|Russian Championship Higher League (2005)|
The 58th Russian Championship Higher League tournament was a 66-player 9-round Swiss held in Kazan, Russia, 3-11 September 2007. There were no rest days. The top seven finishers would advance to the Superfinal. Time control: 100 minutes for the first 40 moves, then 50 more minutes to move 60, then 10 more minutes to the end of the game, with 30 seconds added per move from move 1. Prize fund: $100,000. Chief arbiter: Igor Bolotinsky. Deputy arbiter: Alexander Khasin.
Evgeny Ilgizovich Bareev won on tiebreak ahead of Khalifman, both with 6.5/9. Of those with 6/9, Volkov (3rd), Rublevsky (4th), Jakovenko (5th), Najer (6th) and Motylev (7th) qualified. Because of withdrawals (Najer and Alexander Grischuk), also Zvjaginsev (8th) and Tomashevsky (9th) went to the Russian Championship Superfinal (2005).
Wikipedia article: Kazan
Russian Wikipedia: https://dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/ruw...
Jonathan Speelman in The Guardian, 18 September 2005: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...
Previous (and first): Russian Championship Higher League St Petersburg (2004) and Russian Championship Higher League Tomsk (2004). Next: Russian Championship Higher League (2006)
| page 1 of 11; games 1-25 of 270
|1. D Obolenskikh vs V S Popov
|| ||1-0||51||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||C01 French, Exchange|
|2. Filippov vs A Iljushin
|| ||½-½||60||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||A90 Dutch|
|3. E Shaposhnikov vs S Volkov
|| ||0-1||45||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||B10 Caro-Kann|
|4. Tkachiev vs B Savchenko
|| ||1-0||40||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||D37 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|5. S Novikov vs E Alekseev
|| ||½-½||12||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||B90 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|6. Jakovenko vs D Yevseev
||½-½||116||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||D44 Queen's Gambit Declined Semi-Slav|
|7. I Khairullin vs P Smirnov
|| ||½-½||20||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||B20 Sicilian|
|8. Rublevsky vs V Kosyrev
|| ||1-0||47||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||C05 French, Tarrasch|
|9. Bezgodov vs Khalifman
|| ||½-½||44||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||B08 Pirc, Classical|
|10. V Zvjaginsev vs I Kurnosov
|| ||½-½||43||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||B51 Sicilian, Canal-Sokolsky (Rossolimo) Attack|
|11. E Vorobiov vs A Timofeev
|| ||½-½||32||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||B30 Sicilian|
|12. Sakaev vs Tomashevsky
|| ||0-1||33||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||A15 English|
|13. A Lugovoi vs Motylev
|| ||½-½||41||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||E92 King's Indian|
|14. D M Chuprov vs A Galkin
|| ||½-½||32||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||B17 Caro-Kann, Steinitz Variation|
|15. V Yemelin vs Kharlov
|| ||½-½||37||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||C90 Ruy Lopez, Closed|
|16. E Inarkiev vs V A Loginov
|| ||1-0||57||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||B90 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|17. Vitiugov vs M Kobalia
|| ||0-1||32||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||D44 Queen's Gambit Declined Semi-Slav|
|18. Bareev vs Y R Yakovich
||1-0||26||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||A20 English|
|19. A Shariyazdanov vs Balashov
|| ||1-0||29||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||A46 Queen's Pawn Game|
|20. A Gavrilov vs Dvoirys
|| ||½-½||52||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||D85 Grunfeld|
|21. A Lastin vs A M Galliamova
|| ||1-0||35||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||B61 Sicilian, Richter-Rauzer, Larsen Variation, 7.Qd2|
|22. Shabanov vs D Khismatullin
||0-1||31||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||B50 Sicilian|
|23. D Bocharov vs V Grebionkin
|| ||1-0||43||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||E60 King's Indian Defense|
|24. Tseshkovsky vs K Bryzgalin
|| ||0-1||53||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||B46 Sicilian, Taimanov Variation|
|25. V Nevostrujev vs A Riazantsev
|| ||0-1||37||2005||Russian Championship Higher League||B18 Caro-Kann, Classical|
| page 1 of 11; games 1-25 of 270
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC