Gilmoy: Well, surely Andreikin had already added the Qxh5 capture to his smite-list around 22 -- as a whimsy with not enough payoff (yet). <23.Qg5> might be a clearance for a possible 24.g4 Ng7 25.Qf6 Ne8 fizzle.
Andreikin after <23..Rfc8>:
- "Need more hammer on h7. Rh3? So I anyways want rook lift."
- "Whimsy: Rg3+ Bf6. Ah, Qxh5, Rg3+, Bg5, a free discovered check: B(f6,e7,d8), then Bf6-Rg7 mate threat. Too slow -- might get Ra8. But am down <more than rook>, so I'm still losing."
- "Danger: Re3 splits my rooks, weak back rank, Bd3 pinned. He wants Rxd3? Qb3-Qc3 :( Rd8 :("
- "B(f6,e7,d8). Rd8 :) Mu-ha-ha. How's my poker face?"
- "Qb3-Qc3 :( Can I save them both? (Nyet.) Can I survive? Qc1+? Um ... Bf1 not so weak. Good thing I have this mate threat ..."
<24.Re3 Rd8??> "Now I am a <rock star>!!"