Photo courtesy of www.dimitri.org.
Number of games in database: 418
Years covered: 1968 to 2015
Last FIDE rating: 2307 (2284 rapid, 2244 blitz)
Highest rating achieved in database: 2445
+114 -157 =146 (44.8 %)*
* Overall winning percentage = (wins+draws/2) / total games in the database.
1 exhibition game, blitz/rapid, odds game, etc. is excluded from this statistic.
NOTABLE GAMES: [ what is this?] Smejkal vs H Bohm, 1976 0-1
Timman vs H Bohm, 1975 1/2-1/2
H Bohm vs F Olafsson, 1976 1-0
K Langeweg vs H Bohm, 1976 1/2-1/2
Miles vs H Bohm, 1977 1/2-1/2
H Bohm vs K Langeweg, 1976 1-0
NOTABLE TOURNAMENTS: [ what is this?] Dutch Championship (1975)
Amsterdam IBM-B (1978)
Amsterdam IBM (1975)
Dutch Championship (1978)
Dutch Championship (1979)
Dutch Championship (1982)
Dutch Championship (1984)
Amsterdam IBM-B (1980)
Dutch Championship (1977)
Amsterdam IBM (1976)
Lone Pine (1979)
Lone Pine (1978)
GAME COLLECTIONS: [ what is this?] Amsterdam IBM 1976 by suenteus po 147
Amsterdam IBM 1975 by Chessdreamer
Wijk aan Zee 1983 B by EmperorAtahualpa
RECENT GAMES: 🏆
Dutch League 2014-15 H Bohm vs R Kuijf (2015) 1/2-1/2
Search Sacrifice Explorer for Hans Bohm
Search Google for Hans Bohm
FIDE player card for Hans Bohm
HANS BOHM (born Jan-15-1950, 71 years old) Netherlands
[ what is this?]
Hans Böhm was born in Rotterdam. He was awarded the IM title in 1975.
page 1 of 17; games 1-25 of 418
Moves Year Event/Locale Opening
1. H Bohm vs J Moles 1-0 39 1968 Plymouth C28 Vienna Game
2. Timman vs H Bohm 1-0 47 1968 NED-chT A46 Queen's Pawn Game
3. H van Halderen vs H Bohm ½-½ 72 1968 The Hague-C B04 Alekhine's Defense, Modern
4. H Bohm vs A J van Dop 1-0 36 1968 The Hague-C B31 Sicilian, Rossolimo Variation
5. H Bohm vs O Rost van Tonningen ½-½ 53 1968 The Hague-C C15 French, Winawer
6. H Bohm vs J van Baarle 1-0 29 1968 The Hague-C B50 Sicilian
7. H Bohm vs Andersson 0-1 41 1968 EU-ch U20 prel E81 King's Indian, Samisch
8. H Bohm vs B Vujacic 0-1 46 1969 EU-ch U20 prel A48 King's Indian
9. H Bohm vs L Teirlinck 1-0 21 1969 EU-ch U20 final-B C22 Center Game
10. J Juhnke vs H Bohm 1-0 65 1969 EU-ch U20 final-B B18 Caro-Kann, Classical
11. A Lombard vs H Bohm ½-½ 31 1969 EU-ch U20 prel B01 Scandinavian
12. K Payrhuber vs H Bohm 0-1 40 1969 EU-ch U20 final-B E26 Nimzo-Indian, Samisch
13. L Teirlinck vs H Bohm 0-1 31 1969 EU-ch U20 prel A38 English, Symmetrical
14. J Juhnke vs H Bohm 1-0 21 1969 EU-ch U20 prel C41 Philidor Defense
15. H Bohm vs S Fedder ½-½ 11 1969 EU-ch U20 prel C69 Ruy Lopez, Exchange, Gligoric Variation
16. J Pokojowczyk vs H Bohm 1-0 39 1969 EU-ch U20 final-B B01 Scandinavian
17. H Bohm vs B Vujacic ½-½ 63 1969 EU-ch U20 final-B B24 Sicilian, Closed
18. H Bohm vs S Fedder 0-1 40 1969 EU-ch U20 final-B C22 Center Game
19. G Ligterink vs H Bohm ½-½ 35 1969 EU-ch U20 final-B E20 Nimzo-Indian
20. H Bohm vs J Moles 1-0 40 1969 EU-ch U20 final-B D03 Torre Attack (Tartakower Variation)
21. J Pokojowczyk vs H Bohm 1-0 39 1969 EU-ch U20 prel B04 Alekhine's Defense, Modern
22. H Bohm vs Bellon Lopez 1-0 30 1969 EU-ch U20 final-B B30 Sicilian
23. Soos vs H Bohm ½-½ 54 1970 Dieren op E21 Nimzo-Indian, Three Knights
24. H Bohm vs Iskov ½-½ 48 1971 Stockholm op C69 Ruy Lopez, Exchange, Gligoric Variation
25. E Scholl vs H Bohm 0-1 40 1972 Dutch Championship B07 Pirc
page 1 of 17; games 1-25 of 418
May-12-05 : WorldChampeen http://www.classicalgames.com/Merch...
