< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 66 OF 66 ·
|Jan-06-15|| ||tpstar: 1) Carlsen vs Caruana, 2014 There was no bigger surprise in 2014 than Caruana romping through the strongest tournament in chess history.|
2) Topalov vs F Vallejo Pons, 2014 A resurgent and resilient Topalov creates a murky material imbalance for the win.
3) Anand vs Carlsen, 2014 Anand scored one win during this WC match to make it more competitive, despite the eerie air of inevitability.
4) Carlsen vs Anand, 2014 All Hail King Carlsen.
5) B Bok vs W Spoelman, 2014 The brilliant 24. Qe6!! is the surprise shot of the year.
6) A David vs M Vachier-Lagrave, 2014 A flashy yet brutal attack, seemingly out of nowhere.
7) Adams vs Caruana, 2014 The White Queen and the Black Rook do a funny dance in this one.
8) Caruana vs Topalov, 2014 Two bruisers go at it.
9) Caruana vs Karjakin, 2014 Nice endgame grind with a cute finishing touch.
10) Carlsen vs Radjabov, 2014 Radjabov catches Carlsen on an off day but cleverly carries home the ending.
|Jan-06-15|| ||OhioChessFan: Of course one point of this voting is to remind people of great games, or show great games that might have been overlooked. I always hit all the links of all the voters since they had <some> reason for the picks they made. Some people go for the objectively best games, some go for their favorite players, or favorite openings, or whatever catches their fancy. Always entertaining and sometimes fantastic chess. I happened to miss the Topalov-Vallejo game, for example, and got to enjoy it for the first time after seeing all the votes for it here.|
|Jan-06-15|| ||OhioChessFan: <Eyal: Spanish team of chess24 during the minute-or-so that passed from Carlsen's 26...Kd2?? to Anand's 26...a4?? in game 6 of the WC match.>|
Thanks for that. You don't need to understand the language to capture the emotions.
|Jan-06-15|| ||kellmano: <OCF> Did you check out the link of the blitz he provided? You don't have to be a chess player to realise that the position is unbelievable.|
|Jan-06-15|| ||OhioChessFan: Yes, and Carlsen putting his head in his arms TWICE was unbelievable.|
|Jan-06-15|| ||whiteshark: The agony of choice, here you are:
1) Nakamura vs Carlsen, 2014
2) Topalov vs F Vallejo Pons, 2014
3) B Bok vs W Spoelman, 2014
4) Grischuk vs A Filippov, 2014
5) Nakamura vs Van Wely, 2014
6) Grischuk vs M Rodshtein, 2014
7) V Kovalev vs Shirov, 2014
8) Shirov vs S Sulskis, 2014
9) Kramnik vs Mamedyarov, 2014
10) Kramnik vs Morozevich, 2014
Carlsen vs Naiditsch, 2014
|Jan-06-15|| ||tpstar: <whiteshark> Thanks for voting!|
So far we have all chosen a different game for #1. ;>D
<one point of this voting is to remind people of great games, or show great games that might have been overlooked> Absolutely! Lots of fantastic chess to see here.
|Jan-07-15|| ||offramp: <whiteshark: The agony of choice, here you are:
1) Nakamura vs Carlsen, 2014 >
That's my vote - Nak v Carlsen.
|Jan-07-15|| ||Eyal: <B Bok vs W Spoelman, 2014>|
Btw, Bok also played another brilliant Sicilian attacking game this year:
B Bok vs Y Yu, 2014
|Jan-07-15|| ||tpstar: <offramp> Thanks for voting!|
Your one nomination will get 10 points. You may choose up to nine more games by January 14, if you like; just put them in order please.
<Eyal> We Will We Will Bok-Yu!
|Jan-07-15|| ||FairyPromotion: <OhioChessFan: Of course one point of this voting is to [...] show great games that might have been overlooked.> |
Exactly! Games by top players in top tournaments get our attention one way or the other. But there are still many gems in lower category events, national championships, opens, team competitions, women chess, and even in rapid/blitz events. I always come back to check others people's votes, and each year there were a few superb games that I had missed. For example B Bok vs W Spoelman, 2014 seems really special.
BTW tpstar, Carlsen vs S Osinovsky, 2014 is now in the database. (:
|Jan-07-15|| ||tpstar: <FairyPromotion> Wow, Osinovsky played a beautiful game to upset Carlsen. That is easily "Osinovsky's Immortal" for your Game Collection. Do you know him personally?|
Hurry so you can make the first post on that game. =)
|Jan-07-15|| ||OhioChessFan: Yes, hurry, I even deleted what would have been the first post.|
|Jan-07-15|| ||FairyPromotion: Thx a lot guys!
tpstar, no I don't know him personally. The game was played in a simul event organized by a chess site, and I gave the source in my post where I asked chessgames to upload this game. Neither me, nor my friend that told me about the game, don't know any titled players personally.
OCF, I feel bad that you deleted your post. I'm not really a believer that first post itself has a lot of meaning. I could have posted there before making my post here, but I wanted to prepare some analysis, and make a more useful post. Nevertheless I thank you for being thoughtful. Even though you shouldn't have deleted it, that's very kind of you. :)
|Jan-07-15|| ||OhioChessFan: Well, a couple others got there anyway, one of them a possible rehabilitation of Carlsen's position!|
|Jan-09-15|| ||Chnebelgrind: 1
Aronian vs Svidler, 2014
Carlsen vs Caruana, 2014
Navara vs Grischuk, 2014
O Kurmann vs A Moiseenko, 2014
I Nepomniachtchi vs Svidler, 2014
Topalov vs F Vallejo Pons, 2014
A Timofeev vs L Nozdrachev, 2014
Eljanov vs Y Kuzubov, 2014
R Panjwani vs W So, 2014
T Hillarp Persson vs Hector, 2014
|Jan-09-15|| ||tpstar: <Chnebelgrind> Thanks for voting!|
|Jan-10-15|| ||Paragua: 1. Carlsen vs Caruana (0-1 sinquefield)
2. Carlsen vs caruana (1-0 zuerich)
3. Anand vs carlsen (1-0 sochi game3)
4. CArlsen vs anand (1-0 sochi game 2)
5. Carlsen vs caruana (1-0 shamkir g10)
6. Caruana vs carlsen (0-1 tromso)
7. Caruana vs carlsen (1-0 shamkir g4
8. Topalov vs caruana (0-1 st. Louis)
9. Carlsen vs anand (1-0 sochi g6)
10. Carlsen vs anand (1-0 sochi g11
Hope u consider my top picks tpstar. Thnk u so much.
|Jan-10-15|| ||tpstar: <Paragua> Thanks for voting!|
|Jan-12-15|| ||Baron Harkonnen: |
1- T Hillarp Persson vs Hector, 2014
2- Kramnik vs Morozevich, 2014
3- Carlsen vs Nakamura, 2014
4- Karjakin vs Kramnik, 2014
5- I Lysyj vs Morozevich, 2014
6-Aronian vs Svidler, 2014
7-Anand vs Nakamura, 2014
8-Caruana vs Carlsen, 2014
9-Carlsen vs Anand, 2014
10-Anand vs Carlsen, 2014
|Jan-12-15|| ||tpstar: <Baron Harkonnen> Thanks for voting!|
You have great taste. ;>D
|Jan-12-15|| ||chancho: I still burst out laughing whenever I read this:
|Jan-15-15|| ||tpstar: Game Collection: Best Games of 2014|
|Jan-15-15|| ||OhioChessFan: Thank you.|
|Feb-14-15|| ||Baron Harkonnen: "barangay sugar"
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 66 OF 66 ·