< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 33 OF 43 ·
|Mar-06-11|| ||Lil Swine: this is classic kasparov, yes it does raise one's awe of his sacrificial play, but this is simply too discriminating to call this game his " immortal", whereas his other games are all similar. If you asked Kasparov to name his immortal, it would probably not be this one|
|Mar-06-11|| ||Kinghunt: <Lil Swine> I believe in chess, someone's "immortal" game doesn't necessarily have to be what they would consider their best game (though I imagine this is a strong candidate for that too). An "immortal" game is simply one where a ridiculous amount of material is sacrificed in exchange for a winning attack.|
|Mar-06-11|| ||HeMateMe: Once Deep Blue started beating elite GMs, Fischer would have refused to play it, because of the growing chance of losing a game/match to a high powered software program.|
He would have 1) kept asking for more money till offers were ended, or 2) demanded an empty room, with no air conditioning or air purification systems (they would have to be shut off, perhaps disassembled), and (3) the site would have to be a country where the USA and the old USSR had no influence. Good luck.
|Mar-10-11|| ||Lennonfan: <lil swine><to call this game his immortal whereas all his games are similar>....well if all his games are similar to this,then the man himself is immortal!! This is total genius!!|
|Mar-20-11|| ||Eduardo Leon: I'm a huge Fischer fan because his pre-1972 self (only his pre-1972 self, not the later antisemitic and jealous SOB) inspires me more sympathy than the huge jerk Kasparov always was. However, this game truly deserves to be called an immortal game. And, yeah, Kasparov was probably better than Fischer. Although not by as much as Kasparov would have liked it to be.|
|Mar-28-11|| ||noah913: great game by kasparov i actually got a 98 on the guess the move wow im kind of surprised.|
|Apr-11-11|| ||LIFE Master AJ: http://www.ajschess.com/lifemastera...|
|Apr-13-11|| ||Mozart72: "Kasparov's Immortal"
Kasparov's 31.25% win probability in move 44 and Topalov's 37.50% win probability in move 43 shows that the game should have been 0-1. But again, it is "Kasparov's Immortal".
|Apr-13-11|| ||Mozart72: Puzzle: Which move gives this game the name of "Kasparov's Immortal"?|
|Apr-14-11|| ||Mozart72: Once more, dear detractors. Puzzle: What move gives the "Kasparov's Immortal" it's name. (No spaming intended.)|
|Apr-14-11|| ||Jim Bartle: It isn't just one move. It starts with the rook sacrifice on move 24 and continues through his brilliant (though apparently less than perfect) winning attack.|
|Apr-14-11|| ||Mozart72: Look up move 38 for white and tell me what you think, Jim.|
|Apr-14-11|| ||Jim Bartle: Are you actually asking, or is this a quiz?
What about move 38? Kasparov was mopping up the victory (very well) by that time.
|Apr-14-11|| ||Mozart72: In move 24 Kasparov has an 81.25% and Topalov a 75% win probability. But on move 25 Kasparov has a 75% win probability. If the game should have ended here it could have been a draw. In move 38) Bxc4 bxc4, Kasparov's win probability is 31.25% and Topalov's win probability is 37.50%. (If the game should have ended here the score would have been 0-1.) But Topalov's win probabilities did not change from this move on, but Kasparov's win probability changed to 31.25% in the last move. This win probability (31.25% against 37.50%) and move 38 gives the game it's name. Don't you agree, Jim?|
|Apr-14-11|| ||Jim Bartle: Anybody else want to take this one?
I don't have a clue what these percentages mean, or where they come from. Or maybe it's all a big joke.
|Apr-14-11|| ||Mozart72: No joke, Jim. Just sheer mathematics. They say that chess is like science: Creativity and hard facts mixed together.|
|Apr-14-11|| ||sevenseaman: I am fazed by some of criticism of the sterling quality of this game.|
The R sac at 24. R+ at 25. and the subsequent analysis if it were taken, the R sac at 37. for deflection and later handling of the end game!
What else would one wish in an immortal against a top player. It an evergreen attraction.
I had very high opinion of Gary's analytical skills after this game. My esteem for the very capable Champion rose many fold.
|Apr-14-11|| ||keypusher: <In move 24 Kasparov has an 81.25% and Topalov a 75% win probability. >|
What is that supposed to mean?
|Apr-14-11|| ||Mozart72: Mathematical probability. The probability scale goes from 0 to 1, keypusher.|
|Apr-14-11|| ||Shams: <Mozart72> Is this performance art? Are you impersonating a troll?|
|Apr-14-11|| ||keypusher: <Mozart72: Mathematical probability. The probability scale goes from 0 to 1, keypusher.>|
And what do .8125 and .75 add up to, genius?
|Apr-14-11|| ||keypusher: <Shams: <Mozart72> Is this performance art? Are you impersonating a troll?>|
That's got to be it. In which case I am an idiot for responding.
|Apr-14-11|| ||Jim Bartle: You and me both. though I did beg for someone else to take it on earlier.|
|Apr-14-11|| ||Mozart72: Endgame analysis + Probability theory is my way of viewing chess.|
|Apr-14-11|| ||Shams: There is zero evidence you're worth a piss at either.|
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 33 OF 43 ·