Co-Author of the Wondering King; Book on Fischer; apparently related to the Dutch video program too.
Oct-23-05 : Hans BÃ¶hm is one of the more interesting people in the Dutch chess scene. An old friend of Jan Timman, they shared their bohemian view on professional chess. Together they made an chessbook for beginners together with an LP!!!. He also had a radioshow on chess in the '80's!!!
Later on he became a co-host on a comic tv-show in Holland. tutu
May-07-10 : H-BOMB!! jstufflebean
Jun-03-10 : . . .
Jun-03-10 : tpstar <myschkin> Really?!
Smejkal vs H Bohm, 1976 as "Bohm Shake Shake Shake the Room" in the Pun Contest (thanks to the fantastic Informant Game Collection by <TheAlchemist>) but it didn't fly.
Did you catch his game against Death in the Kibitzer's Cafe? ;>D
Jan-15-11 : Congrats on the royal award. Well deserved! Stonehenge
Jul-10-12 : Dutch IM Hans Bohm and GM Robin Swinkels (then an IM) once played a 15-minute game with 5 seconds increment at the bottom of tropical sea at a depth of 4 meters. wordfunph
The game ended in a draw.
Jul-10-12 : That raises a lot of questions.
1) Which tropical seas are only four meters deep?
2) Were they snorkeling, or was the increment used to resurface for air?
3) How did they get around the dress code?
Jul-10-12 : Get your filthy Hans off my Bohm. boz
Jul-15-12 : Hans Bohm was to Timman what Watson was to Holmes, as Timman and BÃ²hm were on one big road/trip throughout the European continent from 1970 to 1975. Inseparable, and best friends. achieve
For those interested in the "Hans Bohm" pronunciation: I submitted the correct one to CG and you can hear it by clicking the "PRONUNCIATION" button located at the top of the Bio section.
Aug-24-14 : OMG!!! He's 64!!!!!!!!! ketchuplover
May-30-19 : BIDMONFA Hans Bohm
May-30-19 : I recall him playing at Hastings 1973/74 when he played in the Challengers Section scoring 6points from 9 games.Timman was playing in the Premier at the same time but like achieve stated they were always together when not playing. Nosnibor
Dec-20-19 : I read an interview with him where he stated that if Timman had agreed to a draw in an otherwise not important game he would have made a Grandmaster Norm and possibly his final one. RadioBoy
Dec-20-19 : Kudos to Timman. MissScarlett <GM> doesn't stand for <gimme>.
Jan-20-20 : This is the "Grandmaster Norm" game from OHRA 1984 at Amsterdam Swedish Logician H Bohm vs Timman, 1984
Readers of Dutch can find more details here: https://www.schaaksite.nl/2012/01/1...
This was the last game between BÃ¶hm en Timman, but their penultimate one, a tactical GrÃ¼nfeld 4. Bf4, the year before was more interesting
H Bohm vs Timman, 1983
Jan-20-21 : I won against him in a simul today!!! I'm 5 years older than him!!! Octavia
Jan-20-21 : Post the gamescore, please! OhioChessFan
NOTE: Create an account today
to post replies and access other powerful features which are available only to registered users.
Becoming a member is free, anonymous, and takes less than 1 minute! If you already have a username,
then simply login login under your username now to join the discussion.
Please observe our posting guidelines:
No obscene, racist, sexist, or profane language.
No spamming, advertising, duplicate, or gibberish posts.
No vitriolic or systematic personal attacks against other members.
Nothing in violation of United States law.
No cyberstalking or malicious posting of negative or private information (doxing/doxxing) of members.
The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by moderators, create a false impression of consensus or support, or stage conversations, is prohibited.
Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
Please keep all discussion on-topic.
This forum is for this specific player only. To discuss chess or this site in general,
visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members
do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors.
All moderator actions taken are ultimately at the sole discretion of the administration.
Spot an error? Please
suggest your correction
and help us eliminate database mistakes!
Copyright 2001-2021, Chessgames Services LLC