|Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon) (1946)|
When due to failing airline connections master Kottnauer arrived to late to play in Zaanstreek (1946), a small second event was organized for him as compensation. His opponents were Szabo and Stoltz, who had played in the main event, and Dutch players Theo van den Tol (with 9½/11 winner of one of the reserve sections), Cortlever and Sandifort.
Original collection: Game Collection: Zaandam 1946 - the Kottnauer hexathlon, by User: sneaky pete.
1 2 3 4 5 6
1 Szabo * ½ 1 1 1 1 4½
=2 Cortlever ½ * ½ ½ 1 1 3½
=2 Kottnauer 0 ½ * 1 1 1 3½
4 Stoltz 0 ½ 0 * 1 1 2½
5 Van den Tol 0 0 0 0 * 1 1
6 Sandifort 0 0 0 0 0 * 0
| page 1 of 1; 15 games
|1. C Kottnauer vs Szabo
|| ||0-1||36||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||D27 Queen's Gambit Accepted, Classical|
|2. T van den Tol vs Cortlever
|| ||0-1||77||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||A49 King's Indian, Fianchetto without c4|
|3. W H Sandifort vs Stoltz
|| ||0-1||32||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||E37 Nimzo-Indian, Classical|
|4. C Kottnauer vs T van den Tol
||1-0||37||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||A91 Dutch Defense|
|5. Cortlever vs W H Sandifort
|| ||1-0||26||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||B16 Caro-Kann, Bronstein-Larsen Variation|
|6. Szabo vs Stoltz
|| ||1-0||43||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||D34 Queen's Gambit Declined, Tarrasch|
|7. W H Sandifort vs C Kottnauer
|| ||0-1||49||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||E95 King's Indian, Orthodox, 7...Nbd7, 8.Re1|
|8. Szabo vs T van den Tol
|| ||1-0||55||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||C03 French, Tarrasch|
|9. Stoltz vs Cortlever
|| ||½-½||59||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||C81 Ruy Lopez, Open, Howell Attack|
|10. Cortlever vs Szabo
|| ||½-½||27||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||C48 Four Knights|
|11. C Kottnauer vs Stoltz
|| ||1-0||37||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||A13 English|
|12. T van den Tol vs W H Sandifort
|| ||1-0||29||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||A47 Queen's Indian|
|13. Stoltz vs T van den Tol
|| ||1-0||37||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||C00 French Defense|
|14. W H Sandifort vs Szabo
|| ||0-1||49||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||E39 Nimzo-Indian, Classical, Pirc Variation|
|15. Cortlever vs C Kottnauer
|| ||½-½||30||1946||Zaandam (Kottnauer Hexathlon)||B54 Sicilian|
There is no kibitzing for this page, yet.
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any gratuitous name-calling
of any members—including Admin and Owners—or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC