Jose Felix Villarreal Felix
Number of games in database: 5
Years covered: 1975 to 2000
Last FIDE rating: 2339
Highest rating achieved in database: 2369
Overall record: +2 -2 =1 (50.0%)*
* Overall winning percentage = (wins+draws/2) / total games.
Most played openings
|B23|| ||Sicilian, Closed (3 games)|
Search Sacrifice Explorer for Jose Felix Villarreal Felix
Search Google for Jose Felix Villarreal Felix
FIDE player card for Jose Felix Villarreal Felix
|JOSE FELIX VILLARREAL FELIX
(born 1956) Mexico
[what is this?]
| page 1 of 1; 5 games
|Jul-21-17|| ||syracrophy: José Félix Villarreal Félix has been one of the great figures of mexican chess from his junior years. He made his great breakthrough on his second Olympic participation at Malta (1980), playing 4th Board, by taking the first of the only two golds of Mexico's overall record. He represented Mexico in three more Olympiads, being Istanbul (2000) his last appearance.|
Gabriel Velasco, the venturesome author of the first complete anthologies of life and games of Mexican legends Carlos Torre and Marcel Sisniega, pointed out on his book on Sisniega that Villarreal scored a brilliant win against the Serbian master, Nenad Ristic, at a World U20. Here it is and will make one more attempt of submit.
Jose Felix Villarreal Felix vs. Nenad Ristic
World Championship U20, 1975
1. e4 c5 2. ♘c3 ♘c6 3. f4 g6 4. ♘f3 ♗g7 5. ♗c4 e6 6. d3 ♘ge7 7. f5 exf5 8. O-O O-O 9. ♕e1 <One could hardly expect a ♕ sac in four more moves from this point...> ♘d4 10. ♕h4 ♘xf3+ <...but then you have a cooperative opponent> 11. ♖xf3 ♔h8 12. ♗g5 f6
click for larger view
13. ♕xh7+ <The culmination of a sacrifice requires at least one error from one side, as Tartakower would say someday> ♔xh7 14. ♖h3+ ♗h6 15. ♗xh6 d5 16. ♗xf8+ ♔g8 17. ♗xe7 ♕xe7 18. ♘xd5 ♕e5 19. ♘c7+ ♔g7 20. ♘xa8 b5 21. ♗xb5 ♕xb2 22. ♖f1 ♕xb5 23. ♘c7 ♕d7 24. ♘d5 fxe4 <Ruining right away what could've been a decent Q vs RR ending>
click for larger view
25. ♖h7+ ♔xh7 26. ♘xf6+ ♔g7 27. ♘xd7 ♗xd7 28. dxe4 ♗b5 29. ♖f4 1-0
Spot an error? Please
suggest your correction
and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, totally anonymous,
and 100% free--plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, or profane language.
- No spamming, advertising, or duplicating posts.
- No personal attacks against other members.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No posting personal information of members.
See something that violates our rules? Blow the whistle and inform an administrator.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific player and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, you might try the Kibitzer's Café.
posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors.|
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2018, Chessgames Services LLC