argishti: 1. Ì-20 - an Electronic Computing Machine for General Computations.
2. Chief designer was academician of the AS USSR S. A. Lebedev; chief developer assistants were M.K. Soulim (PhD in engineering) and M.R. Shura-Bura (PhD in physics and math); the development team: P.P. Golovistikov (PhD in engineering), V.Ya. Alekseyev (PhD in engineering), V.V. Bardizh (PhD in engineering), V.N. Laut (PhD in engineering), A.A. Sokolov, M.V. Tyapkin, A.S. Fyodorov.
3. Developing organization: the Institute of Precise Mechanics and Computation Equipment (ITM and VT) and the Special design bureau No. 245 (SKB-245).
4. Producer: Kazan Plant of Computing Machines.
5. Development stage was completed by 1958.
6. Manufacturing started in 1958.
7. Manufacturing stopped in 1964.
8. Number of computers produced - 20.
9. Applications: solving tasks in various fields of science and engineering.
15. Main features: The M-20 computer was one of the fastest and most reliable of the first-generation computers all over the world. The general improvement of overall performance was achieved due to new architectural solutions and impulse principle of the circuit structure as well as to introducing:
now thats some real success, although it did not even compete with our iron idiot bronstein here, but realy cool machine.