA! ketchuplover
Jul-07-14 : According to the FIDE-Card he received the GM-title in 2013. Eastfrisian
Nov-05-14 : He will be a 2800+ player one day, mark my words. DiscoJew
Nov-05-14 : How's yer Ma? HeMateMe
Nov-05-14 : Ma? Ma? Where's yer Pa?
Off to the White House. Ha! Ha! Ha!
Nov-05-14 : Ma is not a Yo Yo. Jim Bartle
Nov-06-14 : Qun Ma? Son of Jack Ma? john barleycorn
Jan-19-17 : Winner of the diagonal <2016 International Open of Sants, Hostafrancs and La Bordeta in Barcelona>, after play-offs: http://www.mundodeportivo.com/otros... (in spanish language)
(in spanish language)
NOTE: Create an account today
to post replies and access other powerful features which are available only to registered users.
Becoming a member is free, anonymous, and takes less than 1 minute! If you already have a username,
then simply login login under your username now to join the discussion.
Please observe our posting guidelines:
No obscene, racist, sexist, or profane language.
No spamming, advertising, duplicate, or gibberish posts.
No vitriolic or systematic personal attacks against other members.
Nothing in violation of United States law.
No cyberstalking or malicious posting of negative or private information (doxing/doxxing) of members.
The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by moderators, create a false impression of consensus or support, or stage conversations, is prohibited.
Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
Please keep all discussion on-topic.
This forum is for this specific player only. To discuss chess or this site in general,
visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members
do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors.
All moderator actions taken are ultimately at the sole discretion of the administration.
Spot an error? Please
suggest your correction
and help us eliminate database mistakes!
Copyright 2001-2021, Chessgames Services LLC