The tournament was played at the Astoria-Haus "Renaissance" from June 19 to July 2. Participants were ... [more]
Player: Wolfgang Unzicker
| page 1 of 1; 17 games
|1. Unzicker vs Rautenberg
|| ||0-1||31||1949||Oldenburg||D45 Queen's Gambit Declined Semi-Slav|
|2. W Kuppe vs Unzicker
||0-1||29||1949||Oldenburg||A18 English, Mikenas-Carls|
|3. Kieninger vs Unzicker
|| ||½-½||47||1949||Oldenburg||E33 Nimzo-Indian, Classical|
|4. Unzicker vs P Tautvaisas
|| ||½-½||37||1949||Oldenburg||C79 Ruy Lopez, Steinitz Defense Deferred|
|5. Unzicker vs Rossolimo
||½-½||78||1949||Oldenburg||C90 Ruy Lopez, Closed|
|6. Rellstab vs Unzicker
|| ||1-0||46||1949||Oldenburg||D97 Grunfeld, Russian|
|7. O'Kelly vs Unzicker
|| ||1-0||38||1949||Oldenburg||C99 Ruy Lopez, Closed, Chigorin, 12...cd|
|8. Unzicker vs H Heemsoth
|| ||1-0||22||1949||Oldenburg||B73 Sicilian, Dragon, Classical|
|9. J Enevoldsen vs Unzicker
|| ||0-1||26||1949||Oldenburg||C83 Ruy Lopez, Open|
|10. B H Wood vs Unzicker
||0-1||28||1949||Oldenburg||D97 Grunfeld, Russian|
|11. Unzicker vs H Heinicke
|| ||½-½||37||1949||Oldenburg||B63 Sicilian, Richter-Rauzer Attack|
|12. Unzicker vs E Walther
|| ||1-0||58||1949||Oldenburg||B59 Sicilian, Boleslavsky Variation, 7.Nb3|
|13. O Sarapu vs Unzicker
|| ||½-½||52||1949||Oldenburg||C78 Ruy Lopez|
|14. Unzicker vs Saemisch
||1-0||23||1949||Oldenburg||C79 Ruy Lopez, Steinitz Defense Deferred|
|15. E Zemgalis vs Unzicker
|| ||½-½||29||1949||Oldenburg||D75 Neo-Grunfeld, 6.cd Nxd5, 7.O-O c5, 8.dxc5|
|16. Bogoljubov vs Unzicker
|| ||½-½||75||1949||Oldenburg||D75 Neo-Grunfeld, 6.cd Nxd5, 7.O-O c5, 8.dxc5|
|17. Unzicker vs Wade
||½-½||45||1949||Oldenburg||C18 French, Winawer|
| page 1 of 1; 17 games
There is no kibitzing for this page, yet.
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any gratuitous name-calling
of any members—including Admin and Owners—or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC