|Dubai Open (2017)|
The 19th Dubai Open Chess Tournament took place in the Dubai Chess & Culture Club from 3-11 April 2017. The 9-round event was a strong international open, with Ukraine's Anton Korobov as top-seed featuring 44 grandmasters and players from dozens of countries. The top 40 boards were relayed live. The prize fund was $50,000, with $13,000 for first place. The time control was 90 minutes per player, with a 30 second increment from move 1. An 11-round blitz tournament to be held on the rest day, 7 April, with a 3 minute + 2 second time control and a $1,000 first prize. (1)
Official site: http://dubaichess.ae/. Crosstable: http://www.chess-results.com/tnr275...
(1) chess24: 19th Dubai Open https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-t...
| page 1 of 14; games 1-25 of 347
|1. P Karthikeyan vs R Sameir
|| ||1-0||27||2017||Dubai Open||D25 Queen's Gambit Accepted|
|2. Saina Salonika vs L Pantsulaia
|| ||0-1||81||2017||Dubai Open||A07 King's Indian Attack|
|3. A Indjic vs Mishra Baivab
|| ||1-0||43||2017||Dubai Open||D22 Queen's Gambit Accepted|
|4. Leon Luke Mendonca vs A Tari
|| ||0-1||47||2017||Dubai Open||A07 King's Indian Attack|
|5. A Adly vs Sahajasri Cholleti
|| ||1-0||35||2017||Dubai Open||A08 King's Indian Attack|
|6. A Kavinda vs M Mchedlishvili
|| ||0-1||38||2017||Dubai Open||A04 Reti Opening|
|7. B Bok vs V Feldman
|| ||1-0||39||2017||Dubai Open||B23 Sicilian, Closed|
|8. Rolando F Gangozo vs A Gupta
|| ||0-1||30||2017||Dubai Open||A46 Queen's Pawn Game|
|9. M Yilmaz vs V Agrawal
|| ||1-0||50||2017||Dubai Open||E63 King's Indian, Fianchetto, Panno Variation|
|10. N Abasov vs R Salah
|| ||1-0||24||2017||Dubai Open||A07 King's Indian Attack|
|11. I Berezina vs M Antipov
|| ||0-1||41||2017||Dubai Open||E16 Queen's Indian|
|12. E Can vs Nutakki Priyanka
||1-0||23||2017||Dubai Open||D85 Grunfeld|
|13. Jemal Ovezdurdiyeva vs A Mastrovasilis
|| ||0-1||55||2017||Dubai Open||E46 Nimzo-Indian|
|14. Tianle Deng vs S L Narayanan
|| ||0-1||60||2017||Dubai Open||C77 Ruy Lopez|
|15. A Pichot vs T Goyal
|| ||1-0||43||2017||Dubai Open||B30 Sicilian|
|16. M Nikhil vs Yinglun Xu
|| ||0-1||52||2017||Dubai Open||B94 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|17. A H T dos Santos Fier vs S Gagare
|| ||1-0||50||2017||Dubai Open||D37 Queen's Gambit Declined|
|18. Jain Jeet vs J Santos Latasa
|| ||0-1||72||2017||Dubai Open||B41 Sicilian, Kan|
|19. B Lalith vs Anand Pranav
|| ||1-0||50||2017||Dubai Open||E05 Catalan, Open, Classical line|
|20. B Hallaeva vs P Idani
|| ||½-½||48||2017||Dubai Open||B22 Sicilian, Alapin|
|21. D Kurbanov vs S Zhigalko
||0-1||21||2017||Dubai Open||B94 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|22. Zhong Zhang vs M Makropoulou
|| ||1-0||57||2017||Dubai Open||A04 Reti Opening|
|23. J Dutta vs I Salgado Lopez
|| ||0-1||39||2017||Dubai Open||A80 Dutch|
|24. M Hisham Al Yaghshi vs Temur Kuybokarov
|| ||½-½||47||2017||Dubai Open||D16 Queen's Gambit Declined Slav|
|25. V Abbasov vs A Korobov
||1-0||32||2017||Dubai Open||B90 Sicilian, Najdorf|
| page 1 of 14; games 1-25 of 347
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC