Played in Tarvisio, Italy 13-25 November 2017. Official site: ... [more]
Player: Bilel Bellahcene
| page 1 of 1; 10 games
|Nov-25-17|| ||SueursFroides: IM Praggnanandhaa was close to win the world junior championship and the GM title, I think he will remember his draw against Lomasov in a winning position. But first GM norm for him.|
|Nov-25-17|| ||Tabanus: So this is the World Junior Championship.|
|Nov-25-17|| ||LucB: Something is puzzling me about this tournament..|
It was an 11-round Swiss from what I can gather, and so my question is: why 11 rounds? Why not an even number of rounds?
|Nov-26-17|| ||stst: <...11-round Swiss...>|
11, odd and prime, pure and elegant, not too large, not too small, reducing chances of draws etc. etc.
|Nov-26-17|| ||Tabanus: http://chess-results.com/tnr305835....|
I thought this was the official results, and e-mailed Chess-Results about the missing games from round 11 (they have all games from rounds 1-10). I got this reply: "sorry, but I am not involved in the World Junior Championship. Please contact the organiser".
And so I did. I just wrote to the organizer, using the form at http://www.fideacademy.com/wjcc2017...
<Dear organizer, for PGNs and results, your official page on the event refers to "Chess-Results" (only), but they are missing the games from round 11 (they have all games from rounds 1-10). Also I got the message from Chess-Results that "sorry, but I am not involved in the World Junior Championship. Please contact the organiser".
I don't understand this. Where exactly to find the official results? And the games? I sincerely thought it was Chess-Results who had it.>
I'll keep you updated on the answer (if any). It's also very possible I've missed a point or three here.
Regarding the World Junior Championship (2016), the claim-to-be "official page" at http://www.wjcc2016india.com/ has no results or games (AFAICS). Then http://chess-results.com/tnr233622.... has the results, but no games. Perhaps they were not involved there either?
Perhaps a solution for CG could be to call it World Juniors Open (2016) and strip Xiong of his title.
|Nov-26-17|| ||Tabanus: Congrats Prince Aryan. Well done.
The "official site" has not proclaimed you the winner yet though. Except via Chess-Results, who says they have nothing to do with it.
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC