|Noteboom Memorial (1965)|
A combination of eight grandmasters and masters competed in the annual Noteboom Memorial held in Noordwijk, The Netherlands from February 21 to 28, 1965. Among the notable participants were former world champion Mikhail Botvinnik, Danish sensation Bent Larsen, and Salomon Flohr. Jan Hein Donner led the Dutch contingent of players that included Jacob Kort and Carl Van den Berg. Bulgarian grandmaster Milko Bobotsov and Yugoslav grandmaster Petar Trifunovic rounded out the roster of participants. Botvinnik was only removed from his world championship crown but had maintained his class, scoring six points from seven games with Trifunovic finishing a distant second to him.|
Original collection: Game Collection: Noordwijk 1965, by User: suenteus po 147.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Pts
1st Botvinnik * 1 ½ 1 1 ½ 1 1 6.0
2nd Trifunovic 0 * ½ 1 ½ 1 ½ 1 4.5
3rd Flohr ½ ½ * 1 ½ ½ ½ ½ 4.0
=4th Larsen 0 0 0 * 1 1 ½ 1 3.5
=4th Van den Berg 0 ½ ½ 0 * ½ 1 1 3.5
=6th Bobotsov ½ 0 ½ 0 ½ * ½ 1 3.0
=6th Donner 0 ½ ½ ½ 0 ½ * 1 3.0
8th Kort 0 0 ½ 0 0 0 0 * 0.5
| page 1 of 2; games 1-25 of 28
|1. Flohr vs C B van den Berg
|| ||½-½||17||1965||Noteboom Memorial||A04 Reti Opening|
|2. P Trifunovic vs J Kort
|| ||1-0||23||1965||Noteboom Memorial||B27 Sicilian|
|3. Botvinnik vs Larsen
||1-0||52||1965||Noteboom Memorial||D35 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|4. J H Donner vs M Bobotsov
|| ||½-½||20||1965||Noteboom Memorial||E52 Nimzo-Indian, 4.e3, Main line with ...b6|
|5. J Kort vs C B van den Berg
|| ||0-1||53||1965||Noteboom Memorial||B99 Sicilian, Najdorf, 7...Be7 Main line|
|6. M Bobotsov vs Flohr
|| ||½-½||19||1965||Noteboom Memorial||A28 English|
|7. P Trifunovic vs Botvinnik
||0-1||52||1965||Noteboom Memorial||B06 Robatsch|
|8. Larsen vs J H Donner
|| ||½-½||44||1965||Noteboom Memorial||A09 Reti Opening|
|9. C B van den Berg vs M Bobotsov
|| ||½-½||46||1965||Noteboom Memorial||B27 Sicilian|
|10. Botvinnik vs J Kort
||1-0||49||1965||Noteboom Memorial||A00 Uncommon Opening|
|11. Flohr vs Larsen
||1-0||39||1965||Noteboom Memorial||B39 Sicilian, Accelerated Fianchetto, Breyer Variation|
|12. J H Donner vs P Trifunovic
|| ||½-½||19||1965||Noteboom Memorial||D18 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav, Dutch|
|13. J Kort vs M Bobotsov
|| ||0-1||34||1965||Noteboom Memorial||B09 Pirc, Austrian Attack|
|14. Larsen vs C B van den Berg
|| ||1-0||27||1965||Noteboom Memorial||A29 English, Four Knights, Kingside Fianchetto|
|15. Botvinnik vs J H Donner
||1-0||53||1965||Noteboom Memorial||A17 English|
|16. P Trifunovic vs Flohr
|| ||½-½||20||1965||Noteboom Memorial||B17 Caro-Kann, Steinitz Variation|
|17. Flohr vs Botvinnik
||½-½||20||1965||Noteboom Memorial||D13 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav, Exchange Variation|
|18. J H Donner vs J Kort
|| ||1-0||54||1965||Noteboom Memorial||E62 King's Indian, Fianchetto|
|19. C B van den Berg vs P Trifunovic
|| ||½-½||14||1965||Noteboom Memorial||C09 French, Tarrasch, Open Variation, Main line|
|20. M Bobotsov vs Larsen
|| ||0-1||56||1965||Noteboom Memorial||D60 Queen's Gambit Declined, Orthodox Defense|
|21. J H Donner vs Flohr
|| ||½-½||26||1965||Noteboom Memorial||B15 Caro-Kann|
|22. P Trifunovic vs M Bobotsov
|| ||1-0||25||1965||Noteboom Memorial||A04 Reti Opening|
|23. Botvinnik vs C B van den Berg
||1-0||38||1965||Noteboom Memorial||A07 King's Indian Attack|
|24. J Kort vs Larsen
||0-1||33||1965||Noteboom Memorial||A56 Benoni Defense|
|25. C B van den Berg vs J H Donner
||1-0||13||1965||Noteboom Memorial||B96 Sicilian, Najdorf|
| page 1 of 2; games 1-25 of 28
There is no kibitzing for this page, yet.
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any gratuitous name-calling
of any members—including Admin and Owners—or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC