Number of games in database: 475
Years covered: 1993 to 2019
Last FIDE rating: 2611 (2498 rapid, 2510 blitz)
Highest rating achieved in database: 2626
+103 -59 =274 (55.0 %)*
* Overall winning percentage = (wins+draws/2) / total games in the database.
39 exhibition games, blitz/rapid, odds games, etc. are excluded from this statistic.
NOTABLE GAMES: [ what is this?] Efimenko vs A Galkin, 2004 0-1
A Galkin vs E Romanov, 2007 1/2-1/2
S Cao vs A Galkin, 2007 0-1
A Galkin vs G Horvath, 2007 1-0
M Bartel vs A Galkin, 2007 0-1
A Galkin vs Ivanchuk, 2007 1/2-1/2
A Galkin vs C Duncan, 2008 1-0
S Sjugirov vs A Galkin, 2011 1/2-1/2
I Kurnosov vs A Galkin, 2005 0-1
A Galkin vs Motylev, 2008 1-0
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: [ what is this?] FIDE World Championship Knockout Tournament (2004)
NOTABLE TOURNAMENTS: [ what is this?] Russian Championship Higher League (2011)
Russian Championship Higher League (2008)
European Championship (2000)
European Championship (2002)
European Championship (2007)
European Championship (2003)
Russian Championship Higher League (2005)
Russian Championship (1996)
Russian Championship Higher League (2010)
World Cup (2007)
Russian Championship Higher League (2009)
European Club Cup (2007)
European Championship (2008)
Russian Championship Higher League (2006)
RECENT GAMES: 🏆
World Blitz Championship A Galkin vs D Gukesh (Dec-30-19) 1-0, blitz A Galkin vs N Afanasiev (Dec-30-19) 1-0, blitz A Riazantsev vs A Galkin (Dec-30-19) 1/2-1/2, blitz A Galkin vs N Studer (Dec-30-19) 1-0, blitz Sutovsky vs A Galkin (Dec-30-19) 1-0, blitz
Search Sacrifice Explorer for Alexander Galkin
Search Google for Alexander Galkin
FIDE player card for Alexander Galkin
ALEXANDER GALKIN (born Feb-01-1979, 42 years old) Russia
[ what is this?]
In 1997, Alexander Aleksandrovich Galkin was awarded the Grandmaster title. In 1999, he won the World Junior Championship.
Wikipedia article: Alexander Galkin Last updated: 2020-11-22 12:29:35
page 1 of 19; games 1-25 of 475
Moves Year Event/Locale Opening
1. A Galkin vs M Umansky 1-0 26 1993 RUS-sf C84 Ruy Lopez, Closed
2. A Galkin vs A Kochyev 0-1 31 1993 St. Petersburg Open B32 Sicilian
3. Sadvakasov vs A Galkin ½-½ 46 1993 Wch U14 A16 English
4. A Galkin vs Balashov ½-½ 13 1995 Moscow op2 C72 Ruy Lopez, Modern Steinitz Defense, 5.O-O
5. Turov vs A Galkin ½-½ 17 1995 Azov B13 Caro-Kann, Exchange
6. A Galkin vs Razuvaev ½-½ 27 1995 Novgorod Open B42 Sicilian, Kan
7. Dreev vs A Galkin 1-0 42 1996 RUS-chT D10 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav
8. A Stambulian vs A Galkin 1-0 54 1996 Novorossijsk op B42 Sicilian, Kan
9. A Galkin vs Timoshenko ½-½ 80 1996 RUS-Cup1 Chigorin mem B33 Sicilian
10. Y Kruppa vs A Galkin ½-½ 21 1996 RUS-Cup1 Chigorin mem D45 Queen's Gambit Declined Semi-Slav
11. G Kuzmin vs A Galkin ½-½ 23 1996 RUS-Cup1 Chigorin mem B42 Sicilian, Kan
12. Makarov vs A Galkin ½-½ 42 1996 Russian Championship D45 Queen's Gambit Declined Semi-Slav
13. A Galkin vs Filippov ½-½ 84 1996 Russian Championship B33 Sicilian
14. Dreev vs A Galkin 1-0 34 1996 Russian Championship D10 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav
15. A Galkin vs Dvoirys 0-1 67 1996 Russian Championship B92 Sicilian, Najdorf, Opocensky Variation
16. Tiviakov vs A Galkin ½-½ 35 1996 Russian Championship B18 Caro-Kann, Classical
17. Varavin vs A Galkin 0-1 45 1996 Russian Championship B83 Sicilian
18. A Galkin vs S Dyachkov 1-0 40 1996 Russian Championship C19 French, Winawer, Advance
19. A Galkin vs Shcherbakov 1-0 60 1996 Russian Championship B58 Sicilian
20. Zvjaginsev vs A Galkin ½-½ 43 1996 Russian Championship D45 Queen's Gambit Declined Semi-Slav
21. A Galkin vs A Sokolov ½-½ 25 1996 Russian Championship B83 Sicilian
22. Ulibin vs A Galkin ½-½ 31 1996 Russian Championship E97 King's Indian
23. A Galkin vs V Malakhov 0-1 53 1997 RUS-ch U20 B74 Sicilian, Dragon, Classical
24. A Galkin vs V M Evelev 0-1 25 1997 Petrosian Memorial U18 C30 King's Gambit Declined
25. A Galkin vs E Cherkasova 1-0 17 1997 Petrosian Memorial U18 C31 King's Gambit Declined, Falkbeer Counter Gambit
page 1 of 19; games 1-25 of 475
Nov-19-03 : A. Galkin is real contender by all the way. Ali Makongoro
Nov-19-03 : 24 year-old Alexander Galkin, the player of the day, is Russia's 24th-ranked player, and with a rating of 2607, is ranked 95th in the world. Eggman
Nov-19-03 : I suppose he just kind of gets lost in the sea of Grischuks, Malakhovs, and Morozevichs that Russia constantly produces. PinkPanther
Jun-15-04 : He is a fairly strong GM, but without real victories against the greatest. Catfriend
Oct-02-04 : I know him online he is very nice he helps scholastic players a lot, like me.He also gives em some free lessons sometimes. teme
Jan-31-06 : BIDMONFA Alexander Galkin
Champion - Championship of the World, Youthful, 1999
Feb-07-06 : ooh BIDMONFA... u so crazy babakova
May-23-07 : That guy draws a lot. Up to now, exactly half of his games, 132 out of 264, are draws with 30 moves or less. bauernfresser
Aug-09-11 : He obviously flew below my radar screen, but momentarily he is playing whiteshark Russian Superfinals (2011), such being the case ...
Aug-09-11 : For a chess player he's got a rather surprisingly number of other jobs! polarmis http://www.whychess.org/en/node/1276
Aug-09-11 : So now days he's more politician than chess player. waustad
Mar-06-12 : BIDMONFA Alexander Galkin
Feb-01-16 : Happy birthday to GM Galkin! eternaloptimist
NOTE: Create an account today
to post replies and access other powerful features which are available only to registered users.
Becoming a member is free, anonymous, and takes less than 1 minute! If you already have a username,
then simply login login under your username now to join the discussion.
Please observe our posting guidelines:
No obscene, racist, sexist, or profane language.
No spamming, advertising, duplicate, or gibberish posts.
No vitriolic or systematic personal attacks against other members.
Nothing in violation of United States law.
No cyberstalking or malicious posting of negative or private information (doxing/doxxing) of members.
The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by moderators, create a false impression of consensus or support, or stage conversations, is prohibited.
Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
Please keep all discussion on-topic.
This forum is for this specific player only. To discuss chess or this site in general,
visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members
do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors.
All moderator actions taken are ultimately at the sole discretion of the administration.
Spot an error? Please
suggest your correction
and help us eliminate database mistakes!
Copyright 2001-2021, Chessgames Services LLC